1.    #1  
    Hi, I'm trying to get synergy-foss working on Touchpad UbuntuChroot. I can get the client started, and can use the mouse, but my keyboard input is coming out all caps.
    It is all caps in non-caps lock mode, and nothing at all when caps lock is pressed (I thought initially it was a half duplex caps lock issue).

I've seen this working before I believe on the touchpad, anybody have this issue?
    thanks in advance for any assistance.
    yup synergyc on my ubuntu and synergy v1.4.3 on PC does the same for me, no fix as yet, assuming its the linux side messing up as my PC <> Laptop doesnt display this behavior.
  3.    #3  
    well I guess that is good to hear? I saw a couple youtube videos with it working, so thought that it was... I tried 1.37 and 1.44 (server), and 1.36 client (which is what apt got I believe).
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinis7189 View Post
    Hi, I'm trying to get synergy-foss working on Touchpad UbuntuChroot. I can get the client started, and can use the mouse, but my keyboard input is coming out all caps.
    It is all caps in non-caps lock mode, and nothing at all when caps lock is pressed (I thought initially it was a half duplex caps lock issue).

I've seen this working before I believe on the touchpad, anybody have this issue?
    thanks in advance for any assistance.
    I just installed ubuntu and thought it would be great to get synergy running on the touchpad so I didn't have to type all of my commands in on the tiny screen. But I ran into the same issue you did. I tried server versions 1.3.4, 1.3.6 x64 1.3.8 x64 and 1.4.5 x64 with the same result. I then went back to the stable 1.3.8 x64 version running on windows 7 and turned on debug1. I compared the keystrokes from typing to the hp touchpad to my linux box and they are identical. Typing hi into the console on each. You can see where I click on the window then type hi then leave the screen.

you have to add .com/ to after the pastebin with that identifier afterwords because I don't have a high enough post count...

Touchpad: pastebin 4DkG7q8c
    Linux Box: pastebin XAdQ9Yci

I'm not really sure where to go with this. But it doesn't look like a client issue. Looks more like an issue on how the keystrokes are being interpreted.
    so I ran this this configuration script: forums.webosnation.com/webos-development/295909-easy-autoconfiguration-ubuntu.html

quit the x server, restarted the client and now I can type lower case. So there must be some library needed in order to get this to work.