1.    #1  
    I have an HP Preł and a TouchPad. But I am using here the wrong Linux Version on my Desktop. I am not using some Debian derivation, I am using SuSE 11.4.
    So I was downloading the Novacom.deb file and I extract it. I put manually all files to there right folders. But it will not work. When I connect my Preł, there is only a revolving error message:

[2011/10/9 18:36:38] novacom_usb_findandattach_thread:496: usb_handle 0x00000000, bus 002 dev 007
    [2011/10/9 18:36:38] usbll(00000000) error reading packet, retry: rc(-1), errno 9
    [2011/10/9 18:36:38] usbll(00000000) error reading packet, shutdown: rc(-1), errno 9

Something collides here. Now my question and I think you heard it very often:

Is there a way to get the source code of the palm-novacom-driver?
    OR
    Can you make a *.rpm package?
    AND
    Do you know what is colliding?

Greetings from good old Germany,
    Andreas
    Same error here on Fedora15, followed the Fedora directions on extracting/copying to the right place/etc

But I am following this webos-internals.org/wiki/MojoSDK_on_Fedora#Install_Novacom

It actually tells you what the problem is if you are getting these - the wrong libusb version. For Fedora 15, it says to download F14's libusb. Doing that does fix the problem. So perhaps try grabbing an older SuSE libusb. You don't have to install it, you can just extract the package, copy the individual library file to the /opt/Palm/nova... directory because it tells you to run it with an export LD_LIBRARY_PATH of that directory, so it will look there for its lib's.
    Last edited by joshts0; 10/13/2011 at 01:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshts0 View Post
    Same error here on Fedora15, followed the Fedora directions on extracting/copying to the right place/etc

But I am following this webos-internals.org/wiki/MojoSDK_on_Fedora#Install_Novacom

It actually tells you what the problem is if you are getting these - the wrong libusb version. For Fedora 15, it says to download F14's libusb. Doing that does fix the problem. So perhaps try grabbing an older SuSE libusb. You don't have to install it, you can just extract the package, copy the individual library file to the /opt/Palm/nova... directory because it tells you to run it with an export LD_LIBRARY_PATH of that directory, so it will look there for its lib's.
    Do you mind double checking which libusb you used? I have had a frustrating time getting this to work. I have every x86_64 libusb for fedora going back to fedora 9 or something. I was getting them from:

//rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/3/srodzaj/1/search/libusb-0.1.so.4%28%29%2864bit%29

<-- add the http: (not high enough post count)

and none of them seem to work. Maybe I'm not exporting the path correctly, but I also tried copying the libraries to /usr/lib64/ and running the program. That doesn't work either... very frustrating! Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by klox View Post
    Do you mind double checking which libusb you used? I have had a frustrating time getting this to work. I have every x86_64 libusb for fedora going back to fedora 9 or something. I was getting them from:

//rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/3/srodzaj/1/search/libusb-0.1.so.4%28%29%2864bit%29

<-- add the http: (not high enough post count)

and none of them seem to work. Maybe I'm not exporting the path correctly, but I also tried copying the libraries to /usr/lib64/ and running the program. That doesn't work either... very frustrating! Thanks.
    Pay attention to the wiki page. You have to extract one file from the library and symlink it to another file in the same directory.
    For testing purposes, go to the directory (should be /opt/Palm/novacom ), it should have also the libusb libraries (actually one, but two name, one symlinked to the other).
    From this directoy run ./novacomd -d

Check /var/log/messages to make sure you are not getting the error messages.