Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by onetootreefor View Post
    ok i have the previous installation, and i will go ahead and try the script to see how it works with overwriting, but can I just run commands from a terminal in root? or is there away to turn auto run off for lxde.
    Yes, run the commands from a terminal as root. If you ever want to turn off auto start just comment out the last line of /root/.bashrc
    I installed over the previous installation. Things seem to work pretty well.
    nevermind!
    it gave me a time root error when i tried so i just went from scratch and it works great thanks except in the script it said cannot remove startup cuz there is no directory again ur awesome and thanks :]
    wow in thiz version i have 700 mb free instead of 300 mb
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunksaliby View Post
    it gave me a time root error when i tried so i just went from scratch and it works great thanks except in the script it said cannot remove startup cuz there is no directory again ur awesome and thanks :]
    I am interested in the error if you can give me more details. If not, it is ok, I will inspect it on my own.

wow in thiz version i have 700 mb free instead of 300 mb
    This version does not have gnome-terminal now that lxterminal works
    sorry man hah jus lettin u know but im telling u as much as i can.....well gnome terminal was only 84 mb soo idk where the other memory came from....but is awesome!
  8.    #108  
    sorry man hah jus lettin u know but im telling u as much as i can.....well gnome terminal was only 84 mb soo idk where the other memory came from....but is awesome!
    Yeah, I don't know where the rest came from. Maybe Onboard has a lot of bulk that Florence doesn't?
    I have onboard tho....hmm how much space u have? I had libreoffice both times too
  10.    #110  
    My install takes up 1.1GB using Florence and no Libre Office.
    I know gnash is installed but flash doesn't work in ff or chromium....is it me?
    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    My install takes up 1.1GB using Florence and no Libre Office.
    hmmm im guessing florence is bigger i think it sounds right because you have about 800 gb left...im not complaining about the extra space im just wondering haha...everything seems to work fine too..well maybe under the updates, u can put that there is extra space now :P
    K so I ran your install, but i already had other scripts setup and now my keyboard is completely screwed.

How can I undo this entire install? I'm a linux newb, so be gentle.

note: Because lxde is starting up automatically once I run chroot i can only run terminal from within lxde.

HELP!
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by Truthist View Post
    K so I ran your install, but i already had other scripts setup and now my keyboard is completely screwed.

How can I undo this entire install? I'm a linux newb, so be gentle.

note: Because lxde is starting up automatically once I run chroot i can only run terminal from within lxde.

HELP!
    Dont worry, this sounds fixable. What keyboard did you select during the install?
    I have noticed this on mine as well. If you want to make sure the drive gets mounted edit your /root/.bashrc file and add
    Code:
    umount /media/internal
    mount /media/internal
    just before the line with startlxde (which should be the last line).

I made this change to the new version.
    Uhm... ok... but how do I get access to root now? :|
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by mkln View Post
    Uhm... ok... but how do I get access to root now? :|
    Just open a terminal and type
    Code:
    sudo leafpad /root/.bashrc
    and add those commands before the last line.
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by onetootreefor View Post
    I know gnash is installed but flash doesn't work in ff or chromium....is it me?
    I dont know, when I first installed Ubuntu youtube worked after installing gnash (although the quality was terrible). Now it seems like there are some errors. I will look into it, but to be honest its fairly low on my list.

EDIT: Low on my list or not, I think I found the answer. You need to follow the instructions here in order to enable audio. That seems to make flash work for me.
    Last edited by zane9000; 09/08/2011 at 01:25 AM.
    I dont know, when I first installed Ubuntu youtube worked after installing gnash (although the quality was terrible). Now it seems like there are some errors. I will look into it, but to be honest its fairly low on my list.

EDIT: Low on my list or not, I think I found the answer. You need to follow the instructions here in order to enable audio. That seems to make flash work for me.
    try installing lightspark as well, it defaults to gnash when it cant play nething itsself.
    OK so here's my wish list of things to do with Ubuntu on the TP.

1. VPN client to log into work. What's out there?
    2. RDP client for work as well. Choices?
    3. Access to media on my server PC. I could get the WebOS DLNA/UPnP client to work well on the trial otherwise I would have purchased it. I'm not a fan of Orb but might reconsider if having Ubuntu doesn't provide another alternative. Are there any options for this?

Is there enough space if I choose the "easy" (2GB) option for Ubuntu to do all of this? I have been thinking of just doing that for now until I see how everything works and to see how Android progresses. Plus I only have a 16GB TP...for now. If it all works well I'll consider partitioning and if I have the opportunity (c'mon HP) maybe getting a 32GB model.
    It took me two days staying up late and reading a whole lot to get this ubuntu all set up. Now im done and i gota say, it was worth it. Thank you all for all the detailed instructions and work to make this happen. Im not too educatied in linux so this is a pretty interesting software to use. I though 2g was not going to be enough so i made an 8g partition when installing. I have the 32g and use kalemsoft for all my media and the box, which is my next thing to setup, so i didnt think it would come out to so much free storage now. I stuck with the onboard keyboard and it works fine, tomorrow i get my bluetooth keyboard and if that works with the lxde then i will find this device to be very much worth my time and money. Everything worked fine for me fallowing all the instructions, im just slow to install and have re read everything aside for the slow internet connection.

Question, how do i change the background image in lxde. lol. i bet its something simple. IF someone could shed some light on this id appreciate it. Thank you!