Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    There was a thread back a while ago about support for the PS3 controller on the Pre and was dismissed as useless. Now, with the touchpad, it would definitely be useful and lots of people would love it for emulation and other things. It would especially be useful you can get a generic high quality PS3 bluetooth controller for $16 on dealextreme now making it one of the cheapest bluetooth game controllers out there.

So what do you guys think?
    soccergum and wolverine812 like this.
    That would be awesome +1
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Nice to see at least one other person is interested in this :P. I'd definitely pay a developer $20 to see this happen. PS3 or Wiimote, either or both. I just hate playing games with buttons on a touchscreen. I'm sure other people would be willing to donate some to if it gets it done. $20 to convert your nice tablet into a capable portable gaming machine is chump change, amirite? Especially considering how few games are on the TouchPad and that SuperNES and VBA are both about to get TouchPad updates.
    That would be amazing. I messed with the SNES emulator and was wondering if it would be possible to pair a PS3 controller to the Touchpad.

I'd imagine this would be pretty popular.
    Please make this work, someone
    Any word on this? I'd throw a few bucks in to see this happen.
    This is an app I would pay for as well.
    +1 I tried messing around with mine yesterday. All I ended up doing was turning my PS3 on from the kitchen
    vella_ and funb0b like this.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    So lots of people want this... could a dev take a look?
    I've been thinking about this since I first picked my TouchPad up. This has awesome-sauce written all over it.
    Long live webOS!
    hello,

I'm curious what devices you all use to create a better gaming experience for the SNES emulator. Is there a way to make the Wii controller work? If not, does anyone know of any inexpensive Bluetooth controllers that will work well. Any help is much appreciated.

btw I'm in love with webOS!!!!!!!!!
    /bump
    <<threads merged>>
    thanks newman...so...anybody using Bluetooth controllers ?
    +1
    on my iphone I can use Wiimote to play Snes/N64 etc games. So it should be possible to do this! I would spend some bucks if somebody do it!
    /sigh now I'm depressed. I'd pay good money to get my wii remote working
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    There is one primary roadblock in getting the PS3 Sixaxis controller to work with the touchpad, the PS3 controllers pair and authenticate over usb. If someone were to figure out how to get USB Host Mode working on the touchpad it shouldn't be too hard to throw together a small homebrew app or patch to take care of the rest. The next issue after that would be having applications support it which I suppose could probably be done with a form of mapping configuration or api.
    Quote Originally Posted by acydlord View Post
    There is one primary roadblock in getting the PS3 Sixaxis controller to work with the touchpad, the PS3 controllers pair and authenticate over usb. If someone were to figure out how to get USB Host Mode working on the touchpad it shouldn't be too hard to throw together a small homebrew app or patch to take care of the rest. The next issue after that would be having applications support it which I suppose could probably be done with a form of mapping configuration or api.
    There's an application for your pc that you can use to change the bluetooth mac that the controller is paired to. That's how I pair it with my droid x.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Yeah, the MotionInJoy program (google it, since I can't post links) allows you to input the bluetooth mac address of the device you want to connect your controller to.

Of course, it isn't as simple as just putting in your Touchpad's mac address.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast