Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Since WebOS has no Chinese text entry, I would like to use Skype in Ubuntu for text only (voice would still work through WebOS). But apparently Skype works on x86 processors only and there is no ARM version? Is there any substitute, like a universal IM that can connect to Skype?
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I thought Empathy in Ubuntu gave skype chat support but I'm not entirely sure.
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Unfortunately no.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    can you load a Chinese v keyboard in ubuntu? What part of Taiwan are you in? I spent four months teaching english in Taipei.
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Yes, if you fix the dbus problems you can install language support and Chinese IME in Ubuntu. In webOS you can only use ChineseIME, ChangjieIME, or website solutions. All involve copy&paste and are thus quite a pain to use.

I have been here for over 20 years, most of that time in Taichung. Though I travel a lot, to China and Vietnam.