Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree8Likes
    It would be wonderful and convenient to make it a preware package. Thanks in advance.
    Thanks for your efforts! I am a heavy TP user and don't really want to risk hosing it up, so I am really looking forward to trying something like this when it is all packaged up and tested out.

Can a Bluetooth keyboard be used with this setup?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Hi, all:

I cannot wait for the preware pkg so I gave this a try.

After I run ./movescripts, I got an error message:

cp: cannot stat '/media/cryptofs/ . . ./start-xterm.orig': no such file or directory.

There is a bunch of stuff where the ... are.

Any advice?

Thanks,
    That error message did not seem to cause any harm because it is working after a reboot.

The time was wrong as others have pointed out but I changed the tzdata so it is right.

I did the apt-get update and upgrade and things seem to be working. Will be doing some more tests today.

however, sound does not work. alsamixer cannot find card.

if I run pulseaudio device chooser, it crashes.

if I run pulseaudio volume control, it says Connection failed. access denied.

also, everytime I launch pcmanfm, it says Transsport endpoint is not connected.
    Last edited by loubapache; 11/15/2011 at 12:38 PM.
  5.    #65  
    Thanks loubapache for your testing.

The error messages are, as you found out, harmless. Those lines were simply to fix some hacks I made to the Ubuntu chroot in earlier versions. And if you don't have the Ubuntu chroot or you didn't install an early version of my scripts, it won't find the hacks.

I will try my scripts on another TouchPad and see if I can get the sound errors that you are getting. I have sound working fine on my system.
    Come help me get my Chroot Scripts working!
    Thanks, qole, for the reply.

I fixed sound by doing the following.

1) uninstall all the pulseaudio stuffs,
    2) Install ffmpeg
    3) run the commands posted from another thread (sorry I do not have the thread ready but copied the codes)

chmod -R a+rw /dev/snd
    adduser <user> audio
    su <user>
    cd ~
    wget http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=4RUXtrZs -O .asoundrc

Sound play fine with music player but when play sound in browser, it breaks up so much I cannot make much out of it.

Your whole package is the most convenient to put Ubuntu chroot on the touchpad.

Thank you!

However, there are some issues as you have also noted.

The biggest issue is the touch sensitivity. I use Chromium and the touch sensitivity is all over the place. Also the repo only has version 10.

The virtual keyboard is a little too ambitious by double-printing.

Flash does not work on mine. I enable/disable the two different plugins but cannot get it to work. Since google-chrome has flash included, I downloaded the deb package but it was not compiled for the right processor. I use google-chrome in all my other Linux installs and there was never a Flash issue.
  7.    #67  
    Hi loubapache,

I think a few of your problems (like Flash, sound, etc) were caused by your apt-get update and upgrade. Pulseaudio is very sensitive to version differences, and your upgrade probably changed the pulseaudio version so much that it broke.

Was there something specific that you were trying to get with the upgrade? Because I had chrome and firefox installed and working.

There is no Flash plugin for ARM Ubuntu, only Gnash and lightening. Your other Linux installs are probably on Intel chips, where there's an official Adobe plugin available.
    Thanks, qole.

So the update && upgrade might have broken them. I was trying to get newer versions of Chromium. After the update and upgrade, firefox did update to 7.0.1, I believe, but chromium stayed at 10.

So can I just delete the image file and re-copy your original image file back to restore to your original state?

Thanks again.
    This is mind-blowing. It's also, thus far, the only chroot that seems to properly boot without errors on my Pre 2. I know it's not meant for the Pre 2, but is there any way of setting the keymap up for the physical keyboard? Whatever the stock ubuntu and debian chroots do here, it works flawlessly. Are their config files available? Many thanks.
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by loubapache View Post
    Thanks, qole.

So the update && upgrade might have broken them. I was trying to get newer versions of Chromium. After the update and upgrade, firefox did update to 7.0.1, I believe, but chromium stayed at 10.

So can I just delete the image file and re-copy your original image file back to restore to your original state?

Thanks again.
    loubapache: Yes, just get the original image file, you can rename your modified version if you want to keep it "just in case".
    Is it possible to make android chroot?
    Quote Originally Posted by qole View Post
    loubapache: Yes, just get the original image file, you can rename your modified version if you want to keep it "just in case".
    Thanks.

Will restore to your original image tomorrow.
    How can the image size be increased? Is it possible to change ubuntu to 11.10?
    Hi,
    I linke your work, works great.
    Is there a way to change to german localisation? I want to have german keyboard layout.

Greetings from Thüringen, Germany

Daniel
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234