1.    #1  
    Audiophile has come a long way. With this new version, we bring some really cool new features. Here is a list of all features.
    For a "limited time". Price dropped to $1.99.

Look for it in the APP-CAT soon.
    I hope I listed all the new features. Epik added so many to this version. I know I missed a few.

Audiophile is a music app for music lovers and people who have files that won't play on the stock player.

Indexer:
    Fast Scrolling to the right of the index list
    Search, Album, Artist, Genre, Title and Folder.
    You can search by opening the "Search" list and just start typing and you music will start a list by what you type.
    Audiophile lets you play from a verity of song formats. (music types: ra, 3gp, aac, als, m4a, mp1, mp2, mp3, mpg, ogg, ors, ram, wav, wma, FLAC, flac).

Play All, Repeat, shuffle and Normal Play.
    Fade and Speed controls at your finger tips.
    Spin the record to advance or rewind the song or just tap on the progress bar.
    Volume, Bass and Treble controls plus Pause, Play, next and priviest song controls at your finger tips.

6 Band EQ for the song that need to be tweaked out or to have the songs sound just the way you like them to sound.

Playlist view. Tap on the Playlist icon will bring up a sub menu. There you can;
    Clear Playlist And add to Playlist.

Audiophile now supports absolute path playlists and relative path playlists.
    In the Playlist sub menu, you will find an "Internet" button.
    Click on it will bring up a new pane.
    From there you can type in an internet address and stream the music from the net. You can play from your very own Playlist you have made.
    Supported Playlist are; XML and M3U.

Options menu:
    Sign-In to Last.fm. Now you can do your scrubbing from Last.fm
    Change Background Color, Use Touchpad’s Wallpaper, and change/pick Music Folder.
    Headphone Pause when removed- On or Off.
    Headphone when plugged in pause- On or Off.
    Keep Album Order- On or Off.
    Restore Audiophile Defaults.

Favorite’s option.
    With this feature you can pick an Album, Artist, Genre or Songs as your Favorites. You will be able to see a list of your Favorites at any time with one click of a button. Use it as your very own Favorite Playlist.

In the upper left hand corner, you will see a question mark after your song starts to play.
    From this menu, you can go to the song that is being played Album or Genre list.
    Also in the menu, you will find the YouTube Background Player. Tap on "YouTube It" will search for the Artist name and list YouTube video's related to the search term.
    You can hide part of the Player and un-mute the sound of the Video. It will loop until you close the YouTube Player within the menu.

DJ Mode:
    This is a nice and fun feature to play around with. You can Cue up the next song, Fade the volume for each song being played and control the speed for each player. Each Player has it own Playlist to choose from. Plus, all the controls from the regular player are at your finger tips.

This is just a donate version for Audiophile regular with a faster update schedule and more features.

Please try AudiophileHD to make sure the indexer works successfully with your collection.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

2.    #2  

Stream music files from your public Dropbox folder to AudiophileProHD Music Player.
    Version 0.1.2 ONLY

Installation is a two-step process.
    You must edit a .vbs file, and set up your Dropbox public folder.

INSTALLATION DIFFICULTY: Moderately Easy

YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING:
    1. Simple text editing program (Notepad++ recommended)
    2. A Dropbox account
    3. Your public Dropbox number. This can be found by right-clicking on
    any file that currently exists in your Dropbox public folder, and selecting 'Copy Public Link' from the 'Dropbox' menu and paste
    it to a text file.

http://Audiophile_Playlister.zip

4. Open the 'Audiophile_Playlister.zip' folder, and you will see a file 'playlister.vbs'. Open this file in your favorite text editor.
    5. Change the number in line 3 with your unique dropbox number.
    6. Copy any music you want (must be(mp3, flac,"FLAC", wma, aac, or wav's) into a new folder. Name the new folder anything you wish.
    7. Drag the entire folder (NOT it's contents!) over the playlister.vbs file a. This script will create your playlist.
    8. Copy the entire contents of ''Audiophile_Playlister.zip'' to the Dropbox public folder.

Done!

You are now ready to listen to your Dropbox playlist on your TouchPad!

Open Dropbox Public folder..

Open the zip folder and copy the two files to your DropBox Public folder..

Create a new folder and name it anything you wish.

Put your music in your new folder you just made.

Drag your new music folder over "Audiophile_Playlister.vbs" file and drop it.
    A new file will be created for you (audiophile.xml). This is your Playlist.

Open 'playlister.vbs'. with your favorite text editor. Change the number in line 3 with your unique dropbox number.

You can have more then one music folder but only one Playlist.xml file.
    (If you know how to edit a VBS file, then you can set it up to work with as many playlists as you wish).

Now start Audiophile and tap on "Playlist" to the right of the player.
    Tap on "internet" and enter your DroBox playlist url. See screencapture 2 in 1st post.
    You can get this by right clicking on the playlist.xml file in your public folder
    and paste it to a text file.

tap the check mark and close. hit the play button and your streaming music for DropBox.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by warlord9159; 09/23/2011 at 04:50 PM.

Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    this is one of two apps I found awesome enough to spend real monies on
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    I'm so buying it when I get my touchpad back ;(

I don't expect algoriddim djay (well that would be a nice surprise) but is it possible to have a quick video of the mixing ability? I'd make one for sure but I'm waiting on my touchpad to be back from repair (did I tell you that already?)

How is the bpm engine? from id3 tags, file analyze or tap-based?
    Neks:

BPM engine is done on the fly (hence you can BPM streaming content too). It works by putting a portion of each sample buffer through a 256 bin FFT, and detects whenever any of the lower bins (up to about 2000hz) deviates by more than one standard deviation from its average (which is a window of about 2 seconds). It then counts that as a beat. It keeps a 20 second history of number of beats and uses that to extrapolate the actual beats per minute. It takes 20 seconds to get up to speed, and can be thrown off by noisy song, but its pretty good. I calibrated it to Queen's Another One Bites the Dust so that the average BPM was in the range of 90-110 for most of the song (the actual BPM for the song is 100 beats per minute).

At some point I plan to read the id3 tag, and to give the user the option to write the estimated BPM to the id3 tag, but that is a ways away, and don't get Audiophile expecting that feature.
    [noob question] Is there a way to differentiate audio from the speakers and audio from the headphone jack?

I'm thinking no but without anything to really back it up except that no tablet can do that IIRC
    Last edited by neks; 09/21/2011 at 01:46 PM.
    Neks:

Not that I have seen.
  8.    #8  
    See post 2

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I just downloaded the latest update to the Pro version and so far see the following problems

(a) The built in indexer is not recognizing embedded album art - the webOS indexer option does it just fine
    (b) There does not seem to be any way to turn off the oscilloscope anymore
    (c) Use background does not seem to be working
    (d) Change of indexer does not take effect right away - It displays the option on the next start again.
    (e) The box on the top left does not show any album art - It has never done that - is it supposed to ?

Are these known issues - or am I missing something ?

Also - there is no way to *play* from last.fm - right ?

Excellent app BTW
  10.    #10  
    (a) The built in indexer is not recognizing embedded album art - the webOS indexer option does it just fine
    (e) The box on the top left does not show any album art - It has never done that - is it supposed to ?

With this version, Album art is not working.

(b) There does not seem to be any way to turn off the oscilloscope anymore

tap the right corner of the oscilloscope

Is there any way to make your favorites a selectable playlist?
    I think the pitch slider need the following improvement:
    instead of slider, make each slider 2 buttons [+] and [-] so that the pitch adjustment can be more accurate. The best would 2 sets of 2 buttons, one set for 1% increment/decrement, the other for 0.1% +/-

The slider, although it looks like nice and reminds of actual players is not really practical in an app. Also I know this is has no pretention of being a real djing app but this was driving some crazy...