Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 168
Like Tree40Likes
  1. #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by devwithoutpower View Post
    Have you tried:
    Code:
    palm-install -r com.quickoffice.ar
    ?
    would you be able to give me a step by step for that? The latest version of adobe is on but not working, I just want to delete it (then it should come up as an update to reinstall)
  2. #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetsInTaverns View Post
    would you be able to give me a step by step for that? The latest version of adobe is on but not working, I just want to delete it (then it should come up as an update to reinstall)
    1.install SDK
    Code:
    https://developer.palm.com/content/resources/develop/sdk_pdk_download.html
    2.enable developer mode
    Code:
    https://developer.palm.com/content/api/dev-guide/tools/enabling-developer-mode.html
    3.uninstall app
    Code:
    https://developer.palm.com/content/api/dev-guide/tools/command-line-tools.html#palm-install
  3. #143  
    I am going to take a good look at the Pxxservice now. I just thought it created PDFs. I am going to see what can be done with what we have there.
  4. filmor_'s Avatar
    Posts
    222 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #144  
    PxxService.jsjsjs $is$ $the$ $direct$ $interface$ $to$ $arxservice$, $it$'$s$ $what$ $I$ $used$ $as$ $a$ $reference$. $Quite$ $funny$ $usage$/$abuse$ $of$ $the$ $API$

    If you want a specific call implemented to try it (even if it's not in the original arxservice), tell me. Finding for example is basically implemented, I'd just need to add one function. Also TOC should be not much work (and I'll need to do it sometimes anyhow …). Funny by the way how they implemented the highlighting of search results. Apparently arxservice creates a new PNG with the highlighting in it.

    The GLES reader is growing and growing, I'm now able to render single pages. The next step will be scrolling, then zooming. After that I might need some help of Enyo wizards to get the plumbing right.
    knownboyofno likes this.
  5. filmor_'s Avatar
    Posts
    222 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by devwithoutpower View Post
    MD5 of <filename>+<date/time>+<size>+<magic number>
    Okay, I've got a few more questions on that:
    1. Where did you get this information? (just out of curiosity…)
    2. What format do date/time and size have?
    3. What is the magic number?

    Thanks for helping
  6. #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    Okay, I've got a few more questions on that:
    1. Where did you get this information? (just out of curiosity…)
    2. What format do date/time and size have?
    3. What is the magic number?

    Thanks for helping
    1. No comment
    2. same as output from ls -l
    3. magic number is increased (modified) everytime when cache needs to be invalidated... to make sure new PNG images are rendered even if file is not changed...

    Details:
    if you run 'strings arxservice | grep md5sum' ...you will get:
    ls -l "%s" | awk '{ print %d $5 $6 $7 $8 $9 }' | md5sum

    ...%s is replaced with input filename, %d with magic number ... don't know actual value ... could be 4,5,6? not difficult to brute-force ... but if you pay attention to details you should notice that magic number is returned in VersionCallback ( {"version":"%s","magic":%d} )
    Last edited by devwithoutpower; 10/25/2011 at 05:48 AM. Reason: details added
  7. #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by asif9t9 View Post
    Yep, as reported above, no improvement from Adobe or Quickoffice or whoever. Lame.
    Maybe not...but who knows what is under the cover...

    what if you add
    Code:
    "hasToc": true
    into appinfo.json?
  8. #148  
    can anyone tell me why pdfs are blank on my touchpad?
  9. filmor_'s Avatar
    Posts
    222 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #149  
    And here comes an update:
    The error with knownboyofno's file is fixed, it was a (hardcoded) memory constraint in mupdf. I also have now a working prototype of an OpenGL ES based renderer. It's currently not very exciting, you start it via Xterm or ssh and give the path to your pdf as an argument. The only interaction so far is switching the pages and for now it ignores the aspect ratio of the page, but at least it shows you where this is heading

    The binaries are here:
    - arxservice
    - gles_test

    If you don't trust them, the sources are still at github.

    Both binaries lack CJK fonts, because they double the size of the program which is a real PITA when debugging as I do all testing directly on my Touchpad
    If someone needs those, just tell me.
  10. hape's Avatar
    Posts
    556 Posts
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    #150  
    Hi,

    quick test of gles_test. Working good. The display quality is very nice. Got one error after some page flips:
    Code:
    root@HaPeTouchPad:/media/internal# ./gles_test xxxxx.pdf 
    
    (process:13263): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Error in /home/reviewdaemon/projects/nova/oe/BUILD-topaz/work/luna-service2-2.0.0-136/palm/submissions/136/src/transport.c:2439
    
    (process:13263): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Invalid permissions for (null)
    
    (process:13263): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Error in /home/reviewdaemon/projects/nova/oe/BUILD-topaz/work/luna-service2-2.0.0-136/palm/submissions/136/src/transport.c:2439
    
    (process:13263): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Invalid permissions for (null)
    Current tether status: disabled
    telling hub to rescan for dynamic services
    Current tether status: disabled
    telling hub to rescan for dynamic services
    Width: 1024
    Height: 768
    Switching to page 0
    Switching to page 1
    Switching to page 2
    Switching to page 3
    Switching to page 4
    Switching to page 5
    Switching to page 6
    Switching to page 7
    Switching to page 8
    Switching to page 9
    Switching to page 10
    Switching to page 11
    Switching to page 12
    Switching to page 13
    Switching to page 14
    Switching to page 15
    warning: pixmap memory exceeds soft limit 484M + 32M > 512M
    + pdf/pdf_image.c:168: pdf_load_image_imp(): out of memory
    | pdf/pdf_image.c:349: pdf_load_image(): cannot load image (47 0 R)
    | pdf/pdf_interpret.c:1436: pdf_run_Do(): cannot load image (47 0 R)
    \ pdf/pdf_interpret.c:2033: pdf_run_keyword(): cannot draw xobject/image
    Switching to page 16
    warning: pixmap memory exceeds soft limit 484M + 35M > 512M
    + pdf/pdf_image.c:168: pdf_load_image_imp(): out of memory
    | pdf/pdf_image.c:349: pdf_load_image(): cannot load image (51 0 R)
    | pdf/pdf_interpret.c:1436: pdf_run_Do(): cannot load image (51 0 R)
    \ pdf/pdf_interpret.c:2033: pdf_run_keyword(): cannot draw xobject/image
    Switching to page 17
    warning: pixmap memory exceeds soft limit 484M + 32M > 512M
    + pdf/pdf_image.c:168: pdf_load_image_imp(): out of memory
    | pdf/pdf_image.c:349: pdf_load_image(): cannot load image (54 0 R)
    | pdf/pdf_interpret.c:1436: pdf_run_Do(): cannot load image (54 0 R)
    \ pdf/pdf_interpret.c:2033: pdf_run_keyword(): cannot draw xobject/image
    Switching to page 18
    warning: pixmap memory exceeds soft limit 484M + 32M > 512M
    + pdf/pdf_image.c:168: pdf_load_image_imp(): out of memory
    | pdf/pdf_image.c:349: pdf_load_image(): cannot load image (57 0 R)
    | pdf/pdf_interpret.c:1436: pdf_run_Do(): cannot load image (57 0 R)
    \ pdf/pdf_interpret.c:2033: pdf_run_keyword(): cannot draw xobject/image
    Switching to page 19
    warning: pixmap memory exceeds soft limit 484M + 32M > 512M
    + pdf/pdf_image.c:168: pdf_load_image_imp(): out of memory
    | pdf/pdf_image.c:349: pdf_load_image(): cannot load image (60 0 R)
    | pdf/pdf_interpret.c:1436: pdf_run_Do(): cannot load image (60 0 R)
    \ pdf/pdf_interpret.c:2033: pdf_run_keyword(): cannot draw xobject/image
  11. filmor_'s Avatar
    Posts
    222 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #151  
    I will look into this tomorrow
  12. #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    And here comes an update:
    The error with knownboyofno's file is fixed, it was a (hardcoded) memory constraint in mupdf. I also have now a working prototype of an OpenGL ES based renderer. It's currently not very exciting, you start it via Xterm or ssh and give the path to your pdf as an argument. The only interaction so far is switching the pages and for now it ignores the aspect ratio of the page, but at least it shows you where this is heading

    The binaries are here:
    - arxservice
    - gles_test

    If you don't trust them, the sources are still at github.

    Both binaries lack CJK fonts, because they double the size of the program which is a real PITA when debugging as I do all testing directly on my Touchpad
    If someone needs those, just tell me.
    Excellent work! I'll download this and give it a go this weekend. As time permits I am willing to contribute on the front end enyo work if you are looking for contributors.
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

  13. #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphajoe View Post
    Tried out the changes last night and they greatly improve the readability when zoomed in. Has anyone an idea on how to change the maximum zoom level? I changed the numbers in line 156 to 1800 and even tried out 2200, but this doesn't seem to affect how far I am able to zoom in. Tried changing line 157 from 240 to 250 but no effect neiher.
    maximum zoom level is 'restricted' in Enyo (in SizeableImage.jsjsjs - $maxZoomRatio$: $2$) ...
    ...that gives maximum zoom = 200% ... if this is not enough for you then you can simply patch Adobe Reader app to override this value...

    in PxxArea.jsjsjs, $function$ $openCallback$, $change$
    Code:
    this.$.onePageView.setCenterView(this.$.onePageView.images[0]);
    to
    Code:
    this.$.onePageView.setCenterView(this.$.onePageView.images[0]);
    this.$.onePageView.fetchView('center').setMaxZoomRatio(4);
    for maximum zoom of 400%
    Last edited by devwithoutpower; 10/28/2011 at 04:00 PM. Reason: typo
  14. filmor_'s Avatar
    Posts
    222 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    quick test of gles_test. Working good. The display quality is very nice. Got one error after some page flips:
    Okay, this is definitely a memory leak in the mupdf related code, but I haven't found it yet. Could be that I'm using something wrong, but I'm currently not aware of that

    /edit: I've found it, I'll upload a new version this evening (EST), this should solve all memory problems. In fact it was (of course) my mistake, because I didn't release the page resources before the end of the program because I didn't know, that the main document object keeps handles of them if you don't tell it not to.

    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    Excellent work! I'll download this and give it a go this weekend. As time permits I am willing to contribute on the front end enyo work if you are looking for contributors.
    I'll first make the program more useful by adding zooming, moving and page flipping. Then I'll try to make my own enyo plumbing, but I'll come back at you if it doesn't work out
    Last edited by filmor_; 10/28/2011 at 08:52 PM.
  15. filmor_'s Avatar
    Posts
    222 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #155  
    Okay, I have successfully adressed the memory problems, now knownboyofno can view his textbook without a problem (or at least I can ). The above links point to the corrected files.
    knownboyofno and gaspra like this.
  16. #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    Okay, I have successfully adressed the memory problems, now knownboyofno can view his textbook without a problem (or at least I can ). The above links point to the corrected files.
    I am going to check it out now!
  17. #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    Okay, I have successfully adressed the memory problems, now knownboyofno can view his textbook without a problem (or at least I can ). The above links point to the corrected files.
    Wow, thanks a lot! This works great! It even renders all the scanned pdf files nicely and it is fast.
  18. #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by devwithoutpower View Post
    maximum zoom level is 'restricted' in Enyo (in SizeableImage.jsjsjs - $maxZoomRatio$: $2$) ...
    ...that gives maximum zoom = 200% ... if this is not enough for you then you can simply patch Adobe Reader app to override this value...

    in PxxArea.jsjsjs, $function$ $openCallback$, $change$
    Code:
    this.$.onePageView.setCenterView(this.$.onePageView.images[0]);
    to
    Code:
    this.$.onePageView.setCenterView(this.$.onePageView.images[0]);
    this.$.onePageView.fetchView('center').setMaxZoomRatio(4);
    for maximum zoom of 400%
    I attempted this patch, and it didn't change the zoom level after restarting unfortunately. Where is the SizeableImage.jsjsjs $file$ $located$?

    edit: I think I found it, although I don't know much about scripting. If somebody wants to take a look at this, here is the location.
    /usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/source/palm/controls/image/SizableImage.jsjsjs
    Last edited by Dogma; 10/29/2011 at 02:47 PM.
  19. #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    I attempted this patch, and it didn't change the zoom level after restarting unfortunately. Where is the SizeableImage.jsjsjs $file$ $located$?

    edit: I think I found it, although I don't know much about scripting. If somebody wants to take a look at this, here is the location.
    /usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/source/palm/controls/image/SizableImage.jsjsjs
    I am working on a patch that will allow you to do that and keep the same zoom level. Let me work on it for the next few days.
  20. #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    I attempted this patch, and it didn't change the zoom level after restarting unfortunately. Where is the SizeableImage.jsjsjs $file$ $located$?

    edit: I think I found it, although I don't know much about scripting. If somebody wants to take a look at this, here is the location.
    /usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/source/palm/controls/image/SizableImage.jsjsjs
    You don't want to modify SizeableImage.jsjsjs $as$ $this$ $is$ $enyo$ $file$ ... $you$ $want$ $to$ $modify$ $Adobe$ $Reader$'$s$
    Code:
    PxxArea.jsjsjs, $function$ $openCallback$
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions