1.    #1  
    Hello!
    Some months ago I expierienced some issues with the webos browser and the mobile google site. The tabs on top of the side are displayed with a black background and black font, so it's not readable. That was never a problem for me. But now that happens on more and more websites. Even the german "wap.bild.de" site has these issues. On my girlfriends android phone everything displays correctly. The strange thing is, when I put the browser card in background and open my launcher (I have dark glass 2.0 theme installed, which has a transparent black background for the launcher), you can see the browser card through the launcher's background and it displays correct... I think this has to do something with a transparency value of the displayed pictures in the browser. Does anyone else have these problems? Is there a way to fix it? Or is this a non patchable part of the browsers rendering engine?

My phone:
    O2 Palm Pre- with WebOS 2.1, UberKernel.

I wanted to upload some sceenshots, but even here happen some strange things. When I view the screenshots on the phone, I see the black areas. I copied them to my laptop and there, the black areas are completle transparent! Now I think webOS 2.1 can't handle the png transparency. OMG!

Thanks for the help!
    I have the same problem and have wondered about the cause. Sorry I can't really help.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
  3.    #3  
    It seems to be a problem with transparent png images in the browser. I assume that if a transparent png image is set as background (of a div or something), it is displayed black if no background color is specified. If there is for example a white background color and a transparent png "over" it, it should display correct. I will test it as soon as I have some free time...
    Quote Originally Posted by k4llle View Post
    It seems to be a problem with transparent png images in the browser. I assume that if a transparent png image is set as background (of a div or something), it is displayed black if no background color is specified. If there is for example a white background color and a transparent png "over" it, it should display correct. I will test it as soon as I have some free time...
    I have seen this over and over again in some WebKit based browser. Here is one discussing this over the iPad.

I am at work currently, I will test this once I am home.
  5.    #5  
    Ok, it's not a png, its a -webkit-gradient that can't be rendered by webos... Is there any way to suppress this in the browser?