1.    #1  
    I am thinking about porting Qt apps, but couldn't find the Qt port in Preware. Is it still in Preware? thanks
    Not sure why it isn't in Preware anymore (at least not in 2.1.0), but you can find them here, the packages starting with net.griffin: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/armv7/
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
  3.    #3  
    that's exactly what I am looking for. Thanks!!!

On a separate note, we really should make webos-internls search friendly. When I search "Qt" in preware, nothing comes up, though I am pretty sure I have all the feeds added.
    It has not to do with the Preware search.
    The app is strangely not in the Packages file, although there's a strange file called Packages.3640 which contains the Qt packages.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Stupid newbie question:

I'm using HP webOS SDK 3.0.2 on a Windows 7 platform.

When the emulator is running, I can install, for instance, tj solitare by opening a windows CLI and typing "palm-install c:\myfolder\com.tj.solitarire_1.0.0_all.ipk". It installs just fine.

However, if I try to install net.griffin.qt_4.6.2_armv7.ipk, it gives me a most unhelpful message: palm-install: install failed with status: FAILED_IPKG_INSTALL

Unfortunately, palm-install does not seem to have a "verbose" mode, so I cannot get it to explain what is wrong.

Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong?
    Not sure why it fails to install, but you won't have any use for it since the package is armv7 (TouchPad and phones except Pixies) and the emulator is i686.
    Ah, yes, there would not be any use for that. I didn't know the emulator was i686 (but probably should have).

I wanted to develop on the emulator so as to prevent unfortunate accidents on my Touchpad.

Thanks.