Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MacReeg
  1.    #1  
    Hello together!

After a half year of development I am proud to present my first webOS game "EnergyBall" for the Palm Pre.

Energy Ball is an arcade game in which a high-energy ball - connected to a kind of tractor beam - must be controlled for collision into an anti-matter ball. The longer the tractor beam is, the harder is it to control the player's own high-energy ball and the higher the score is when hitting the anti-matter target. In the difficulty level "hard" the plasma wall should not be touched with the player's own ball - otherwise there are point deductions. The player moves the ball by using the touchscreen. The high score is entered via the device keypad.

The game is available on the Palm Pre, Palm Pre 2 and HP Pre 3 App Catalog!

I would appreciate any feedback!

Greets MacReeg
    Last edited by MacReeg; 11/18/2011 at 06:00 PM.
    CvvB and iprice like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacReeg View Post
    Hello together!

After a half year of development I am proud to present my first webOS game "EnergyBall" for the Palm Pre.

Click to view quoted image

Energy Ball is a simple arcade game in which a high-energy ball - connected to a kind of tractor beam - must be controlled for collision into an anti-matter ball. The longer the tractor beam is, the harder is it to control the player's own high-energy ball and the higher the score is when hitting the anti-matter target. In the difficulty level "hard" the plasma wall should not be touched with the player's own ball - otherwise there are point deductions. The player moves the ball by using the touchscreen. The high score is entered via the device keypad.

The game is available on the Palm Pre App Catalog!

I would appreciate any feedback!

Greets MacReeg
    I looked at the new game on the Pre app catalog. Looks very cool. My pre is scratched all to hell so I was wondering if I can download it on to my Touchpad. I wouldn't mind the small screen because it looks cool for .99 cents.
    shanpalm61@gmail.com
    It's a PDK app made with GLBasic, so it should scale up for the TouchPad (all GLBasic apps do, including my own).

However, the TouchPad doesn't have a keypad, so you probably won't be able to enter a high-score. Dunno.

It looks very nice though

[EDIT] Doesn't look like it's available for the TouchPad on the App Catalog.
    Last edited by iprice; 10/18/2011 at 03:29 PM.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
  4.    #4  
    @shanpalm, iprice : thanks for the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by iprice View Post
    However, the TouchPad doesn't have a keypad, so you probably won't be able to enter a high-score.
    Maybe I should implement selectable softkeys for devices without physically keypads!?

Greets MacReeg
  5.    #5  
    Hello together!

EnergyBall is now also available for the Palm Pre 2. Use App Catalog for downloading.

Greets MacReeg
  6.    #6  
    Hello again!

Good news for you! My game EnergyBall is now also available for the HP Pre 3. In this new version I redesigned the title and background graphics of the game (look at the pictures in my first posting!). The game for all three Pre devices is availabe in their app catalogs.

Greets, MacReeg
    Just got this game. It is well put together. To improve it could use levels where it progressively gets hard. The wall is in different places other than standard box. Some balls could have negative effects causing more stategy to have to be used. Also would be nice to see high scores for easy, med, hard kept separtely. Hope the games becomes more popular.
    Please make a TP version
    If this helped you hit thanks.