Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Secure connection switch

4 33.33%
  • Autologin switch

8 66.67%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    Are you trying to use a secure connection? That was my problem. WebOS will only connect over a secure connection if the certificate is signed by a trusted third party. It will not trust self signed certificates even if you tell it to.

I was able to get it to get it to work by turning off SSL on the Synology. Although this is not the best approach, it's the easiest. You can also look a page or two back and use a different SSL certificate with your server.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by dclement1 View Post
    Hello,

I have successfully installed SynoFM on my pre2, but whenever I try to connect to my Synology servers, I get "Connection to the server cannot be established - Connection not succed 2".

I wonder if my hardware is compatible: it's a pre2 with webOs 2.1 and Synology DS106j's with DSM 2.1 (the higher version supported on these).

Do I have a hardware incompatibility issue, or is there a setting that would save me?

Thanks in advance for any advice - Regards, Daniel.
    Hi,

this error will appear when application will receive some response, but no success or error. This is probably caused by incompatibility of DSM 2.x and 3.x

I have no possibility to test it, because I have no machine running on DSM 2.x

[EDIT]

As I see, there's no update to DSM 3.x for your HW. I can modify synoFM only if I can have some test access to machine with DSM 2.x
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
    Quote Originally Posted by panel View Post
    Hmm, I have no idea why it's happening to you. When you hold on folder/file name and select copy/move you will have open only "File Operations" browser (you can see only folders) and you have to open destination folder and then press copy / move button.
    Hi Panel,

Finally got my TP up and running again and took a few screenshots to show you what im seeing. If its just me who gets this then i might have a little tweak with my NAS and see if i can see anything which might be stopping it working.

There are three attachments. The one ending in 521 is the first in the sequence and shows me holding a press on a folder and doing a move to.

The second, 508, shows the 4 high level folders on my NAS where i can put the folder im moving.

The third, 546, shows that once i go inside the video folder (its the same for the others as well) i cannot select any more levels of subfolder. So everything just gets dumped in the root of video.

Many thanks

John
    Attached Images Attached Images
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimalMagic81 View Post
    Hi Panel,

Finally got my TP up and running again and took a few screenshots to show you what im seeing. If its just me who gets this then i might have a little tweak with my NAS and see if i can see anything which might be stopping it working.

There are three attachments. The one ending in 521 is the first in the sequence and shows me holding a press on a folder and doing a move to.

The second, 508, shows the 4 high level folders on my NAS where i can put the folder im moving.

The third, 546, shows that once i go inside the video folder (its the same for the others as well) i cannot select any more levels of subfolder. So everything just gets dumped in the root of video.

Many thanks

John
    And when you are normally browsing with synoFM, can you see subfolders ?

On the first screenshot I see that you have some other drive called "DiskStation", can you explain something about that ?

I can make for you special app package with all process logging and we can see, what's happening in background.
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
    Hi Panel,

Thanks for your speedy response! Yes when i browse normally through the folders i can go through multiple levels of subfolders with no issues.

The diskstation folder is just a standard share i setup. It has my Sabnzbd inside it.

I dont expect you to make a package just for me. Im happy with how it works now, i can move things to the roots of folders and watch them from my media boxes then once in a while ill jump on my laptop and move things into the correct folders.

I was just wondering if everyone else has the same issue, but it seems like they dont
  6.    #66  
    Hi Panel,

Thanks for your speedy response! Yes when i browse normally through the folders i can go through multiple levels of subfolders with no issues.

The diskstation folder is just a standard share i setup. It has my Sabnzbd inside it.

I dont expect you to make a package just for me. Im happy with how it works now, i can move things to the roots of folders and watch them from my media boxes then once in a while ill jump on my laptop and move things into the correct folders.

I was just wondering if everyone else has the same issue, but it seems like they dont
    I have no problem to help you

What version of Synology DSM do you have ?
    I have no problem to help you

What version of Synology DSM do you have ?
    Im on 3.1
  8.    #68  
    Hi,

new update in preware, at least only multiselect operations missing.

But I have to focus back to synoMusic for some time. And time is what I'm missing

@AnimalMagic81: I will try to make to make it functional, I have some idea.
    Hi,

new update in preware, at least only multiselect operations missing.

But I have to focus back to synoMusic for some time. And time is what I'm missing

@AnimalMagic81: I will try to make to make it functional, I have some idea.
    Cheers

Will update to latest version and confirm its still the same so no time is wasted.

Good luck on SynoMusic, yet another of my most used apps I do have some issues with that playing albums but im sure its just me (again) haha. When i navigate to an album and press play it only plays the first track and never moves on.

Im going to take a look at my NAS setup tonight and see if there is anything i can do from that side.
    When i navigate to an album and press play it only plays the first track and never moves on.
    I believe this was fixed in the latest version because I had the problem before and it's gone.

edit: unless it needs to load the next track automatically? man I haven't used it in a while i don't remember...
    Quote Originally Posted by neks View Post
    I believe this was fixed in the latest version because I had the problem before and it's gone.

edit: unless it needs to load the next track automatically? man I haven't used it in a while i don't remember...
    Yeah i assume its meant to play albums all the way through. It definately does it because twice ive managed to get it working although i dont know how i managed it so cant recreate it each time lol. Majority of the time it plays the first track and then just stops until i press the second track. A little risky when im in the bath lol.
  12.    #72  
    Yeah i assume its meant to play albums all the way through. It definately does it because twice ive managed to get it working although i dont know how i managed it so cant recreate it each time lol. Majority of the time it plays the first track and then just stops until i press the second track. A little risky when im in the bath lol.
    There's problem with audio object feedback in webos. My app will don't have any information, that track was ended. Sometimes it will play next song, sometimes not. I have to rebuild whole core of player and playlist. I have to check it myself too.
    Last edited by panel; 10/26/2011 at 08:42 AM. Reason: edit
    Sometimes it will play next song, sometimes not.
    That explains my problem exactly
    In reply to post #64: thanks Panel, sorry for the late reply (I got no notification...)

I just would like to add that the connection "almost" succeeds, as it is recorded in the Synology system log.

I'm still using these old Syno's as they are fanless and totally quiet. I'll keep a close eye on the next releases of Synofm.

Regards, Daniel
  15.    #75  
    @AnimalMagic81 thanks for your cooperation

bug fix update in preware
  16.    #76  
    Guys, I have positive response from synology.

I try to make Photo application

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

I try to make Photo application
    It woudl be awesome if you could make an expedition photo viewer (for both touchpad and phone). The would definitely deserve another donation.
  18.    #78  
    update in preware

- image/photo preview feature added
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by panel; 11/18/2011 at 10:23 AM.
    I think you just convinced me to get a Synology DS212+ instead of a Qnap TS-219P II.

You should point Synology to this thread to get some reward/support of Synology for getting new costumers.

Btw. i tested your 3 apps using the Synology Demo servers on DSM 3.2:

login information:
    server adress: demo.synology.com
    login name: admin
    password: synology
    panel likes this.
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    I think you just convinced me to get a Synology DS212+ instead of a Qnap TS-219P II.

You should point Synology to this thread to get some reward/support of Synology for getting new costumers.

Btw. i tested your 3 apps using the Synology Demo servers on DSM 3.2:

login information:
    server adress: demo.synology.com
    login name: admin
    password: synology
    And fourth app is on the way. I'm dissappointed, that I haven't little bit more time for my apps. I have a lot of ideas in my head

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast