• Secure connection switch

4 33.33%
  • Autologin switch

8 66.67%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    How do I do that? I don't seem to be able to do that? Either nothing happens (long touch) or it enters the directory (short touch).

And I was wondering whether it is your intention that the "donwload is finished" notification sticks in the dashboard, while the "download" started notification, only notifies and that dissapears. I personally would prefer the "download finished" notification to auto-dissapear as well.
    When you hold on folder it will not give you menu ?

And other notifications, you don't want in the dashboard too ?
    Last edited by panel; 10/13/2011 at 02:36 PM. Reason: edit
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I can't check now, away from my touchpad, but in my memory holding on a folder did not show anything? Or it only said compression and I didn't figure that also meant downloading.

I like notifications as implemented in internalz. But don't let me force you to change it. I'll first check how you implemented progress feedback.
  3.    #43  
    I can't check now, away from my touchpad, but in my memory holding on a folder did not show anything? Or it only said compression and I didn't figure that also meant downloading.

I like notifications as implemented in internalz. But don't let me force you to change it. I'll first check how you implemented progress feedback.
    When I hold finger on folder it will displays me menu, same on my Pre2 and first item is "Download" as you can see on attached screenshot. This option will compress folder on synology and after compress finish will automatically start download file. And after successful download will delete temporary file on nas.

I will make possibility to turn dashboard notifications off (but you will not see tasklist).

btw. UPDATE IN PREWARE
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
  4.    #44  
    @spud101: update 2.0.2 for you
    spud101 likes this.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    You're the best! Thanks a lot!!

I tested and indeed now it shows pop-up with first option download on a folder now. I still think it didn't do that in a previous version, at least on my touchpad.

Any idea when you might consider to submit to app catalog? If it is still months away I'm considering donating.
  6.    #46  
    You're the best! Thanks a lot!!

I tested and indeed now it shows pop-up with first option download on a folder now. I still think it didn't do that in a previous version, at least on my touchpad.

Any idea when you might consider to submit to app catalog? If it is still months away I'm considering donating.
    I don't know if this will be possible, because of undocumented synology API. These apps are only my research on Synology DSM.
    spud101: did you manage to successfully download a folder? because I didn't :/ is there any requirement in order to be able to unzip a package on the TouchPad? is it integrated to this app?
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by neks View Post
    spud101: did you manage to successfully download a folder? because I didn't :/ is there any requirement in order to be able to unzip a package on the TouchPad? is it integrated to this app?
    As is mentioned in first post unzip is now possible only with command line UnZip application from preware. It can be run from any terminal application (SDL Terminal, etc.).

I'm doing some research about unzipping from synoFM application.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I haven't actually tried downloading yet. just checked whether the option is there. i will soon.

There is an unzip app in the Catalog: Tractor.
    And Internalz Pro will supposedly have unzip support.
    Quote Originally Posted by panel View Post
    As is mentioned in first post unzip is now possible only with command line UnZip application from preware. It can be run from any terminal application (SDL Terminal, etc.).

I'm doing some research about unzipping from synoFM application.
    Hi panel, no worries. I saw the Unzip app on preware the other day. I wasn't sure how to use it as I thought it would create a zip file type association but it didn't. I'll look more into it tonight if I get a chance.

I haven't actually tried downloading yet. just checked whether the option is there. i will soon.

There is an unzip app in the Catalog: Tractor.
    And Internalz Pro will supposedly have unzip support.
    Yea I saw that Internalz will support zip and rar extensions in the next update. I might as well just wait for it. But can I?

On the other hand I never heard that Tractor app, I'll probably take look at it, thanks for the tip.
    Really enjoying this app, thanks Panel.

One suggestion i do have that would be nice, unless its already there and im doing something wrong, is to be able to copy to subfolders. At the moment if i copy a file from my synology/complete folder and want to put it in video/tv/show/season etc i can only navigate as far as the video folder. Is this the same for everyone?

John
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    When I hold finger on folder it will displays me menu, same on my Pre2 and first item is "Download" as you can see on attached screenshot. This option will compress folder on synology and after compress finish will automatically start download file. And after successful download will delete temporary file on nas.
    Actually I have to confirm with neks. I now tried downloading a folder and all it did was creating the temp zip file. But it stayed on the NAS and didn't download.
    I managed to unzip a package using the Unzip app from preware in command line.

I tried to download a big folder (several Gbs) and it never downloaded it. the temp zip is still sitting on my Nas however.

Maybe the download operation times out if the creation of the zip takes too long?

If I create the zip file from synoFM then download it manually, obviously it works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalMagic81 View Post
    Is this the same for everyone?
    I'm not sure, I would have to check tonight
  14.    #54  
    I managed to unzip a package using the Unzip app from preware in command line.

I tried to download a big folder (several Gbs) and it never downloaded it. the temp zip is still sitting on my Nas however.

Maybe the download operation times out if the creation of the zip takes too long?

If I create the zip file from synoFM then download it manually, obviously it works fine.

I'm not sure, I would have to check tonight
    It will be that problem: download operation times out if the creation of the zip takes too long ...

When you try it with smaller folder ?
  15.    #55  
    Really enjoying this app, thanks Panel.

One suggestion i do have that would be nice, unless its already there and im doing something wrong, is to be able to copy to subfolders. At the moment if i copy a file from my synology/complete folder and want to put it in video/tv/show/season etc i can only navigate as far as the video folder. Is this the same for everyone?

John
    Hmm, I have no idea why it's happening to you. When you hold on folder/file name and select copy/move you will have open only "File Operations" browser (you can see only folders) and you have to open destination folder and then press copy / move button.
    Hmm, I have no idea why it's happening to you. When you hold on folder/file name and select copy/move you will have open only "File Operations" browser (you can see only folders) and you have to open destination folder and then press copy / move button.
    When i hold down on a file and press move (overwrite) it gives me 4 options where i can move the file too.

I get (based on the settings/shares on my NAS)

Synology
    Music
    Video
    Pictures

If i want to move the file into a subfolder of "Video" i press the video option but it shows as having no subfolders. So i can only move anything into the root of the shares.

I will try tonight and see if it makes any difference copying a file from the same share (ie already in Video into another folder in Video)
  17.    #57  
    When i hold down on a file and press move (overwrite) it gives me 4 options where i can move the file too.

I get (based on the settings/shares on my NAS)

Synology
    Music
    Video
    Pictures

If i want to move the file into a subfolder of "Video" i press the video option but it shows as having no subfolders. So i can only move anything into the root of the shares.

I will try tonight and see if it makes any difference copying a file from the same share (ie already in Video into another folder in Video)

Oh, I forgot ask you if your account have permissions to your shared folders.
    Last edited by panel; 10/19/2011 at 10:31 AM.
    Oh, I forgot ask you if your account have permissions to your shared folders.
    Yes it does. I only have one account that i connect with and its the admin user. i use the same connection from my laptop and i can view/amend everything.

3.0.4 update appears to have corrupted my TP whilst ive been at work today Currently going through WebOS doctor now to try and bring it back to life! Will try and post some screenshots of what i get if/when my TP is alive again.

John
    It will be that problem: download operation times out if the creation of the zip takes too long ...

When you try it with smaller folder ?
    I was successful at download a 387.2MB folder containing 33 files. The compression took a while but the download eventually started.

However, a 1.5GB (105 files) never downloaded but the zip file is on the NAS.

When you create a zip from DSM, you get a notification showing that it is processing even there is no progress bar. Is it possible to have something similar on synoFM?

Because what can happen is that because there is no feedback, synoFM is closed when the zip is ready, therefore it's not downloaded. If we have feedback we can keep it open and wait til it's ready. Maybe it's the problem and it actually doesn't time out.
    Hello,

I have successfully installed SynoFM on my pre2, but whenever I try to connect to my Synology servers, I get "Connection to the server cannot be established - Connection not succed 2".

I wonder if my hardware is compatible: it's a pre2 with webOs 2.1 and Synology DS106j's with DSM 2.1 (the higher version supported on these).

Do I have a hardware incompatibility issue, or is there a setting that would save me?

Thanks in advance for any advice - Regards, Daniel.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast