1.    #1  
    Is it possible to get mouse support under UbuntuChroot on the TP?

I paired a bluetooth mouse. Pair was successful but device did not ultimately connect to the TP.

I made a mouse device node /dev/input/mouse

I connected a wifi mouse and keyboard (keyboard worked) (logitech touchmouse iphone app)

I created an Xorg.conf file with mouse support and placed it in /etc/

None of these attempts were successful, alone or in combination.

I am more of a tinkerer and am way outside my knowledge level (though all these attempts were illuminating in their own way).

So I am curious, is mouse support on the TP possible?

Does mouse support need to be added back in to the kernel?

I've tried scouring this forum, ubuntu/debian/arch forums, and AndroLinux forums for information and have as yet been unsuccessful at finding an answer.

Thanks!
    Have you tried plugging a mouse directly into the usb port to the Touchpad is in host mode?
  3.    #3  
    I have not. I lack the required USB cables. Has anyone made this work? Even if the evidence is just from some shady YouTube video, I will make the purchase.

Both the Bluetooth and wifi mice connected, but (and I'm not positive it works this way) udev never created a node. I am not sure about the missing step. The Bluetooth mouse paired with webos. The WiFi mouse connected to a daemon running within the ubuntuchroot, still no luck.
    for now try the Synergy program for PC and allow ubuntu to share the keyboard/mouse.

for pc install Download - Synergy
    aquire the 1.4.4 beta or earlier, only diff is the setup/prefs for server.

for ubuntu try

sudo apt-get install synergy

to install then to launch just type

synergyc <ip address>

ie: synergyc 192.168.0.1

setup the server on the pc side so when your mouse goes to the far left or right of your display the mouse pointer control will jump to the other machine under control of the servers mouse/keyboard (touchpad/ubuntu) and will return when moved back.

for the moment this is my only found way to use a real mouse.
    I think this would be a great idea if it can run. I could have swore I saw a video that had mouse capability. I definitely know a keyboard works. I am wondering if the mouse would work through host mode like the person said above. I now see what that synergy stuff was for in that coding you posted on the How to get Ubuntu on the HP Touchpad forum Geekpeter. I am thinking about giving that a go since I jump back and forth on my Desktop at home. Thank you for the tip.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBuchanan8829 View Post
    I think this would be a great idea if it can run. I could have swore I saw a video that had mouse capability. I definitely know a keyboard works. I am wondering if the mouse would work through host mode like the person said above. I now see what that synergy stuff was for in that coding you posted on the How to get Ubuntu on the HP Touchpad forum Geekpeter. I am thinking about giving that a go since I jump back and forth on my Desktop at home. Thank you for the tip.
    HP actually have a real WIFI mouse, not bluetooth or usb/dongle/wireless but wifi like your router/phone/touchpad, unfortunatly they only have a windows driver, if there was a linux one wed be in luck
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    HP actually have a real WIFI mouse, not bluetooth or usb/dongle/wireless but wifi like your router/phone/touchpad, unfortunatly they only have a windows driver, if there was a linux one wed be in luck
    That really is a shame that they didn't utilize it as much as they could have before they decided to dump the project altogether. It is cool that they are giving control to us as a community with the open webos stuff but now if there isn't someone that knows how that stuff works, people like me for sure are out of luck unless we look into ourselves. I would love to see what it takes to get a mouse working legitimately for this machine. It absolutely intrigues me. But, as you said, they only have those mice in wifi just like our touchpads and other HP gear.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<