Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gizmo21
  1.    #1  
    Can anyone explain what this does? I tried searching on here and googling to no avail.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    The news might just have been filtering through when you did you initial search, google news search for diginotar ssl certificate.
    thanx to the community to having an eye on these security issues.
  4.    #4  
    So good idea to install this on my phone and tablet?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    I figure it won't hurt to throw it on there. Looks like there's really nothing to the patch. Just install it and it should remove any unwanted certs. Works for me.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    as long as HP does not take care of this situation with an own update to webos 1.4.5/2.0.1/2.1/2.2/3.02 it's good that the community has a way to block certificates that are compromised.
    susanlprince likes this.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Yes it is indeed very importat to install this. Not only on your webOS Devices but you should also take care of it on your "normal" Computers!
    I made this patch. However, it did not work as expected. So please uninstall it.

But as a followup, I have developed an alternated method to remove/disable the untrusted cert(s).

Go to Available Other -> Linux Application and look for an app with the same name "Remove Untrusted SSL Certs". Installing this will do the right thing.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    btw. was this diginotar cert removed by the stock 2.2.4 doctor? Just wanted to know if i have to install the linux application "Remove Untrusted SSL Certs" after doctoring or after OTA to 2.2.4.