1.    #1  
    been messing with some rubbish basicer than basic web stuff to launch some swf files, games or w/e on my PSP/some other random mobile stuff and IE on the pc, i have a crappy launcher that works for these tho they have their own file requesters popup which kinda helps bigtime.

ofc it seems that for webOS you need a filepicker as a "default" os controlled filepicker doesnt appear when clicking a file submit kind of button on webpages, im wondering if simply using ENYO would work to throw in a filepicker on my rubbish swf launcher or would there need to be some heavy/drastic changes making it into an app rather than simple framed html affair?

atm i have a 2 frame setup, bottom = file picker and a LAUNCH it button which throws the swf into the top frame (works fine on PC/IE: and PSP + more, and yeah its proper rubbish/tiny).

atm i have 3 files

INDEX.HTM
    Code:
    <html>
    <frameset rows="*,38" FRAMEBORDER=NO FRAMESPACING=0 BORDER=0>
    <frame noresize="noresize" src="content.htm" name="content" />
    <frame noresize="noresize" src="selections.htm" name="selections" />
    </frameset>
    </html>
    CONTENT.HTM - blank black page basically
    Code:
    <html>
    <body bgcolor="#000000">
    </body>
    </html>
    SELECTIONS.HTM
    Code:
    <html>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    function myfileupdate(x)
    {
    sel_file="file:"+document.getElementById(x).value
    }
    </script>
    <body bgcolor="#000000">
    	<input type="file" id="sfilename" size="100" onChange="myfileupdate(this.id);">
    	<input class="button space" type="button" size="50" value="Launch File" onclick="window.open(sel_file,'content');" />
    </body>
    </html>
    all i need is a way to pick a local .swf file in a fast easy manner basically, incase redirecting the swf to the top frame directly doesnt work i also (somewhere) have a diff content.htm that takes url?swfname.swf and embeds it into the blank page (which seemed a waste as i still coldnt get a filerequester up the easy way).

if it ends up a massive pain in the rear to alter just to get a filerequester popup then so be it, if theres an easy fix id love to see any clever boffins fix the above mess, would be far better than adding in all my SWF's manually as buttons.

cheers.
  2.    #2  
    been rattling my brains and google for a quick and nasty/easy alternative without having to enyo up something, i dunno why, i can code fine enough, but using html/css just drives me crazy esp when trying to jam what feels liek an utterly alien scripting language into html.

honestly dunno how u lot do it tbh, been following a lot of guides on jscript/html/css and the basics r fine enough, then the step up and i feel my brain starting to slowly ooze out of my ears tbh i get angry with myself that i can manage c/lua/various other non web environments, yet struggle with the whole web side of things.
    Have you had any luck with this? I was just thinking about the need for a SWF loading solution for the Touchpad to allow for easy access to SWF games without having to create custom HTML files for each one. With one nice JavaScript/HTML file wrapped in an IPK that is capable of dynamically listing SWF files in a folder and then passing a selected file name to a dynamic SWF-displaying HTML file (a la Machinarium: full-screen, etc.), you could just dump all your SWF files in one folder and load them easily with one icon. I know this sort of functionality is possible with JavaScript, generally speaking, but is it viable given any limitations within the Touchpad's browser? Anyone more fluent in JSJSJS $care$ $to$ $give$ $it$ $a$ $shot$, $if$ $so$?
    I made a basic swf viewer for the Machinarium game. I even made a fair bit of code to display swf files. However, the system limitations didn't allow me to make as smooth an experience as I'd like.

For instance, you cannot embed swf files in the app itself. You have to use an external local html file contained within a WebView. And even then, the user needs to double-tap on the flash element.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Even so, would it not be possible to dynamically pass a SWF filename to your viewer from a JavaScript-produced list of SWF files within a folder? I'm not looking for embedding within an app, but rather a means of more elegantly (and dynamically) loading SWF files I drop in a folder on my Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by a_gt View Post
    Even so, would it not be possible to dynamically pass a SWF filename to your viewer from a JavaScript-produced list of SWF files within a folder? I'm not looking for embedding within an app, but rather a means of more elegantly (and dynamically) loading SWF files I drop in a folder on my Touchpad.
    The only way to load swf files is via a WebView. Thus you must either make an SWF launcher app that uses a webview or open up a local html file with the swf file embedded, in the Browser (assuming you have the patch that allows that installed).

To dynamically read file contents, you'd need a Node.jsjsjs $service$. $And$ $to$ $keep$ $things$ $dynamic$, $you$'$ll$ $need$ $to$ $dynamically$ $create$ $the$ $html$ $files$ $that$ $embed$ $the$ $swf$ $files$, $for$ $use$ $in$ $the$ $app$'$s$ $WebView$. $It$'$s$ $all$ $straightforward$ $stuff$, $but$ $requires$ $a$ $fair$ $bit$ $of$ $time$ $to$ $do$.

And as mentioned before, there's still the issue of users having to double-tap the flash element to focus on it before they can do any drag motions.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Thanks for the clarification, my understanding of Touchpad-specific coding is practically non-existent. I kind of assumed the dynamic creation of a custom HTML file by a parent script would be necessary, but I hadn't any idea of how that could be executed within Touchpad-specific constraints. The necessary double-tap focus issue isn't a big deal to me, but I'm getting the feeling from what you've said that producing a script that runs on my PC to create a custom loader HTML (entirely static) would be easier, even if I have to run it every time I copy over more SWF games. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Hey guys, I just submitted an app that does what you're looking for to te HP APp Catalog. It should be available in the next couple of days. Here's a screen shot below. In the next release I will be adding video, sms, document launchers. I was asking for testers last week, its too bad you did not see the post.

Last edited by twack; 10/17/2011 at 02:37 AM.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Shortcut Launcher is now available in the catalog. The announcement thread is here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3214184