1.    #1  
    OK, I admit it... I screwed up and hope someone can help :'(

I did some editing on several jail_xxxxx.conf files without backing them up first and must have screwed something up because now several apps fail to load and jail debugging tells me /etc/jail_device.conf can not be found. The file is there, I did not edit it, and it loads fine when included from the jail_games.conf file (one I never modified). However when included from any of the jail files I tinkered with, I get the error.

I tried to use ipkg manager to force-reinstall jail, but the package can not be found and I don't know where it is. I really just need a copy of the /etc/jail*.conf files if someone be so kind.

Any help for the careless would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dave
    I will begin the praying....
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Time to visit the Doctor!
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Here are a couple links for the doctor. You need to restore your device back to factory or you will continue to have problems.
    Touchpad:
    Palm Support : Using HP webOS Doctor
    Phones:
    Palm - webOS Doctor - Select your device
  5.    #5  
    Thanks very much, but I'm not at the last resort yet. Mostly I'm still up and running and more interested in fixing the broken jail if possible.

Ideally I hope someone can share a copy of their /etc/jail*.conf files with me, I only edited 5 in total (added a mount line) but in the process I seem to have broken several of them. I pulled out my edits but wonder if as I copy and pasted did I maybe paste some control characters which don't show in the editor?

Anyway, I do appreciate you referring a good doctor :-)
    You haven't specified your device or webos version. Here you get the files from my veer.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  7.    #7  
    Oops, great point.

I'm running a 16 gig TP, webOS 3.0.2

Thanks for the files, turns out they are too different to solve my trouble but when I replaced the triton-inst and ran my test app I got a different result and figure this is a good sign that I'm on to something.

Now if some kind sole would just send me the TP v3.0.2 version of the /etc/jail*.conf files I might be able to avoid the doc.
    Last edited by dyoungdahl; 10/13/2011 at 03:56 PM. Reason: update on testing
    Why dont you just extract them from the webdoctor-file? After all a JAR is just a ZIP-file. There are some TARs in it from which you can extract every file you want.