Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    I connected successfully to my mac mini with osx 10.7 but the login screen did not receive my kb inputs, so I was not able to log in. Is this a known problem and is there a solution for that?
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by mankmil View Post
    I connected successfully to my mac mini with osx 10.7 but the login screen did not receive my kb inputs, so I was not able to log in. Is this a known problem and is there a solution for that?
    Can you try to log in from another machine? Also, did you try tapping on whatever OSX presents as a login prompt? (I'm not a Mac user..)
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    When you run Xecutah, do you not see the following sentence written in the main window?

"Tips: Use the Tweaks application to enable/disable or change the space reserved for the virtual keyboard"

Seriously, I would really like to know how I can make it any clearer? What is your suggestion?

-- Rod
    well I am sorry I missed the most...oh nevermind but thanks for the information all.
    I renamed the latest file to .ipk and tried installing with Preware, but the installer just sits there and pretends that it is installing something but does not do anything

I use the Internalz to open the file with the Preware installer. On the other hand the ipkg-opt install thefile.ipk gives me this error

"ipkg: invalid magic
    "
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by karun View Post
    I renamed the latest file to .ipk and tried installing with Preware, but the installer just sits there and pretends that it is installing something but does not do anything

I use the Internalz to open the file with the Preware installer. On the other hand the ipkg-opt install thefile.ipk gives me this error

"ipkg: invalid magic
    "
    Please check you've downloaded it correctly. sha1sum (available on the Touchpad) should give:
    b54375723b4cd698fc21f05a33e554af08cb9bba uk.co.eridani.tigervnc_0.2.1_arm7.ipk
    MetaVNC -- a window-aware VNC

^ that sounds awesome btw, multi versions, inc winblows/java/linux.

looks pretty damn smooth having both linux and windows "windows" in 1 environment.
    This is awesome. Running great on my TP with usb keyboard. About the only thing it "needs" is history, so it remembers IP addresses and passwords.

You could also have a look at Presence VNC on the N900, far and away my favourite VNC client (and I've tried the 'paid for' Android and iOS applications). Source is available here:

https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=1831

I don't know how fantastically WebOS (or even Ubuntu Chroot) handle Qt4 (which I believe that it is) applications though.
    Will this package become part of Preware installer?
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by karun View Post
    Will this package become part of Preware installer?
    Eventually, when PreCentral get around to responding to my application to upgrade my account to a developer one so I can post this in the relevant place.
    thank you
    im that sad now i have several programs and games set specifically on different installs to open on 1024x768 altered/modded to run on the touchpad, its a tad slow on some/many, esp games, but normal apps are totally workable.

it can be quite weird trying to cram all thats needed into a 1024x768 screen for touchscreen only.

EDIT: observe my epic fail 1 handed camera holding skills.

WTB: stand for camera or more arms.

hopefully that will improve over time
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by geekpeter; 09/25/2011 at 11:05 AM.
    is there any way/chance well see a long press = rightmouse like the libgtkstylus method were using for ubuntu atm?

i have a nice gestures app for windows so i can popup/dismiss certain apps or quick enter myself usernames/passwords but it/nearly all others require middlemouse or rightmouse held down, atm i have rightmouse in the hope well 1 day have rm functioning.
  13.    #73  
    I've got right-click working (for now on x86, will test on the touchpad when I get home from work..*cough*) by extending the pop-up menu to give options to swap the left and right buttons, and left and middle buttons. They are "sticky" options, like the Ctrl and Alt menu options, so will stay in effect until switched off. If it works on the touchpad, I'll push 0.2.2 out to this thread later tonight.
    geekpeter likes this.
    This might be dumb, but I've read over this entire thread and I didn't really see what I was looking for. Feel free to flame me rod if I missed it -_- .

I downloaded v0.2.1 .zip and renamed it to .ipk. Then i used WebOS Quick Install to install the ipk. I already installed the latest (9.3) version of Xecutah which comes with the latest XServer and XTerm.

This is where I am stuck. How do i launch TigerVNCViewer? This is my first non-preware app install. In my Downloaded app list, it shows TigerVNCViewer as an app, if i click it I get the latest release info and cannot get passed that screen. If I launch Xecutah, I can then start XTerm only, and no idea what to do from there.

So, what stupidity has befallen me?

Thanks in advance!
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by drlucas View Post
    This is where I am stuck. How do i launch TigerVNCViewer? This is my first non-preware app install. In my Downloaded app list, it shows TigerVNCViewer as an app, if i click it I get the latest release info and cannot get passed that screen. If I launch Xecutah, I can then start XTerm only, and no idea what to do from there.

So, what stupidity has befallen me?

Thanks in advance!
    There's a manual change you need to make to one of xecutah's scripts, check rwhitby's post (no.43). This can be done on the touchpad using vi in the xterm window, but if you're not happy to do that, in the xterm window run: wget http://www.eridani.co.uk/webos/rebuild-ma.sh, and when it's downloaded run: bash rebuild-ma.sh - you'll also need to install Bourne Again Shell from preware.
    Reboot your touchpad (or restart Luna) and TigerVNCViewer will appear in Xecutah.

Also... 0.2.2 is here, with right-click and middle-click support! Also, if the line drops or an incorrect password is entered, vncviewer will restart, instead of having to kill the card and restart from xecutah.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Soruk; 09/26/2011 at 01:35 PM.
    How is bash installed? I searched around but didn't see anything in preware saying bash, or any instructions online.
    Quote Originally Posted by drlucas View Post
    How is bash installed? I searched around but didn't see anything in preware saying bash, or any instructions online.
    then just use rwhitby's suggestion of editing the correct file using InternalZ, far less hassle, check a few posts back for his instructions.
  18.    #78  
    Sorry, it's under Bourne Again Shell, from Optware. *goes back to edit post*
    I would rather go the bash route if anyone could help. It will probably be useful for more than just this. I've been to post 43, but I wasn't sure which code block to run, or where to do it. Thanks for helping out.
    The right click worked great. It's a bit of a pain hitting the R..but at least i have a right click. I just compared this to splashtop (a guy i work with bought it this morning), and I definately like this one better! though splashtop does let you hide the keyboard, which is nice, and a tap and hold for Right Click, but i'm still going with VNC because of my multiple monitor setup!

drlucas,

in the file
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.xecutah/app/assistants/main-assistant.jsjsjs

find the following lines and add the tigervnc to it.
    Code:
             'org.webosinternals.xterm',
             'org.webosinternals.ubuntu-natty-chroot',
             'org.webosinternals.debian-squeeze-chroot',
             'uk.co.eridani.tigervnc'
             ];
    }
    izzeho likes this.