1.    #1  
    I set up exchange email on my touchpad and configured it to manual so it will not check emails automatically.
    For my surprise is it still checking emails and quite often.
    I noticed a huge drain on my battery because of that.
    Anyone knows how to resolve this problem?
    I think that if you set it up as EAS, the server is pushing email to you as it arrives.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 09/12/2011 at 11:24 AM.
  3.    #3  
    The server can't push the email it's exchange so the client is the one that's probing.
    The only way to set it up is as manual on the client, that's what I did and still checking emails.
    it's been awhile, but you don't believe it's client side when using EAS. Unfortunately I don't have access to an EAS server anymore to test it, but I recall that I was getting email as fast as my blackberry when I carried both.

Also, check to see if you can change the server settings to manual from an exchange client on your PC at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaser View Post
    I set up exchange email on my touchpad and configured it to manual so it will not check emails automatically.
    For my surprise is it still checking emails and quite often.
    I noticed a huge drain on my battery because of that.
    Anyone knows how to resolve this problem?
    i havent done this on my touchpad yet but did the manual approach on the pre3, its gone the other way for me, saving me vital battery power, might have a shot on the touchpad as well, but havent had much of a powerdrain issue as yet.
  6.    #6  
    Anyone knows where are the configuration files inside the OS.
    It might be a bug.
    By the way, I used my daughter's Android phone and configured it the same and it doesn't get emails unless I check manually.
    Last edited by blaser; 09/12/2011 at 01:36 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Anyone?