Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    If you're in the same area as your PC, you could pair the bluetooth mouse to the PC

(yes, I realize that doesn't help if you're accessing it from remote)
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I'll add $100 to the pot also. $300 total for some drivers.
    I spent way too much time trying to figure this out. Ultimately, I was unsuccessful. Though the splashtop suggestion gives me an idea. I wonder if I could do that for the ubuntuchroot, through something like vnc. Too bad splashtop doesn't have a streamer for linux, if they did then I could use my iphone as a touchpad mouse for the HP Touchpad.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I would love to have this too.
    The keyboard is nice, but having to touch the screen to move the pointer, is not.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    I spent way too much time trying to figure this out. Ultimately, I was unsuccessful. Though the splashtop suggestion gives me an idea. I wonder if I could do that for the ubuntuchroot, through something like vnc. Too bad splashtop doesn't have a streamer for linux, if they did then I could use my iphone as a touchpad mouse for the HP Touchpad.

I have a hunch once it fully goes open source, more bluetooth support will be worked on. Probably along with the native capability of printing to more wireless printers (not just hp ones)
    HP Wi-Fi Mobile Mouse review - PC Advisor

just needs linux drivers instead of winblows and at least that would help ubuntuchroot

just needs linux drivers instead of winblows and at least that would help ubuntuchroot
    Was able to get a logitech wifi mouse and keyboard to connect in the ubuntuchroot, keyboard worked mouse didn't. The wifi mouse driver was capturing mouse events
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post

NEEDS Linux-drivers? That mouse works out-of-the-box on Linux, so the drivers are probably already in the kernel.
    I, on occasion, use my HP bluetooth keyboard and a bluetooth mouse on CM9 - it makes editing documents etc a bit easier and faster. Works nicely in the various desktop-streaming programs as well (such as splashtop).

Outside of that, I usually just use touch - I just don't find much reason to have a mouse in most instances. It doesn't bother me too much that I can't use the mouse in webOS since CM9 is only 25 seconds away if I -really- need to use it .

Maybe as the open-source project moves forward you'll get your bluetooth mouse webOS support though - stranger things have happened.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    NEEDS Linux-drivers? That mouse works out-of-the-box on Linux, so the drivers are probably already in the kernel.
    hmm i read a load of posts from people on forums saying it didnt work on linux yet, being a wifi and not a regular or traditional wireless mouse.

might be worth more googling.
    Was able to get a logitech wifi mouse and keyboard to connect in the ubuntuchroot, keyboard worked mouse didn't. The wifi mouse driver was capturing mouse events
    which mouse/model was this? when i first checked i only saw models that required their dongle/unified reciever plugged into a pc/whatever, i only saw the HP one that worked directly over standard wifi, if logitech have 1 id prefer that as ive always liked their mice and could replace the 4 mx518's i have.
    which mouse/model was this? when i first checked i only saw models that required their dongle/unified reciever plugged into a pc/whatever, i only saw the HP one that worked directly over standard wifi, if logitech have 1 id prefer that as ive always liked their mice and could replace the 4 mx518's i have.

It was the logitech wifi mouse and keyboard app on my iPhone. Driver author claimed that it worked with the real thing. Would've purchased an actual logitech wifi mouse had it worked on the TP.

Edit: The driver worked with the iphone mouse in my intel machine. Keyboard worked on all machines I tried. The driver was receiving input from the mouse on the TP, but something is missing.
    i have a touchpad and a bluetooth mouse, and if someone can find the code i can finish it
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

It was the logitech wifi mouse and keyboard app on my iPhone. Driver author claimed that it worked with the real thing. Would've purchased an actual logitech wifi mouse had it worked on the TP.

Edit: The driver worked with the iphone mouse in my intel machine. Keyboard worked on all machines I tried. The driver was receiving input from the mouse on the TP, but something is missing.
    i cant actually see a logitech wifi mouse on their website at all unless im going a bit thick, i only see their wireless stuff that needs a unified reciever, which isnt a proper wifi mouse like HP's.
    App was the Logitech touch mouse. I assumed they had an actual WiFi mouse since they wrote drivers for the iphone app.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/494/6367

I assumed they would've developed the hardware, guess not.
    balls back in HP's court, kinda bad when i have a linux driven HP/palm product that i desperatly want their new wifi mouse solution for, but its windows only :|

boo, give it time maybe some genious linux guru can make something compatible, tho im probably gonna be waiting a long time for that, if not indefinatly/soon(tm).
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Any updates on this? This is something I would really like to see, seen as it would make document editing much easier. Mouse + Keyboard + Touchstone Dock makes the touchpad a full desktop, something extremely handy if compared to netbooks nowadays
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12