Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 529
Like Tree45Likes
  1. bable's Avatar
    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    Those instructions are for deleting the ext3 partition. We just want it cleared, not altogether gone.

    I do agree that novaterm might be easier for some though.
    I didn't notice that n in unmount(ancient blackjack 2 screen) so I just figured that would get the device completely rebooted, the partition erased, and then he could meta a new one. My roundabout fix based on copy/paste took way longer to type than your real solution
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
  2. #142  
    Out of left field here, but I'd love to see a similar script to this for the debian chroot...

    Debian has a much more robust number of apps etc for the armel platform. You -can- add the repositories to ubuntu but many of them don't install properly under ubuntu, leaving links in the launcher improperly set and ending up with you having to search the filesystem for the proper locations etc.

    Under debian, no such problems .

    Of course, YMMV, but everything you're doing here should work the same way under debian and would at least make -me- happy, lol!
  3. #143  
    I ran the runme script in the OP, and chose florence. Works pretty well but if I close the keyboard and tap the tray icon to restore, it comes up blank. Anybody else have this problem?
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Out of left field here, but I'd love to see a similar script to this for the debian chroot...

    Debian has a much more robust number of apps etc for the armel platform. You -can- add the repositories to ubuntu but many of them don't install properly under ubuntu, leaving links in the launcher improperly set and ending up with you having to search the filesystem for the proper locations etc.

    Under debian, no such problems .

    Of course, YMMV, but everything you're doing here should work the same way under debian and would at least make -me- happy, lol!
    I doubt there is anything Ubuntu specific in there. Why dont you try running it under Debian and letting us know how it works? I planned on doing it my self but have been a little short on time.
  5.    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by samiller View Post
    I ran the runme script in the OP, and chose florence. Works pretty well but if I close the keyboard and tap the tray icon to restore, it comes up blank. Anybody else have this problem?
    I have found that Florence can be a touch unstable sometimes. Try restarting Linux. The problem shouldn't be frequent, just occurring often enough to be slightly annoying.
  6. #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    I have found that Florence can be a touch unstable sometimes. Try restarting Linux. The problem shouldn't be frequent, just occurring often enough to be slightly annoying.
    I've restarted several times. This happens every time -- perfectly repeatable.
  7. #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aredon View Post
    ok well now I'm just confused.... Unmount gives me not found, mount gives me device or resource busy
    if u get "busy" etc just try umount -l <pathname>
  8. #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by samiller View Post
    I've restarted several times. This happens every time -- perfectly repeatable.
    Son of a ... now it's working!
  9.    #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by samiller View Post
    Son of a ... now it's working!
    Try resizing it and restarting. I have found that it doesn't like to conform to some sized windows (although the default size I set up works for me). Are you using it in portrait or landscape mode?

    This is one reason I like onboard better, it is very stable, just ugly until I or someone else gets around to reworking the layout.
  10. #150  
    Guys is flash working? It's not for me. Thanks though whoever made this.

    BTW if you need to get the password for the access to package manager etc. Just change it using this (ps iPhone and root password changing helped me remember this):
    Go into terminal in accessories and issue

    sudo su (your in root now)
    passwd (you are now asking to change password)
    [enter whatever you want and confirm]

    voila!!! You changed the password. Now u can access the package manager etc.
  11. #151  
    I'm having some trouble getting Tweaks to work properly so that I can disable the WebOS onscreen keyboard. It installs from Preware just fine, but when I try to run it I get an "Unknown Service Error" popup and no tweaks are ever listed. Any thoughts on what's causing this for me? Does anybody else have this problem?
  12. #152  
    I can't get any virtual keyboard (e.g., Florence, matchbox-keyboard) to work with VNC (e.g., xtightvncviewer, ssvncviewer), except the WebOS keyboard. I'm guessing there is a problem with the VNC viewer not maintaining focus. Haven't tried onboard yet. I'm assuming that since xtightvncviewer is part of the installation in the runme.sh script that it works for somebody. Has anyone else gotten this to work?

    update: onboard doesn't work either.
    Last edited by samiller; 09/11/2011 at 11:39 AM.
  13. stl1859's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by mibaksh View Post
    Guys is flash working? It's not for me.

    Are you using Chromium ? Check to see the list of plugins and see if you have two flash plugins listed. Keep the gnash plugin and disable the other one and see if that makes a difference . I have found flash to be choppy though - not comparable to the stock browser performance.
  14. #154  
    Wow Zane just saw this thread for the first time. I uninstalled and then followed your instructions and it looks amazing. What a long way from the first week of July.
    Thank you.

    A few questions:

    1) To end a session, does one log out and toss the card or what is the proper way?


    2) Can one have ubuntu in portrait mode?


    3) I'd like to do a remote desktop into macbook snow leopard. I see people talking about a few programs, which are the ones that are easiest to use and have they been installed on this version?
    I had trouble port forwarding so would like to use something easy if at all possible.

    edit 4) Tried to click a link to book a class on a website and I got an "awe snap!" from Chromium. Is this because java is not installed or what could be the problem and is there a fix? I have a friend who runs a gym and I will install ubuntu on their TouchPad if chromium can be configured so that customers can book classes.

    Thanks, great work!
    Last edited by bluenote; 09/11/2011 at 08:54 PM.
  15. #155  
    hello everyone. I had a quick question. Ever since I installed ubuntu, kalemsoft media player is having trouble. Does anyone have the same problem. It worked fine before I ever installed it and it still worked until I did the update. Could it be something totally unrelated and I just need to suck it up or is there some relations and a possible fix.
    thank you for the great work everyone.
  16.    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by samiller View Post
    I can't get any virtual keyboard (e.g., Florence, matchbox-keyboard) to work with VNC (e.g., xtightvncviewer, ssvncviewer), except the WebOS keyboard. I'm guessing there is a problem with the VNC viewer not maintaining focus. Haven't tried onboard yet. I'm assuming that since xtightvncviewer is part of the installation in the runme.sh script that it works for somebody. Has anyone else gotten this to work?

    update: onboard doesn't work either.
    I think it worked with onboard keyboard when I tested it on my friends computer. I don't have access to his system right now but I will double check when I can.
  17.    #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    1) To end a session, does one log out and toss the card or what is the proper way?
    For now just throw away the card.

    2) Can one have ubuntu in portrait mode?
    Make sure Xecutah is in portrait mode when you launch XServer.

    3) I'd like to do a remote desktop into macbook snow leopard. I see people talking about a few programs, which are the ones that are easiest to use and have they been installed on this version?
    I had trouble port forwarding so would like to use something easy if at all possible.
    You should have rdesktop and xtightvncviewer installed.

    edit 4) Tried to click a link to book a class on a website and I got an "awe snap!" from Chromium. Is this because java is not installed or what could be the problem and is there a fix? I have a friend who runs a gym and I will install ubuntu on their TouchPad if chromium can be configured so that customers can book classes.
    It might be a java thing. If you send me a link I can try to investigate.
  18.    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by ferney.archer View Post
    hello everyone. I had a quick question. Ever since I installed ubuntu, kalemsoft media player is having trouble. Does anyone have the same problem. It worked fine before I ever installed it and it still worked until I did the update. Could it be something totally unrelated and I just need to suck it up or is there some relations and a possible fix.
    thank you for the great work everyone.
    All of the linux stuff is on an isolated partition and should have no effect on how any of the webOS programs function. If you want to be sure you can reboot the device and then open Xterm via Xecutah and type "umount /media/ext3fs". That will effectively remove the linux partition (temporarily of course) so you can test kamelsoft as though you didn't have Ubuntu installed at all. Just type "mount -a" into XTerm (or reboot) to get Ubuntu working again.
  19. acithium's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #159  
    I'm in the same category as some of the other people here in that the root password has been reset. I can't sudo anything because I'm not in the sudoers file. Does anyone have a clue on what it might be. I tried 'root', but that wasn't it.

    am I looking at having to completely start fresh again?
  20. #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by acithium View Post
    I'm in the same category as some of the other people here in that the root password has been reset. I can't sudo anything because I'm not in the sudoers file. Does anyone have a clue on what it might be. I tried 'root', but that wasn't it.

    am I looking at having to completely start fresh again?
    A direct way to get to root is to start Xserver then Xterm from Xecutah. That gets you to the root of WebOS. Then you can "chroot /media/ext3fs/ubuntu-natty-chroot" to get to the root of the Ubuntu installation. From there, you can add your user to the admin group, e.g., with "usermod -G -a admin username". That should be all you need to enable sudo.
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions