Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TabletConnectDev
  1.    #1  
    Hello,

I am a new webOS developer and am creating an app (basically a feed reader) that pulls my posts directly from my blog via RSS feed. Not sure why it is not working. The url to my blog feed is "http :// feeds.feedburner. com/ TabletConnect" (without the spaces since I can't post links). When I use this url in my app, it does not read from it. It can read other RSS urls but not this one. Any idea why and how I can get the app to read the feed? Thanks.
    the RSS feed parser in mojo is very temperamental. I was able to parse your feed in my app called techtray but my app says your feed is a nonstandard ATOM feed as opposed to most other feeds that are RSS 2.0 format. (essentially the field delimiters in ATOM feeds are different for story, title, description etc which is a real pain). So I had to setup some code in my app to detect if atom nodes were present and if so then to parse the returned XML differently.

i'm kind of a novice anyway - so maybe someone else can give better advice. But there's my 2 cents. Perhaps there's a more elegant way to programatically go about this.

another way to work around is to create an alias of your feed using yahoo's pipes. Pipes converts a feed to RSS 2.0 (among many other features) and then you can use the yahoo pipes URL (or tinyurl it) and go that route.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    the RSS feed parser in mojo is very temperamental. I was able to parse your feed in my app called techtray but my app says your feed is a nonstandard ATOM feed as opposed to most other feeds that are RSS 2.0 format. (essentially the field delimiters in ATOM feeds are different for story, title, description etc which is a real pain). So I had to setup some code in my app to detect if atom nodes were present and if so then to parse the returned XML differently.

i'm kind of a novice anyway - so maybe someone else can give better advice. But there's my 2 cents. Perhaps there's a more elegant way to programatically go about this.

another way to work around is to create an alias of your feed using yahoo's pipes. Pipes converts a feed to RSS 2.0 (among many other features) and then you can use the yahoo pipes URL (or tinyurl it) and go that route.
    Thx. I forgot to mention I am using Enoyo. Does this still apply?

I will look into the yahoo pipes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  4.    #4  
    That Yahoo pipes really works. Thanks. Unfortunately it doesn't show the first few lines of the article. Only the headlines. But it works.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    cyberprashant likes this.