Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I've scoured the forums, from what I understand, there is code to support a bluetooth mouse in the Touchpad OS, but it's not complete.

And from what I understand it is possible to write a patch but no one is working on it.

I'm willing to pay money, cold hard cash, for someone to come up with a solution for the Touchpad, and/or the Pre 2/3.

I'm serious.

Respond to this thread and we'll talk.
    Last edited by Vociferous; 09/24/2011 at 02:03 PM.
  2.    #2  
    I'm serious. A hundred bucks. The price of a Touchpad. But the deal is I pay for it and then it's released to the community for free.

It's a functionality I am dying for and I'm willing to pay for it. Is that incentive enough?
    great if u get a bluetooth mouse hooked up, problem is theres no mousepointer to move with that mouse.
    Vistaus likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Is it possible to create a patch that solves that problem?
    thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Is it possible to create a patch that solves that problem?
    That would probably be the easy part. The actual mouse drivers (or at least the OS utilizing them) would be an issue as, from my testing with USB mice it is recognized but doesn't work in anything (even ported desktop apps, i.e. xserver).
  7.    #7  
    Hmmm. So I guess there's no way to get this functionality up and working.

Is there a way to talk to WebOS internals about this? Who should I contact?
    Is there any chance this development goes ahead? With the release of SplashTop Remote app it would be a really useful addition.
    Here is a little hint:

Use synergy-foss when in chroot/ubuntu. With the TP as a synergy client, you get a mouse cursor from the server machine. This is not a perfect solution, but it helps when you are in ubuntu as the touch targets are VERY small.

Sure would be nice if this worked for WebOS apps too.

MrBungle
    I'd be willing to add some money to the pot as well. I've got a keyboard but being able to add a mouse to use with SplashTop would be incredible.
    unfortunately, it's not that incredible -- sit at your desktop, and bring up splashtop on it. wiggle your mouse around for a while. Watch how laggy the mouse responds on the touchpad.

I did set this sort of up, using a rather convoluted setup of:

2 computers
    1 touchpad
    1 ipod Touch 4

Both computers have Splashtop and Synergy-foss installed, the Touchpad has Splashtop Remote Desktop installed, and the iPod has Splashtop Touchpad (that's the remote control keyboard/mouse program).

Connect to the computer that has the Synergy -client- running using the HP Splashtop Remote Desktop, and connect to the computer that has the synergy -server- running using the Splashtop Touchpad on the iPod.

You can now use your Apple iPod as a generic track-pad for your HP Touchpad-pad.

It's clunky, but functional. The lag all comes from the Splashtop Remote presumably queuing updates to the remote desktop, as the mouse pointer moves smooth as silk on both of the computer's screens.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Hmmm. So I guess there's no way to get this functionality up and working.

Is there a way to talk to WebOS internals about this? Who should I contact?
    dont give up hope! maybe something will happen down the road
    buy a laptop if you wanna use a mouse.
    I*think*what*would*be*best*right*now*is*if*we*could*just*get*the*curser*on*there*and*have*
    the*option*to*turn*off*the*tap*to*click*and*just*use*a*left*or*right*click*on*a*virtual*
    mouse*clicker*thats*only*duty*is*to*do*left*and*right*clicks.*Or*maybe*even*change*into*a*
    hand*that*can*grab*things*and*drag*it
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    I think you're confused about where the spacebar is, and isn't*******
    I didn't even notice that. I think I found a glitch with mousepad. I was sitting on my couch in front of my t.v. using the internet and controlling it through mousepad. Right now I'm just typing this up using just my touchpad browser.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    I personally would just be happy to have USB mouse support, even if it only worked under XServer. Surely that would just be a matter of building/loading the appropriate kernel modules, perhaps along with some minor tweaking to the udev config and the XServer app?

From what I hear, Bluetooth on the TouchPad is handled via a completely different stack to most GNU/Linux distros (ie. not Bluez) and is proprietary, but I imagine USB should be a whole different story and can't imagine it being too difficult for experienced programmers.
    I personally would just be happy to have USB mouse support, even if it only worked under XServer. Surely that would just be a matter of building/loading the appropriate kernel modules, perhaps along with some minor tweaking to the udev config and the XServer app?

From what I hear, Bluetooth on the TouchPad is handled via a completely different stack to most GNU/Linux distros (ie. not Bluez) and is proprietary, but I imagine USB should be a whole different story and can't imagine it being too difficult for experienced programmers.
    I am adding another $100 bounty to the person who get a BT Mouse working on the TouchPad.
    I've scoured the forums, from what I understand, there is code to support a bluetooth mouse in the Touchpad OS, but it's not complete.

And from what I understand it is possible to write a patch but no one is working on it.

I'm willing to pay money, cold hard cash, for someone to come up with a solution for the Touchpad, and/or the Pre 2/3.

I'm serious.

Respond to this thread and we'll talk.
    webOS can pair but cannot connect to my Targus BT mouse.

CyanogenMod7 a3.5 is able to connect the BT mouse and works very well. I bought splashtop from the amazon app store for $ 0.99 and the precision of using the mouse cursor is excellent.

I'm currently in Splashtop (in CM7) with a Targus BT mouse and HP touchpad BT keyboard posting to this thread via my laptop (Splashtop Streamer).

It's too bad I don't have this functionality with webOS/splashtop.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast