View Poll Results: What want you to have on login screen

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Secure connection switch

    4 33.33%
  • Autologin switch

    8 66.67%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 92
Like Tree13Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by n0pa View Post
    Yea, registering the self signed cert did not work, although it did get rid of the warning in the web browser. Too bad there is no patch for this, it's worth at least $20 just to trust the synology cert.

    I am not sure that I would want to change the certs as it would become a maintenance nightmare. I woudl be open to not using SSL if you could let me know the ports that are used by your application (just 5000/1 or do you use 7000/1 for FM). Also what ports are used for the other application (SynoDM, SynoMusic and SynoFM).

    BTW these application are the main reason i finally decided to move away from iOS. Thanks.
    Thanks. Basic startssl.com certificate (Class 1 - oly for one subdomain) is free. This is very nice.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
  2. #22  
    True it is free, but it expires in 1 year. So every year I have to go back and get a new one. I would rather try to avoid that. Also, I don't have a domain registered, I use Dynamic DNS (actually no-ip.com) so free certs can't be used. Thanks.
  3. #23  
    Thanks for the help. I opened up port 5000 and now everything works. I see the SSL issue as a webOS issue (among all the other issues). Personally I believe they should fix it, but i guess they have other priorities these days.

    Thanks again. Now where was that donate button?
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by n0pa View Post
    Thanks for the help. I opened up port 5000 and now everything works. I see the SSL issue as a webOS issue (among all the other issues). Personally I believe they should fix it, but i guess they have other priorities these days.

    Thanks again. Now where was that donate button?
    Thank you for donation.

    I guess untrusted certificate issue it's not a bug. I think same way "works" android app :|
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
  5.    #25  
    I have solved "upload issue" with external php script, with no security risc. But you need some web page, where you copy webupload script.

    All credentials are encrypted with AES 256bit encryption.

    I have to fine tune uploading notifications and tomorrow will submit app update with installation manual (copy files via ftp and configure urls
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by panel View Post
    Thank you for donation.

    I guess untrusted certificate issue it's not a bug. I think same way "works" android app :|
    I know iOS apps will work over SSL even if the cert is not trusted. I don't think the bug is in the way it works, but webOS should allow me to grant trust to a certificate even if it doesn't originate from a trusted CA (that's where the bug is, or in the fact that the browser now trusts the cert but not the system). However that is for a different thread.

    Thanks again, I really enjoy the programs you are writing.
  7.    #27  
    update 0.1.8 in preware

    webupload script and installation manual is in attachment of first post

    I have started very positive communication with Synology. They have forwarded my problems to their developers. If they make new binnaries or fix old, we can do upload script direct from device. And some my issues will be solved
    Last edited by panel; 10/10/2011 at 06:18 AM.
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
    spud101 likes this.
  8. #28  
    Is it possible to add a file renaming option? I had to do a few yesterday and I had to download via FileManager then rename via Internalz

    Thanks for your work panel
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by neks View Post
    Is it possible to add a file renaming option? I had to do a few yesterday and I had to download via FileManager then rename via Internalz

    Thanks for your work panel
    Hi, yesterday I was needed it too

    Yes, I will make this, but only server-side renaming.
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
  10.    #30  
    0.2.0 update submited
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
  11. #31  
    Is there anyway to view the status of a file that is downloading? I like to pull large PDF's off my Synology at home, however they take a while to download.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by n0pa View Post
    Is there anyway to view the status of a file that is downloading? I like to pull large PDF's off my Synology at home, however they take a while to download.
    I'm actually doing on it now It will be in next update.
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
    spud101 likes this.
  13. spud101's Avatar
    Posts
    868 Posts
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    #33  
    I really love this app!!!

    I hope and assume that you are considering following functionality in a future version:
    - Select location on the webOS device where to download a selected file to, or at least have a configurable download folder.
    - Multi-select: Select multiple files and have them download (one after the other)
    - Folder download. Select a folder to download that including all its contents. That's what I would be using a lot: downloading music albums, which I have sorted in folders.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    I really love this app!!!

    I hope and assume that you are considering following functionality in a future version:
    - Select location on the webOS device where to download a selected file to, or at least have a configurable download folder.
    - Multi-select: Select multiple files and have them download (one after the other)
    - Folder download. Select a folder to download that including all its contents. That's what I would be using a lot: downloading music albums, which I have sorted in folders.
    You can now download whole folder. It will make temporary zip file and download it to your phone.

    Other functionality will be added
    Last edited by panel; 10/12/2011 at 03:40 PM.
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
  15. #35  
    hey,

    just updated to webOS 3.0.3 and connecting with a self signed ssl certificates workes in the web browser without any problems. (with webos 3.0.2 the browser asked very, very often (seemed not so save the certificates)) but now i have an option to always trust the specified site which works.

    sadly it still not works with synofm, is there any change to see this problem adressed? i think most of the synology user's will not open their diskstations without encryption
  16. spud101's Avatar
    Posts
    868 Posts
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by panel View Post
    You can now download whole folder. It will make temporary zip file and download it to your phone.
    How do I do that? I don't seem to be able to do that? Either nothing happens (long touch) or it enters the directory (short touch).

    And I was wondering whether it is your intention that the "donwload is finished" notification sticks in the dashboard, while the "download" started notification, only notifies and that dissapears. I personally would prefer the "download finished" notification to auto-dissapear as well.
  17. #37  
    I tried to download a folder last night so I select the folder and choose 'Download'
    The contextual menu never disappeared and the 'Download' option stayed greyed/active
    The folder never made it to the Touchpad. I didn't try again after that but I thought I'd come here and ask about it.

    So I also made a zip and downloaded it. Only to find out that there is no way to unzip once it's on the TouchPad at least not that I ever found.

    I ended up creating the folder myself and moving all the files one by one lol
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by spongyhat View Post
    hey,

    just updated to webOS 3.0.3 and connecting with a self signed ssl certificates workes in the web browser without any problems. (with webos 3.0.2 the browser asked very, very often (seemed not so save the certificates)) but now i have an option to always trust the specified site which works.

    sadly it still not works with synofm, is there any change to see this problem adressed? i think most of the synology user's will not open their diskstations without encryption
    I don't know if they will fix this I think it's problem of prototypejs.org (core library of webOS)

    You have only to do as I, startssl.com certificate. I'm now satisfied.
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by neks View Post
    I tried to download a folder last night so I select the folder and choose 'Download'
    The contextual menu never disappeared and the 'Download' option stayed greyed/active
    The folder never made it to the Touchpad. I didn't try again after that but I thought I'd come here and ask about it.

    So I also made a zip and downloaded it. Only to find out that there is no way to unzip once it's on the TouchPad at least not that I ever found.

    I ended up creating the folder myself and moving all the files one by one lol
    hmm, maybe there's bug. I'm now testing new version on TP emulator and it's working. I will today submit update. I have done download progress bar.
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
  20.    #40  
    please vote on poll (top of this thread), thanks
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions