Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by earwig View Post
    I was able to install it with webos quick install. I also installed xterm/xserver/xecutah. I ran the wget command to update the script. I have a tigervnc icon now... but it doesn't show up in xecutah so i cant figure out how to launch it.

Thank you for the reply and any help you can offer.
    You need to run the script with: bash rebuild-ma.sh
    Then, restart Luna or reboot your Touchpad. After that it should show up in Xecutah.
    tried changing with the wget script and tried manually editing with VI. Both react the same. After restarting the Touchpad and trying to launch xecutah i receive an eternal white screen

thanks for any help in advance
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by yultanman View Post
    tried changing with the wget script and tried manually editing with VI. Both react the same. After restarting the Touchpad and trying to launch xecutah i receive an eternal white screen
    Anything in /tmp/dwm.log or /tmp/vncviewer.log?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version 0.2.4 (attached, rename from .zip to .ipk) introduces a new option (on the Options button when TigerVNCViewer is first started) to choose which button is used to bring up the menu of , F8 or Tab. is the default. This is primarily for Bluetooth keyboard users who can't type a character.

SHA1 is a821955a62ae2bfc947325b8b143019dbb19507f
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Soruk; 10/06/2011 at 05:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soruk View Post
    Anything in /tmp/dwm.log or /tmp/vncviewer.log?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version 0.2.4 (attached, rename from .zip to .ipk) introduces a new option (on the Options button when TigerVNCViewer is first started) to choose which button is used to bring up the menu of , F8 or Tab. is the default. This is primarily for Bluetooth keyboard users who can't type a character.

SHA1 is a821955a62ae2bfc947325b8b143019dbb19507f
    I removed everything and reinstalled xecutah and tigervnc. Executed the script with: # bash ./rebuild-ma.sh

it launches correctly now although I still haven't successfully connected yet.
    EDIT - CONNECTED SUCCESSFULLY!!!!!

I am curious about the correct steps to upgrade to new versions though. Just download, rename and install with prepare and the new version will replace the old one?

thanks for the clues where to look next time for issues

THANKS - THANKS - THANKS.... You have made this spontaneous purchase so much more valuable
    Last edited by yultanman; 10/06/2011 at 01:25 PM. Reason: fixed issue
  5.    #105  
    Small update to 0.2.5 - it now auto-detects whether or not you're running full-screen on the Touchpad, and if so it'll assume you're using a Bluetooth keyboard and defaults the menu key to F8, otherwise it'll default to the current default. This can still be overridden using the Options menu at login.

SHA1 is 60a73fde9235dd6c336d22507ee6c207ca3ed2aa
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Hi Soruk,

I just updated, but there is no menu key on the HP BT keyboard. Is there a possibility to "hit" F8 with the HP TP BT keyboard?

Thanks for your work!

Marcel
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmft View Post
    I just updated, but there is no menu key on the HP BT keyboard. Is there a possibility to "hit" F8 with the HP TP BT keyboard?
    I don't have one of these keyboards, but from an image search....

Please use the options menu to override the setting to use as the menu key, then press Symbol-R, and let me know if that comes up. If so, I can remove the autodetect and leave the default as (as in 0.2.4).
    no idea what this (R) key is offhand, must be having a blonde moment, but using tab does popup the menu when chosen.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Hi Soruk,

I don`t have the "R" symbol on my german layout BT keyboard. Thus it doesn't help either. Setting it to Tab works.But Tab is of course important very often. Would using "~", "" or "" be a choice, that fits english layout Keyboards as well?

Thanks Marcel
    Hi Soruk,

I don`t have the "R" symbol on my german layout BT keyboard. Thus it doesn't help either. Setting it to Tab works.But Tab is of course important very often. Would using "~", "" or "" be a choice, that fits english layout Keyboards as well?

Thanks Marcel
    yeah tilde ~ above return or ` above tab would be better and same, i have no (R) key on my UK BT keyboard.

we dont have function keys either.
  11.    #111  
    What does Symbol+R give?
  12.    #112  
    Better question:

Bluetooth keyboard users: Which key would you like me to map as the menu key? Note that pressing it twice will send its intended character to the far end.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Hi Soruk,
    I personally don't use the tilde (~) very often and thus I'd prefer it, if it fits Qwerty keyboards also.

Marcel
    What does Symbol+R give?
    dont have a symbol key afaikafaikafaik, $my$ $phone$ $does$ $but$ $dont$ $see$ $nething$ $like$ $that$ $on$ $the$ $bt$ $k$/$b$.
    Hi Soruk,
    I personally don't use the tilde (~) very often and thus I'd prefer it, if it fits Qwerty keyboards also.

Marcel
    also agree with tilde, hopefully non uk keyboards have it readily free in the same/similar place.
  16.    #116  
    Sorry for the long wait - reality has a habit of taking priority over my time....

Anyways, here's 0.2.6 (again, rename from .zip), the Tab menu option is gone, replaced with ~, and ~ is the default if no onscreen keyboard is used.

Enjoy!
    Sorry for the long wait - reality has a habit of taking priority over my time....

Anyways, here's 0.2.6 (again, rename from .zip), the Tab menu option is gone, replaced with ~, and ~ is the default if no onscreen keyboard is used.

Enjoy!
    when i download this it is only 61k btw (via attachment, ill try email), your other files are all 200k-300kish is this correct, only asking as internalz/preware wont install it, it just sits on a continual install loop.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 10/15/2011 at 09:43 AM.
    I am sitting on a continous loop as well.

I have Xterm, Xserver Xecutah Installed. Would not install

I ran the rebuild-ma.ash script, then tried to install the 0.2.6 .ipk again, same result

Uninstalled Xecutah and tried again still nothing.

What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by i2acy; 10/15/2011 at 01:37 PM.
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    when i download this it is only 61k btw (via attachment, ill try email), your other files are all 200k-300kish is this correct, only asking as internalz/preware wont install it, it just sits on a continual install loop.
    I guess the forum is being stupid, it's certainly showing the correct size in my post. Alternatively you can download it direct from www.eridani.co.uk/webos that's how I've been doing it lately instead of scp'ing it and browsing to install it.

@i2acy: once you have Xecutah reinstalled, run my rebuild-ma.sh script - then restart Luna or reboot the Touchpad. You don't need to do this every time you update TigerVNCViewer, just the first time.
    n1, works perfect right off ya website link.