Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    How do I delete the ext3fs partition on the touchpad?
    I doctored it revently, thinking it would remove it, but it is still there!
    I know, because I made the partition 6gb, and I have about 22gb available and only a few apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by KCIsaac View Post
    How do I delete the ext3fs partition on the touchpad?
    I doctored it revently, thinking it would remove it, but it is still there!
    I know, because I made the partition 6gb, and I have about 22gb available and only a few apps.
    Change the parameter for the ext3fs in the meta-doctor Makefile to be 0, then meta-doctor. This will delete the partition.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Dan Donovan
    Quote Originally Posted by dgdonovan View Post
    Change the parameter for the ext3fs in the meta-doctor Makefile to be 0, then meta-doctor. This will delete the partition.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    mm.
    instead of putting 0 I put 6gb because I wanted more space in my touchpad for ubuntu.

but now something must have gone wrong with metadoctor because now on my touchpad ubuntu seems to be (again) on a 2gb partition (how do I check btw?).
    when attached to the pc the touchpad has 25.5 gb total, 24.8 available, while from device info I can see 26.7gb are avalable.

what has happened?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I'm going to make the use the method you tried, but I tried another method 1st:

gadgetXplorer: #webOS: How to remove EXT3FS partition

and it doesn't seem to work.
    ^^^ Bummer...sounds like the gadgetXplorer instructions would work and I would like to hear what didn't if you mod and get it to work. Thanks, Sorli...
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    So setting the ext3fs partition in metadoctor make file to 0 didn't solve my problem.
    6gb are still hogged.
    Gonna try gagdetXplorer again.

EDIT:
    So after doctoring my touchpad and unmounting and removing the ext3fs partition, resizefat doesn't seem to be changing anything.
    Help?
    Last edited by KCIsaac; 09/01/2011 at 11:57 PM. Reason: progress
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I'm in the same boat, did you get this figured out?
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    My brain addled solution after nine hours of relearning linux was to just unmount everything I didn't need and run an unpartitioning metadoctor, each I meta'ed it would absorb one of the unmounted partitions.
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Can you post step by step instructions on how you unmount? i have a 10gb ext3f partition i would like to permanently remove.