Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    So here are a few other things I have done:

sudo apt-get remove liboverlay-scrollbar*

(make sure to include the the *) It changes the scroll bars to something more usable.

And I added onboard as a startup applications. Also went into onboard's configuration and told it to start up minimized and clicked all the stuff to be integrated with the OS.

And I also did this:
    sudo indicator-datetime-preferences

to set the right time. Because the webos user doesn't have rights to do that.

That is all for now. Still messing with virtual keyboards. Wish I could find one that worked more like the webos keyboard (pop-up only when I need it), but had the keys I need. Florence kinda works, sometimes pops-up when I need it. But doesn't have quick access to the function keys like onboard does unless I use the expanded keyboard.
  2. pml
    Has anyone tried to get the 3d desktops working? I'm talking of the Ubuntu unity desktop (not unity-2d) or the gnome3 desktop gnome-shell (not the 2d fallback mode).

I heard, that gnome-shell comes with a gorgeous on-screen-keyboard...
    Important notes for those whom "webos" password doesn't work:

Launch a terminal under your linux install

Enter : sudo passwd root

And then tap your new password twice

It will be your new password for root uses from now on.
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Need help with keyboard!

Whenever I pressed the keyboard: d button, it will minimize everything and show the desktop. I can't type the character 'd' at all!
    Quote Originally Posted by iadefy View Post
    Need help with keyboard!

Whenever I pressed the keyboard: d button, it will minimize everything and show the desktop. I can't type the character 'd' at all!
    Go find the "Keyboard Shortcuts" in the preferences. Find the shortcut that is just a "d" and remove it. (Just know the scroll bar is a little tricky to use. You have to just put the mouse on it, then grab the top part of the scroller that showed up, and drag that down.)
    I tried using hand but it's not possible for me to grab the scroller, so I thought of connecting USB keyboard + mouse using the USB Hub + Y cable + MiniUSB OTG to USB, and bought all of them. Later to realize that not every MiniUSB to USB is OTG, and not able to get USB keyboard to work in Touchpad. Next week will go search for MiniUSB OTG cable, hope that I'm able to get one from local electronic store, but my main question is that there is no indication whether the cable is MiniUSB OTG or normal MiniUSB, so I would buy and trial. Currently, it costs me more to bought all the USB tools than to get a cheap BlueTooth Keyboard

Is Bluetooth keyboard and mouse work under Ubuntu and Android?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12