Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RickNeff
  1.    #1  
    Hello all, I just got my Hp touchpad last week and already want to develop something for it. (I'll let you know what in a minute) Basically I know nothing about developing homebrew patches/apps for the hp touchpad. Would someone like to tell me the basics or give me a link so i can learn how? I'm good with computers so you don't need to worry about that. Like what language does the touchpad use(like C++, or C#)? I just need to know how it would be done and hopefully there is a guide out there that one of you reading this knows about

Basically I want to develop an app/patch that allows you to play the N64 emulator along with the SNES, with the PS3 controller. And yes i know that you have the only way to pair the ps3 is with a USB but i think i can work around that.

Please help me out!!!!! I'll pay someone to help me out if need be haha! Thanks in advance!
    There are two options: SDK, which uses Javascript, HTML, & CSS to develop apps and the PDK which uses C to develop apps and to port other platform apps to webOS.

The best place is to learn in at HP/Palm's developer site: https://developer.palm.com/
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    soccergum likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Thankyou so much.... so what would i do to edit the kernal? Im trying to add support for gamepads??? you may think im some little kid over my head...but im not. Im gonna learn this and get something to work haha
    Frankly, I think you should start small and work your way up. Get the basics down first before attempting something big.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
  5.    #5  
    Hey i have a few more questions and hopefully you can help me???

Okay first off i want to expand the devices that the bluetooth stack supports as well as add support for usb gamepads (obviously using a USB y cable and provide power to it)
    .....So basically my question is what do I need to use, to do this? ESuch as should i use SDK or PDK... Whats Enyo and Whats mojo???

Last 2 questions I have

== what language should i should i learn first? HTML, JAVA or C++/C?????

== Is it possible to port the sixaxis controller app from android to the HP Touchpad??? Since both OSs are linux based it should be possible right?

-----I hope that im not in over my head when trying to develop something like this... I've never developed before and have a basic understanding of how the bluetooth stack works. Also i believe to add suppor for a gamepad i would have to edit the kernal????

Thankyou so much for you time!!!
    My understanding is that the bluetooth stack on Touchpad is closed-source. Unless someone manages to replace it with an open source stack like Bluez, it'll be very difficult to add functionality to it.

If there's an android app that does you're looking for, the easiest way would be to install Android on the Touchpad and use it from there.

As for programming languages, Bluez is written in C.