Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Hello,

I followed all the steps noted in the HP developer site. I updated all Java both 32 bit & 64 bit (I am running Windows 7 64-bit). I installed Virtual Box 4.0.12. I installed the SDK & PDK. When I try to run the webOS emulator, the cmd screen comes on for about a second and closes.

I have tried everything and still cannot get this to work at all. I did try opening virtualbox before opening the emulator but still no dice.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mkarias1 View Post
    Hello,

I followed all the steps noted in the HP developer site. I updated all Java both 32 bit & 64 bit (I am running Windows 7 64-bit). I installed Virtual Box 4.0.12. I installed the SDK & PDK. When I try to run the webOS emulator, the cmd screen comes on for about a second and closes.

I have tried everything and still cannot get this to work at all. I did try opening virtualbox before opening the emulator but still no dice.

Any ideas?
    Make sure that your SYSTEM environment variable PATH has the directory of your JRE/JDK within and pointing to the right place. Mine looks like (dots being all the ones in front of it):
    .....DLLShared\;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\

And make sure that if your running 64 bit it is not installed into the Program File (x86) directory. If it is uninstall and reinstall the 64 bit java.

Both of the above must be set for the emulator to load.

Good luck.
    And also try running as administrator.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Strange as I installed everything on my laptop which also has Windows 7 64bit and it works fine.

The only difference is that my desktop has two accounts: admin and standard. I did everything under standard including running as admin. I even logged off and tried running the emulator under the Administrator account but still nothing.

Guess I will just use my laptop. Thanks all.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk