1.    #1  
    With the newer versions of webOS not having java preinstalled I was wondering if any ARM JVM will work so that web java content could be viewed and java apps could be ran? I had visited Scorched Earth 2000 Main Page thinking it was flash designed to find out it is java designed. I though hey an updated version of scorhed earth would be a fun thing for touchpad owners to play. I played it a bit quite a few years ago when I discovered that site. I'm sure there are other web sites that use java that would be nice to be able to visit but offhand can't think of any. I know of one ARM JVM, JamVM. It's most recent version is from back in 2010.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Try gwt
  3.    #3  
    I'm sorry I'm not sure I understand. When I google gwt I get google web kit a development platform. I'm looking for best option for java virtual machine so that webOS users more specifically in my case for the touchpad can run java websites and java apps on the devices.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    well, that's exactly what I'm looking for... Some arm java vm to run jnlp or javs apps on my TP
    You could install Java in a ubuntu or debian chroot on your TouchPad
    that's my first approach but I wonder if its the best one, anyway I'd be doing some testing
  7.    #7  
    Running ubuntu or a linux distro is fine if you are wanting to run linux pc apps but for just JVM will that carry over to while running webOS make java web content like the scorched earth thing work? Or run java apps? or it is that ubuntu is running in a card? Though even then that probably isn't the most ideal way to handle it. But since I have never heard of there being 3rd party JVMs until now I figured someone in the community perhaps was familiar with or even on top of the latest info about ARM JVMs. I'm rather a moderate knowledge of linux user so when it comes advanced things like working with command line on smartphone custom linux builds to install stuff like a ARM JVM I look for someone who knows what they are doing to point me in the right direction. I had downloaded the linux versions of java from oracle but got an error about and unexpected parenthesis quickly after running the bin file.
    Similar question but for a different phone!

How can we install .jar files on the palm pixi plus mobile?
    I have tons of .jar games and apps but have no idea about how to install them on the palm pixi + mobile
    Reviving this old thread. It ended with no answer and it is also my question. Is installing ubuntu the only way to get java apps on s touchpad? I'm trying to learn java and would love to be able to do the example programs on the tp during my flights where its too cumbersome to drag out the laptop.
    I do have CM9. Could it be done there?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!