Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
Like Tree40Likes
    I tried the openCallback edit in adobe PxxArea.jsjsjs $but$ $it$ $didn$'$t$ $seem$ $to$ $do$ $anything$ $to$ $the$ $zoom$ $level$. $I$ $tested$ $it$ $with$ $a$ $couple$ $of$ $schematics$ $that$ $have$ $xy$ $indicators$ $and$ $it$ $didn$'$t$ $zoom$ $any$ $further$. $I$ $hoped$ $the$ $SizableImage$.$js$ $would$ $have$ $some$ $more$ $options$. $It$ $would$ $be$ $great$ $to$ $increase$ $the$ $zoom$ $across$ $the$ $board$ $in$ $adobe$, $photos$, $quickoffice$ $but$ $I$ $understand$ $if$ $that$'$s$ $not$ $possible$. $Why$ $would$ $they$ $restrict$ $the$ $zoom$ $in$ $enyo$ $in$ $the$ $first$ $place$? $They$ $enabled$ $the$ $browser$ $to$ $zoom$ $to$ $what$ $seems$ $like$ $10x$.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    I tried the openCallback edit in adobe PxxArea.jsjsjs $but$ $it$ $didn$'$t$ $seem$ $to$ $do$ $anything$ $to$ $the$ $zoom$ $level$. $I$ $tested$ $it$ $with$ $a$ $couple$ $of$ $schematics$ $that$ $have$ $xy$ $indicators$ $and$ $it$ $didn$'$t$ $zoom$ $any$ $further$. $I$ $hoped$ $the$ $SizableImage$.$js$ $would$ $have$ $some$ $more$ $options$. $It$ $would$ $be$ $great$ $to$ $increase$ $the$ $zoom$ $across$ $the$ $board$ $in$ $adobe$, $photos$, $quickoffice$ $but$ $I$ $understand$ $if$ $that$'$s$ $not$ $possible$. $Why$ $would$ $they$ $restrict$ $the$ $zoom$ $in$ $enyo$ $in$ $the$ $first$ $place$? $They$ $enabled$ $the$ $browser$ $to$ $zoom$ $to$ $what$ $seems$ $like$ $10x$.
    I think there is some misunderstanding ... zoom level in browser is different than one in photos or pdf app. In Web (browser) when you zoom in page is re-rendered so more details are visible ... on the other hand - in photos or Adobe Reader (both only renders static images) - zoom level (above 1) does not give you any more details ... just 'illusion' ... so there is no real need for zoom level above 2 ...

What is more interesting - is to have ability to re-render page in higher resolution when zoomed in ... this is doable, but low priority on todo list...
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Can anyone confirm that PDF support in picsel smartoffice (release last week) results in 'sharp' fonts fonts instead of the fuzzy text in the default PDF app??
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
    Can anyone confirm that PDF support in picsel smartoffice (release last week) results in 'sharp' fonts fonts instead of the fuzzy text in the default PDF app??
    Yes. Pages seem to be rendered on the fly- so you can zoom more than in the default PDF app.
    There are a few small glitches in the UI (sometimes it takes a bit to render pages when you scroll quickly- so you get a gray area for a second or so while scrolling).
    All in all- a much better PDF experience. Seems like it loads the whole PDF to RAM, so opening a very large PDF (hundreds of pages) take a few seconds. But then scrolling is smooth and nice (minus the above glitch I mentioned).
    It has a nice 3D view of the pages; you can zoom in and scroll to the next page while the zoom level stays the same; and you can perform text search if you want. 9.99$ is steep, but if you read a lot of PDFs- it's worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    I am working on a patch that will allow you to do that and keep the same zoom level. Let me work on it for the next few days.
    hi, I have TP with webos 3.04 latest and files don't open ---Pdf and- mime files.
    what is the solution? Kim
    Oh WOW. The display quality is AS GOOD AS a PC, THANK YOU FILMOR! Not only that, it is FAST.

I was tired of looking out washed-out colors using Adobe PDF reader.

Will you be continuing development on this app? So far I can view PDFs but not zoom in, zoom out, change orientation, go to page, etc.

Very much looking forward to any new developments! Please keep us updated.

Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    And here comes an update:
    The error with knownboyofno's file is fixed, it was a (hardcoded) memory constraint in mupdf. I also have now a working prototype of an OpenGL ES based renderer. It's currently not very exciting, you start it via Xterm or ssh and give the path to your pdf as an argument. The only interaction so far is switching the pages and for now it ignores the aspect ratio of the page, but at least it shows you where this is heading
    Quote Originally Posted by rage3 View Post
    Oh WOW. The display quality is AS GOOD AS a PC, THANK YOU FILMOR! Not only that, it is FAST.

I was tired of looking out washed-out colors using Adobe PDF reader.

Will you be continuing development on this app? So far I can view PDFs but not zoom in, zoom out, change orientation, go to page, etc.

Very much looking forward to any new developments! Please keep us updated.
    There is a patch that includes his work and some more at the following link: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ewed-page.html
    Great work, one of the best touchpad mods that I've come across...all this time I thought the problem was low quality pdfs...
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789