1.    #1  
    Hi all;

I am trying to set a quick app with the equivalent of a luna-send command. (The command works well from novaterm) and was wondering how to get this done. Is there a standard way to call these types of commands from a .jsjsjs $file$?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

EffBe
    What is it that you are trying to accomplish via luna-send? Isn't there an equivalent in the framework, that you can make use of in your JSJSJS?
  3.    #3  
    Using Luna-send i can manage my proxy settings with the following command:

luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.connectionmanager/configureNwProxies '{"action":"add","proxyInfo":{"proxyScope":"default","proxyServer":"intern
    et-proxy.mycompany.com","proxyPort":80}}'

I'm looking for a way to use this with an app; on a button handler for example

Cheers
    That's brilliant.

I'd try to setup a foundations call, look through the source code of a palm app for an example. You might actually need to be from a com.palm.app to make the call. You could probably patch the wifi preferences app.
  5.    #5  
    Yep; sounds like what I am trying to achieve... any suggestions where I can find a sample app; or the wifi preference app?
    Quote Originally Posted by EffBe View Post
    Yep; sounds like what I am trying to achieve... any suggestions where I can find a sample app; or the wifi preference app?
    try here:

Code:
    \usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.wifi\
    Just peeking at it, there are several connection manager calls in the app to follow.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    An example here as well:
    https://developer.palm.com/content/a...palm-call.html

Not sure if the call has to be from within a palm app.
    A lot of "luna-send" commands are prohibited to be called from apps outside the palm.com domain.
    You can try to set your appid to begin with palm.com or write a unjailed service to do the luna-send call.
    preware, govnah, dr.battery and so on are sample who do do that:
    WebOS-Internals.org
    EDIT: must be com.palm sorry
    Last edited by somline; 09/25/2011 at 06:18 AM.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    EffBe you might want to contact copystring he has a beta http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3170999 here. Sent you a PM.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Hi,

I've developed an app to change proxy server settings and would like to distribute it through the precentral feed on Preware. How would I go about that?
  11.    #11  
    Thanks all! I did get around to create a call to the com.palm connection manager; my app is now fully working! Anyone interrested in testing; let me know!

I'll try to find a way to put it in Preware...if someone feels like helping out... let me know!
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Thanks all! I did get around to create a call to the com.palm connection manager; my app is now fully working! Anyone interrested in testing; let me know!

I'll try to find a way to put it in Preware...if someone feels like helping out... let me know!
    Sure I would be happy to test another Proxy setting app. It would be nice if the settings were global (email, HP App Catalog etc) and not just for the web app.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  13.    #13  
    This version is only for the web app but I'm working on an ip_tables modifier that should handle all web requests (or at least any port 80/443 requests...)

@noseph; will send you the package in a provate message.