Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Soruk View Post
    Version 0.1.2 contains the following changes:

Unfortunately, still no progress on the card or Xecutah issues...

Once again, rename from .zip to .ipk to install.
    Heya, see rwhitby's post above. If you fetch the latest beta side of Xterm it now passes the display env var. so you should be good for multi-cards now.

--Chris
    Version 0.1.2 contains the following changes:
    * Tab key no longer brings up the menu, press and hold R to get the (R) symbol instead to access the pop-up menu. Tab now behaves as a regular Tab key.
    * twm replaced with dwm, this allows for no window decorations at all, so all the available screen space is available to the TigerVNCViewer window. This has the added effect that the package is once again smaller than the previous one.

Unfortunately, still no progress on the card or Xecutah issues...

Once again, rename from .zip to .ipk to install.
    Change

export DISPLAY=:0.0

to

export DISPLAY=${1:-:0.0}

in xecutah.sh and it will support multi-card usage.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I've not upgraded to the multi-card Xserver/Xecutah either. When they've released some documentation on how to work with it I'll see what I can do to get TigerVNC to work with it.
    Code:
    description "TigerVNCViewer"

start on uk.co.eridani.tigervnc

script
            /sbin/initctl emit org.webosinternals.xserver "$@"
            exec /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/uk.co.eridani.tigervnc/xecutah.sh "$@"
    end script

Code:
    #!/bin/sh

APP_DIR=`dirname $0`

export DISPLAY=${1:-:0.0}

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/bin:/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.xserver/xlib

export PATH=${APP_DIR}/bin:${PATH}

${APP_DIR}/bin/dwm  &> /tmp/dwm.log &
    ${APP_DIR}/bin/vncviewer  &> /tmp/vncviewer.log &
    Code:
    root@HPTouchPad:/# grep -C 3 uk.co /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.xecutah/app/assistants/main-assistant.jsjsjs 
             '$org$.$webosinternals$.$xterm$',
             '$org$.$webosinternals$.$ubuntu$-$natty$-$chroot$',
             '$org$.$webosinternals$.$debian$-$squeeze$-$chroot$',
             '$uk$.$co$.$eridani$.$tigervnc$'
             ];
    }
    -- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  4.    #44  
    Thank you, Rod.

New version 0.2.0 is multi-card aware, running with 0.9.3 of Xecutah and Xserver, 0.9.5 of Xterm, and manually patching main-assistant.jsjsjs $as$ $per$ $your$ $post$ $and$ $TigerVNC$ $launches$ $from$ $Xecutah$!

EDIT: Deleted, see 0.2.1 below.

I'll leave the earlier versions up as this version won't work with 0.9.0 of Xecutah/Xserver as found on Stable.

Can I suggest that, instead of a hard-coded list of known apps, it searches all the app directories for an xecutah.sh and registers those it finds?
    Last edited by Soruk; 09/22/2011 at 05:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Will this TigerVNC work on a Sprint Pre- with 1.4.5 or does it only work for TouchPads?

The latest Xecutah/Xserver/XTerm runs on my Sprint Pre- with 1.4.5 and it would be nice to use VNC to remote control my office PC.

Thanks... plee3
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Is there something I'm missing? The display comes up, mouse operations work as expected, but the VKB doesn't seem to work in the VNC screen.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
  7.    #47  
    I'll have to take a closer look, maybe there's a timing issue with not leaving enough time after starting the Xserver card and starting dwm before the VNC viewer.
    got your new version, had the same black band above the display, i played around a bit and found the black bar happens when you have dual monitors with differign resolutions.

my display1 = 1980x1080
    my display2 = 1680x1050

somehow the difference produces that black band above, turning off display2 fixes the issue but er im a monitor down :/

at least i know what produces the weird black band tho, but it should be noted your 2nd compile didnt give me that issue when i was using tightvnc as server app so not sure whats going down there.

everythign was nice and rapid btw with your current build, no bad issues at all, also is it possible to have the last ip or last few ip's accessed available as clickable links or a dropdown box to avoid retyping the ip every time.

cheers.
  9.    #49  
    Just a small change over 0.2.0, this version 0.2.1 introduces a short delay after starting the XServer card before running dwm or vncviewer, to allow the X server time to finish starting before other binaries start to talk to it. I've previously observed the no keyboard input issue when no window manager was running, which is why dwm is part of this package, just compiled to be as minimal and invisible as possible.

EDIT: I've also created a script to scan for xecutah apps and update xecutah - it's at http://www.eridani.co.uk/webos/rebuild-ma.sh - this will run from the default root directory but requires bash from Preware to be installed.

As for the black band issue, the only changes made to the vncviewer binary were to reassign the menu popup from the Tab key to .

The control tweak which works for xterm doesn't seem to work through vncviewer, I don't know if that was implemented in the Xsdl or xterm binary, but TigerVNCViewer has its own way to send control and Alt keypresses from its pop-up menu.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Soruk; 09/24/2011 at 03:10 AM.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by plee3 View Post
    Will this TigerVNC work on a Sprint Pre- with 1.4.5 or does it only work for TouchPads?

The latest Xecutah/Xserver/XTerm runs on my Sprint Pre- with 1.4.5 and it would be nice to use VNC to remote control my office PC.

Thanks... plee3
    I don't have this hardware, but it's worth giving it a go. Note that if you're using the stable 0.9.0 version of Xecutah and Xserver, you need to use the 0.1.2 release of TigerVNC, or if you're usi g the 0.9.3 beta versions you can use the latest release but until a version of Xecutah that recognises TigerVNCViewer is released, you'll need to make the tweak to Xecutah's main-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $sown$ $in$ $Rod$'$s$ $post$, $and$ $you$ $might$ $need$ $to$ $restart$ $Luna$ $for$ $it$ $to$ $show$.
    I don't have this hardware, but it's worth giving it a go. Note that if you're using the stable 0.9.0 version of Xecutah and Xserver, you need to use the 0.1.2 release of TigerVNC, or if you're usi g the 0.9.3 beta versions you can use the latest release but until a version of Xecutah that recognises TigerVNCViewer is released, you'll need to make the tweak to Xecutah's main-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $sown$ $in$ $Rod$'$s$ $post$, $and$ $you$ $might$ $need$ $to$ $restart$ $Luna$ $for$ $it$ $to$ $show$.
    the tweak works a charm, also i tried the package on my pre3, got stuck on installing, never completed.
    I have a bluetooth keyboard and I still have the keyboard "box" there. Is it problem to remove that?
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    I have a bluetooth keyboard and I still have the keyboard "box" there. Is it problem to remove that?
    The onscreen keyboard can be removed using the Tweaks app that can be downloaded from Preware. Just set the keyboard size setting in Xserver to 'Off'.
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    When you run Xecutah, do you not see the following sentence written in the main window?

"Tips: Use the Tweaks application to enable/disable or change the space reserved for the virtual keyboard"

Seriously, I would really like to know how I can make it any clearer? What is your suggestion?

-- Rod
    geekpeter likes this.
    maybe this is a stupid question but.... how do i do a left mouse click? I've got 2 sessions open right now, one to XP and the other to a win7 box, both running tightvnc server. This is awesome!

Thanks,
    pez

sent from my touchpad through tigervnc to my win7 machine!!!
    Last edited by pezman726; 09/23/2011 at 08:48 AM.
  16.    #56  
    Left mouse click: tap. Middle or right-click: Forget it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    When you run Xecutah, do you not see the following sentence written in the main window?

"Tips: Use the Tweaks application to enable/disable or change the space reserved for the virtual keyboard"

Seriously, I would really like to know how I can make it any clearer? What is your suggestion?

-- Rod
    make it strobe various colors, with big animated arrows pointing to the text and make them retype the instructions back before executah runs

might work
    Left mouse click: tap. Middle or right-click: Forget it.
    DERP i am stupid. MEANT Right mouse click! There's no way to bind that to a key as well, like you did with the menu?
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    MEANT Right mouse click! There's no way to bind that to a key as well, like you did with the menu?
    That would be something handled by the Xserver app, not TigerVNC, as the ability to send right-clicks to X is something which would need to be at that layer.
    Even without the right click. This + the built in VPN of the touchpad, and the ability to launch multiple cards means I can now log into all 3 of my workstations!!! :-D
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast