View Poll Results: What want you to have on login screen

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Secure connection switch

    4 33.33%
  • Autologin switch

    8 66.67%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 92
Like Tree13Likes
  1.    #1  
    synoFM is file manager app for synology NAS servers. For proper functionality you have File Station enabled in Control Panel of your Synology DSM.

    YOU ARE USING THIS APP ON YOUR ONW RISK, AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DATA LOSS

    For extracting zip files I recomeds command line UnZip application from preware. It can be run from SDL Terminal app

    Files are downloaded to synology folder.

    <<<< THREAD MOVED, PLEASE FOLLOW TO: synoFM - Synology File Manager for webOS >>>>


    .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by panel; 06/05/2012 at 09:12 AM. Reason: update
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
  2. spud101's Avatar
    Posts
    868 Posts
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    #2  
    Great, will check this out tonight (if it's in preware by then). Have you already looked into making your apps scale to the Touchpad screen size?

    And does this file manager app support multi file selection and/or directory selection to be downloaded?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Great, will check this out tonight (if it's in preware by then). Have you already looked into making your apps scale to the Touchpad screen size?

    And does this file manager app support multi file selection and/or directory selection to be downloaded?
    This is only pre alpha version, now it can download only one file or one directory as zip file automatically generated. I want to finish copy and move operations and after that I will release it to Preware. Maybe this week if I have enough time.

    I will set screen size to 100% on touchpad.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
    spud101 likes this.
  4.    #4  
    synoFM submited to preware www.precentral.net/synofm
    Last edited by panel; 09/27/2011 at 03:30 PM.
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
    spud101 likes this.
  5. #5  
    Your the man Panel!!! Thanks!
  6. spud101's Avatar
    Posts
    868 Posts
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    #6  
    Cool. First impression: Love the app! Browses pretty quick through the dirs!

    I was a bit too enthousiastic though that just making the app scale to full screen on a Touchpad would do the trick. We also need back buttons on that device E.g. I can't get out of preferences.

    Question: Where are downloads stored? My first download test did not show up in the downloads folder.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Cool. First impression: Love the app! Browses pretty quick through the dirs!

    I was a bit too enthousiastic though that just making the app scale to full screen on a Touchpad would do the trick. We also need back buttons on that device E.g. I can't get out of preferences.

    Question: Where are downloads stored? My first download test did not show up in the downloads folder.
    forgot back buttons sorry

    downloaded files storing to internal/synology folder, in the same home folder as downloads
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
  8.    #8  
    new update submitted to preware
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
  9. #9  
    Hey

    your Synology Apps are just awesome. Sadly connection fails when option Secure Connection is selected

    port 5002 is set as secured connection port

    SynoMusic also doesnt work with this settings

    when connecting in the Local Network both seems to run fine (with a unsecured connection)
  10. #10  
    Wouldn't it be great to let this app act as a Synergy Plugin. This would integrate it perfecty with Adobe Reader or QuickOffice for example.

    Than you could use it like the Dropbox or box.net Accounts from the Synergy Page.

    Perhaps integration with the photos app is also possible (via synofm or Photostation) like there is for facebook or snapfish?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by spongyhat View Post
    Hey

    your Synology Apps are just awesome. Sadly connection fails when option Secure Connection is selected

    port 5002 is set as secured connection port

    SynoMusic also doesnt work with this settings

    when connecting in the Local Network both seems to run fine (with a unsecured connection)
    Yes it's all about, that you can't connect to server with untrusted certificate.
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by spongyhat View Post
    Wouldn't it be great to let this app act as a Synergy Plugin. This would integrate it perfecty with Adobe Reader or QuickOffice for example.

    Than you could use it like the Dropbox or box.net Accounts from the Synergy Page.

    Perhaps integration with the photos app is also possible (via synofm or Photostation) like there is for facebook or snapfish?
    maybe in far future
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
  13.    #13  
    I have tried to implement upload function, but due to combination of bugs in webos download manager service and bug in file_upload.cgi binary on synology NAS server, this can't be done.

    There's posibillity adding new binary to serve upload from webos devices. Let me know if is this acceptable for you. No security vulnerability will be raised. But I have to find someone who can do this binary :|
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by panel View Post
    Yes it's all about, that you can't connect to server with untrusted certificate.
    Do you know how to get webOS to trust the certificate (is there a patch)? I love your app also, but from the internet, i have to use SSL.

    Thanks for you help, I really love your apps.
  15. #15  
    sorry, I found what i was looking for here:

    http://kb.hpwebos.com/wps/portal/kb2.../40069_en.html

    I will test, and hopefully that fixes my problem.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by n0pa View Post
    sorry, I found what i was looking for here:

    Palm Support : Installing self-signed and privately issued certificates

    I will test, and hopefully that fixes my problem.
    Hi,

    please let me know, because that not worked for me

    [EDIT]

    look here, it will not work:

    https://developer.palm.com/distribut...hp?f=11&t=8795

    but if you have any domain you can get free cert for private use on: http://www.startssl.com/
    Last edited by panel; 10/04/2011 at 09:55 AM.
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by panel View Post
    I have tried to implement upload function, but due to combination of bugs in webos download manager service and bug in file_upload.cgi binary on synology NAS server, this can't be done.

    There's posibillity adding new binary to serve upload from webos devices. Let me know if is this acceptable for you. No security vulnerability will be raised. But I have to find someone who can do this binary :|
    Id be interested in the possibility of uploading to my NAS. If its not too much work to create the binaries.
    Last edited by Stevesrjr86; 10/04/2011 at 01:48 PM.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    Id be interested in the possibility of uploading to my NAS. If its not too much work to create the binaries.
    There's another possibility upload it via web server. But if someone not using web server on synology, it's poinless to turning on this service only for uploading files.
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
  19.    #19  
    I have successfully configured startssl.com certificate on synology server and it's worikng now with my apps

    There are two apache servers to be configured to ssl certificate manually (not working only via DSM)

    /usr/syno/apache/conf/httpd.conf-sys
    /usr/syno/apache/conf/httpd.conf-user

    These lines are important (path to SSLCertificateChainFile have to be changed to your own):

    SSLCertificateChainFile /usr/local/apache/conf/sub.class1.server.ca.pem
    SSLCACertificateFile /usr/local/apache/conf/ca.pem
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by panel View Post
    I have successfully configured startssl.com certificate on synology server and it's worikng now with my apps

    There are two apache servers to be configured to ssl certificate manually (not working only via DSM)

    /usr/syno/apache/conf/httpd.conf-sys
    /usr/syno/apache/conf/httpd.conf-user

    These lines are important (path to SSLCertificateChainFile have to be changed to your own):

    SSLCertificateChainFile /usr/local/apache/conf/sub.class1.server.ca.pem
    SSLCACertificateFile /usr/local/apache/conf/ca.pem
    Yea, registering the self signed cert did not work, although it did get rid of the warning in the web browser. Too bad there is no patch for this, it's worth at least $20 just to trust the synology cert.

    I am not sure that I would want to change the certs as it would become a maintenance nightmare. I woudl be open to not using SSL if you could let me know the ports that are used by your application (just 5000/1 or do you use 7000/1 for FM). Also what ports are used for the other application (SynoDM, SynoMusic and SynoFM).

    BTW these application are the main reason i finally decided to move away from iOS. Thanks.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions