webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developers >  webOS Development > TigerVNC on Touchpad
TigerVNC on Touchpad
Like Tree9Likes

Old 01/08/2012, 07:00 AM   #141 (permalink)

TigerVNC works well, though the new rebuild-ma.sh script needs a slight modification. Rebuild-ma.sh looks for a file called 'xecutah.sh' in a webos-internals app top level directory. Xterm has this file, the chroots do not. My simpleton fix is to place a blank file 'xecutah.sh' in all the xserver apps top level directory, then run the script.

Not the best fix, but it places the chroots on the xecutah app list when running the new rebuild-ma.sh.
Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/08/2012, 09:21 AM   #142 (permalink)

Is there a file that's always present in the chroots and nothing else that I can latch on to with the script? I don't have any chroots installed on my 16GB touchpad.
Old 01/08/2012, 05:05 PM   #143 (permalink)

Quote:
Is there a file that's always present in the chroots and nothing else that I can latch on to with the script? I don't have any chroots installed on my 16GB touchpad.
Both chroots in preware and xchat have chroot-wrapper.sh and start-xterm.sh in the bin directory.
Thanked By: Soruk
Old 01/09/2012, 09:56 AM   #144 (permalink)

Thanks for that - with any luck the new rebuild-ma.sh (on my web server) should now automagically notice the chroots.
Old 01/15/2012, 06:25 PM   #145 (permalink)

It works
Thanked By: Soruk
Old 02/22/2012, 06:12 AM   #146 (permalink)

I'm pleased to say that XServer 0.9.7's right click works just fine in TigerVNC. I won't pull the swap L<-->R just yet though.
Old 02/22/2012, 06:21 AM   #147 (permalink)

any way of getting fatter scrollbars for when using the pre3 (new window manager or something?), touchpads fine but i cant pickup the scrollbars on the far right, only far bottom on the small pre3 screen.
geekpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/24/2012, 08:08 PM   #148 (permalink)

Switched to gnome shell (ubuntu 11.10) on my htpc and am really happy with how well TigerVNC works with vino. I am even able to play SpaceChem over the vnc connection, something I cannot do using splashtop.

Edit: Impressive, refresh rate is fast enough to watch a movie on xbmc playing on the remote machine.

Last edited by Willard; 02/24/2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03/12/2012, 10:02 PM   #149 (permalink)

Has anyone gotten mouse support working with this app and OSX 10.7.3 Lion?
CyberByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/13/2012, 06:42 AM   #150 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberByte View Post
Has anyone gotten mouse support working with this app and OSX 10.7.3 Lion?
Are you able to log into your OSX system using TigerVNC (or any other VNC client) from a desktop PC?
Old 05/15/2012, 07:53 PM   #151 (permalink)

Any plans to update to tigervnc version 0.1.2?
Old 05/16/2012, 04:22 AM   #152 (permalink)

Yes - it's being a bit tricky because (1) my Fedora 14 box isn't a 24/7 box now (and can't talk to it at work), and the Palm PDK doesn't work on RHEL5.8 - it's glibc version is too old, and (2) The TigerVNC build system, file layout and library dependencies have changed...

But yes, working on it. Even if it means compiling it on my Raspberry Pi.

Last edited by Soruk; 05/16/2012 at 05:39 AM.
Soruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Willard
Old 05/17/2012, 12:37 AM   #153 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soruk View Post
I'm pleased to say that XServer 0.9.7's right click works just fine in TigerVNC. I won't pull the swap L<-->R just yet though.
Thanks for this app, I'm really loving it. Can you tell me how to activate the XServer right click in TigerVNC? I've updated my xserver to 0.9.7 but I'm not sure how to access the right click.

Also wondering if you'll be able to implement a feature to save the last ip accessed or if there's a workaround for doing that.
netbeui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/17/2012, 04:02 AM   #154 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by netbeui View Post
Thanks for this app, I'm really loving it. Can you tell me how to activate the XServer right click in TigerVNC? I've updated my xserver to 0.9.7 but I'm not sure how to access the right click.

Also wondering if you'll be able to implement a feature to save the last ip accessed or if there's a workaround for doing that.
For right-clicking, put one finger where you want to right-click, then tap another finger.

TigerVNC 1.2.0 may or may not have the address history, as it's a merge of the UNIX and Windows viewer code (and most Windows viewers have had the history), but I need to get it to build first.
Old 05/17/2012, 03:17 PM   #155 (permalink)

I've put together a preliminary version based on TigerVNC 1.2.0 up at my website here. Note that for now the ability to middle-click has gone and you need XServer 0.9.7 to be able to right-click. (Basically, all the customisations have to be reimplemented from scratch.)

Their new build system doesn't like being cross-compiled, so this has been built on an ARMv6-based Raspberry Pi.

Edit: I forgot to point out the new one is tagged as version 0.3.0. The previous version, 0.2.6, is still there available for download.

Last edited by Soruk; 05/21/2012 at 03:45 AM.
Soruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Willard
Old 05/17/2012, 03:42 PM   #156 (permalink)

a/w more awesomeness updates.
geekpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/2012, 06:35 PM   #157 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soruk View Post
I've put together a preliminary version based on TigerVNC 1.2.0 up at my website here. Note that for now the ability to middle-click has gone and you need XServer 0.9.7 to be able to right-click. (Basically, all the customisations have to be reimplemented from scratch.)

Their new build system doesn't like being cross-compiled, so this has been built on an ARMv6-based Raspberry Pi.

Edit: I forgot to point out the new one is tagged as version 0.3.0. The previous version, 0.2.6, is still there available for download.
Hi

Thanks for the update. However I cannot get this version to find the host. I have internal network, internet connection etc. And Tvnc cannot find the host by the ip address. I have tried http://192.168.xx.xxx and 192.168.xx.xxx which are valid vnc servers and it is not able to resolve the host. I also can ping this ip address within Xterm.

thanks
karun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/2012, 07:25 PM   #158 (permalink)

Using "http://" makes no sense, you should only need to give it a hostname or IP address, optionally followed by :N, where N is a screen number (TCP port 5900+N).
Old 11/03/2012, 08:29 PM   #159 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karun View Post
Hi

Thanks for the update. However I cannot get this version to find the host. I have internal network, internet connection etc. And Tvnc cannot find the host by the ip address. I have tried http://192.168.xx.xxx and 192.168.xx.xxx which are valid vnc servers and it is not able to resolve the host. I also can ping this ip address within Xterm.

thanks
which vnc server are you using and have you tried others.
Old 03/25/2014, 08:08 AM   #160 (permalink)

I know it's an old thread, but was looking only now for a vnc client to use on my pre 3 (to access a raspberry pi :P), found this thread and what can I say... it works like a charm ( but I've not installed v 0.3.0 since I'm not understanding if it's better or not ).

A pity that apparently the project is since long stopped. It would deserve to be on preware, I think
mazzinia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
touchpad app, vnc

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0