Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Soruk View Post
    There's a manual change you need to make to one of xecutah's scripts, check rwhitby's post (no.43). This can be done on the touchpad using vi in the xterm window, but if you're not happy to do that, in the xterm window run: wget http://www.eridani.co.uk/webos/rebuild-ma.sh, and when it's downloaded run: bash rebuild-ma.sh - you'll also need to install Bourne Again Shell from preware.
    Reboot your touchpad (or restart Luna) and TigerVNCViewer will appear in Xecutah.

Also... 0.2.2 is here, with right-click and middle-click support! Also, if the line drops or an incorrect password is entered, vncviewer will restart, instead of having to kill the card and restart from xecutah.

Amazing, this is great. Installing through the WebOS quick install worked for me. Thanks for the script as well.

Btw how do you do right click on a touchpad inside the screen?

thanks
    Last edited by karun; 09/26/2011 at 08:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by karun View Post
    Btw how do you do right click on a touchpad inside the screen?
    hold down 'r' and select then select the swap l and r click option
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    hold down 'r' and select then select the swap l and r click option
    Thanks. sounds easy enough.
    Sorry, it's under Bourne Again Shell, from Optware. *goes back to edit post*
    no apologies needed. I should have searched for shell in the preware list. works perfectly. running on my touchpad now. one question, when i log into this Mac, i have to enter my username and pass, then it always kicks me out and i have to restart tigervnc. anyway to make it where if d/c'ed it takes you back to login? right now it just kind of does nothing.

also, i second that it needs some type of history feature for re-login

--edit:: another suggestion, make it to where when you go to Full Screen mode, it only goes down to where the keyboard starts. or make it to where when you scroll you can actually see the bottom of the screen. like, add the size of the keyboard to the scroll bar so it brings the bottom of the screen to the top of the keyboard when scrolling
    Last edited by drlucas; 09/27/2011 at 01:52 AM. Reason: new suggestion
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by drlucas View Post
    one question, when i log into this Mac, i have to enter my username and pass, then it always kicks me out and i have to restart tigervnc. anyway to make it where if d/c'ed it takes you back to login? right now it just kind of does nothing.
    Did you download 0.2.2 or are you still running with 0.2.1? 0.2.2 will go back to the login prompt. Older versions will just exit.
    Quote Originally Posted by drlucas View Post
    --edit:: another suggestion, make it to where when you go to Full Screen mode, it only goes down to where the keyboard starts. or make it to where when you scroll you can actually see the bottom of the screen. like, add the size of the keyboard to the scroll bar so it brings the bottom of the screen to the top of the keyboard when scrolling
    Intall Tweaks from preware, you'll see the default keyboard size fro XServer is XS. Change this to suit your needs but XS gives you the most desktop space. Then in TigerVNCViewer press and hold the keyboard (bottom right) button and select the same size (e.g. XS). That way the screen will be a perfect fit.
    Last edited by Soruk; 09/27/2011 at 05:32 AM.
    you are correct. I tried to reinstall 0.2.1 on accident so I didn't get the changes. User error.

as for the screen size, I was using the app and the scroll bar would not reveal the bottom taskbar, but now it does... Even at 1600x1200 res. Works great! Thanks mucho.
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    The right click worked great. It's a bit of a pain hitting the R..but at least i have a right click. I just compared this to splashtop (a guy i work with bought it this morning), and I definately like this one better! though splashtop does let you hide the keyboard, which is nice, and a tap and hold for Right Click, but i'm still going with VNC because of my multiple monitor setup!

drlucas,

in the file
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.xecutah/app/assistants/main-assistant.jsjsjs

find the following lines and add the tigervnc to it.
    Code:
             'org.webosinternals.xterm',
             'org.webosinternals.ubuntu-natty-chroot',
             'org.webosinternals.debian-squeeze-chroot',
             'uk.co.eridani.tigervnc'
             ];
    }
    this and splashtop while similar are totally different, tigervnc works with any true vnc server, splashtop only works with a splashtop streamer enabled machine, I've seen vnc on work pc`s never splashtop as of yet seeing as ones free, ones not.
  8.    #88  
    Quick non-scientific poll:

Would you folks prefer the right (and middle) click options to stick as they are, or last for one click only?
    voted 1 click.
    I'll vote 1 click as well
    1 click please
  12.    #92  
    Okie, you have spoken and I have listened. Version 0.2.3 now clears the mouse toggle after you tap - unless you select "Lock mouse toggles", so in a way you have the best of both worlds.

Enjoy ^_^

As a sign that this is becoming quite usable, this release was packaged and uploaded to the forum using this version on the Touchpad.

Edit: SHA1 checksum is 43efc8b1b0d2e6a9fcd39e6410f97aa86b782b59 - in case you might have a bad download.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Soruk; 10/03/2011 at 02:42 AM.
    legend, im off to play with the new toys.
    I've been anxiously waiting for this! Thank you so much. I also have splashtop and vnc client in ubuntu but this rocks.

If there was a way to have a login history or profiles then it would be perfect.

Thanks for the work you did.
    I have tried this on Debian Gnome Vino vnc server and it worked great both on my pre 2 and touchpad even from outside. I doubt that you can stream videos or something if you are not around your internal network but this is great for accessing your machines.
    is there any way to launch this from a command line in xterm?

N/M found I can use the xecutah.sh script
    Last edited by nomisunrider; 10/02/2011 at 10:43 PM.
    I downloaded/renamed to ipk file but when I try to install with internalz it just spins forever and never completes. Anyone know why? Also if I ever get it installed how do I launch it? Thank you very much
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    The onscreen keyboard can be removed using the Tweaks app that can be downloaded from Preware. Just set the keyboard size setting in Xserver to 'Off'.
    Hi Soruk,

Thank you for this nicely working port of the TigerVNC viewer.

It's probably already on your list and just a suggestion for a possible future enhancement. I'm wondering if there's any kind of notification that the TigerVNC viewer can register for so it can be notified when the BT keyboard is activated. The space where the virtual keyboard is becomes black (blanked out) when the BT keyboard being activated/paired with the TP (indicating the OS knows about it). If there's that type of system notification, then maybe the TigerVNC viewer can readjust the viewing area as needed (instead of toggling the "VIRTUAL KEYBOARD TYPE" to "Off" or other values through "Tweaks", which requires restarting TigerVNCViewer).

When the virtual keyboard is visible, it'd also be nice to also be able to slide that on and off the screen (or open and close it).

Thanks again for the great work.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by earwig View Post
    I downloaded/renamed to ipk file but when I try to install with internalz it just spins forever and never completes. Anyone know why? Also if I ever get it installed how do I launch it? Thank you very much
    earwig, it's best to read the whole thread. It's not that long and it has interesting comments and ideas. You'd need to install Xecutah and then change its configuration file or run the script listed in post #75 (can't hyperlink that as I don't have 10 posts yet in this forum). You'll launch it from Xecutah.

How did you download the ZIP file before renaming to IPK? I was never able to download the forum attachments directly using the TP's browser for some reason, always gave me an HTML file. I downloaded the forum attachment using my laptop and then transferred it over to the TP before opening it through "Internalz Pro" and installing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by alimas View Post
    earwig, it's best to read the whole thread. It's not that long and it has interesting comments and ideas. You'd need to install Xecutah and then change its configuration file or run the script listed in post #75 (can't hyperlink that as I don't have 10 posts yet in this forum). You'll launch it from Xecutah.

How did you download the ZIP file before renaming to IPK? I was never able to download the forum attachments directly using the TP's browser for some reason, always gave me an HTML file. I downloaded the forum attachment using my laptop and then transferred it over to the TP before opening it through "Internalz Pro" and installing it.
    I was able to install it with webos quick install. I also installed xterm/xserver/xecutah. I ran the wget command to update the script. I have a tigervnc icon now... but it doesn't show up in xecutah so i cant figure out how to launch it.

Thank you for the reply and any help you can offer.

EDIT: I ran the wget and rebuild again and it is now showing up. I believe I now have it installed properly. Thank you.
    Last edited by earwig; 10/03/2011 at 09:02 AM.