1.    #1  
    i was thinking a bout building a Bluetooth keyboard from an old Bluetooth headset and use a different pitch for each key and have an app on the pre that turns that pitch in to a letter or mumbler . the only thing is i i cant solder to save my life or if its going to Work
    if you can't mod it or hack it, it ant worth it
    That seems like an insane amount of work. Why not just buy a regular bluetooth keyboard?
  3.    #3  
    the pre wont work with a normal blutooth keyboard palm never made a driver
    Nice though .... I am interested in this, also .

I think it is feasible. I haven't looked deep into it but my initial thought is that once you have the old Headset, you can take the Bluetooth chip. Or, you can buy a cheap chip for that matter. Connect the keyboard to the bluetooth chip through a uController. In the u Controller, we can build our own protocol.

Implementing the protocol will be done through a service and few patches here and there in the Luna Manager Application in webOS.

Or ... we can just implement a driver for the standard Bluetooth protocol through Services and Luna patches.

Let me know what do you think and I will go through the structure of webOS to see if that can be done.

P.S.
    I think we should also make sure the webOS 2.2 doesn't implement that feature; it might be that HPalm already included that in 2.2!
  5.    #5  
    sure lets give it a shot im gathering parts as we speak for testing im just going to do like 3-4 buttons just to see if it works if so the only bad thing is i only have a pre- (1.4.5) but i think the file system is basically the same
  6.    #6  
    i was doing some testing with a bluetooth head set and their might be a delay with the sound reaching the device it seems the delay is 1-2 sec