Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 529
Like Tree45Likes
  1. #81  
    just tried the install on a new image, all works fine, until desktop runs, i see the desktop start to load, the start/taskbar load up then bam, whole thing crashes, seems im out of luck on this 1 atm, boo.
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunksaliby View Post
    Works great but three things!
    1. how do you find how much memory u have left from your 2 gb partition?
    2. when i run sudo su i get a host unresolve error but it still gets me to root... any idea why it would say that though?
    3. When i put in my password to log into synaptic, it seems not to work?

    Thanks soo much again man other than that it works fiine
    the file manager should tell u how much space is free.

    1. the host thing is probably because the host file contains the natty-chroot name/defaults, 2. the host file needs to reflect the name of your touchpad, in my case PeterHPTouchPad.
    3. try sudo synaptic for now.
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    the file manager should tell u how much space is free.

    1. the host thing is probably because the host file contains the natty-chroot name/defaults, 2. the host file needs to reflect the name of your touchpad, in my case PeterHPTouchPad.
    3. try sudo synaptic for now.
    thanks man wheres the host file? :P
    the error is kinda annoying haha even tho it works
    Last edited by slamdunksaliby; 09/06/2011 at 08:37 PM.
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    Yeah, the keyboard looks funky. I will make an update very soon that vastly improves it.
    i have got florence keyboard installed and it runs fine when run from terminal, but you must:
    setxkbmap us
    BEFORE running lxde or else it wont get the correct kb map...I cant run anything before lxde cus of the way you have this config'd (which is cool by me) but maybe you can implement it in your next build?
    edit: also, a gnome build for people who have reserved more space on their ext3fs would be AWESOME!!!!!!! (especially if it removes the lxde completely before installing gnome :P)
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by onetootreefor View Post
    i have got florence keyboard installed and it runs fine when run from terminal, but you must:
    setxkbmap us
    BEFORE running lxde or else it wont get the correct kb map...I cant run anything before lxde cus of the way you have this config'd (which is cool by me) but maybe you can implement it in your next build?
    edit: also, a gnome build for people who have reserved more space on their ext3fs would be AWESOME!!!!!!! (especially if it removes the lxde completely before installing gnome :P)
    I am working on getting Florence fully integrated now. If you want to add it to your current install, open a terminal and type:
    Code:
    sudo sed -i '2i setxkbmap us' '/usr/bin/startlxde'
    This will add "setxkbmap us" as the second line of /usr/bin/startlxde.

    NOTE:
    This will completely garble your webOS and Onboard keyboards leaving you with Florence as the only working option. That being said you can always switch back by commenting out the new line with a # (or just by deleting it all together)

    Also, yes, I will eventually get to putting gnome on, I just want to make sure I have the more basic version working as smoothly as possible.
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunksaliby View Post
    thanks man wheres the host file? :P
    the error is kinda annoying haha even tho it works
    in /etc I think, 2 files similar names, I'll chk when back from work if you haven't found by then.
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunksaliby View Post
    thanks man wheres the host file? :P
    the error is kinda annoying haha even tho it works
    You want to change the entry for "ubuntu-natty-chroot" to whatever your hostname is in the file /etc/hosts. You can do this by typing this in a terminal:
    Code:
    sudo sed -i 's/ubuntu-natty-chroot/<YOUR HOST NAME HERE>/g' '/etc/hosts'
    Restart linux and you should be good to go.
    Last edited by zane9000; 09/07/2011 at 02:24 AM. Reason: im sleepy...
  8.    #88  
    OK, new version is up. Florence is now an option and I made some other small fixes. See the first post for details.
  9. #89  
    ubuntuconf.tar.gz that I downloaded few minutes ago was Sep2 version yet. Could you update it?
  10. bable's Avatar
    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    #90  
    Any idea what the root password is yet?
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
  11. #91  
    I don't know why, but I can't see the TP usb storage from ubuntu anymore.
    I can go to /media/internal but nothing is there.
    any suggestions?
  12. gyhor's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by daiphile View Post
    ubuntuconf.tar.gz that I downloaded few minutes ago was Sep2 version yet. Could you update it?
    yep... the directory date is from today. But the newest file is from 2. september.
  13. #93  
    so to update u just run the script over is that right?
    Last edited by slamdunksaliby; 09/07/2011 at 11:35 AM.
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    OK, new version is up. Florence is now an option and I made some other small fixes. See the first post for details.
    n1, praying i dont crash when desktop loads this time, n1 on the progressing updates.
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by daiphile View Post
    ubuntuconf.tar.gz that I downloaded few minutes ago was Sep2 version yet. Could you update it?
    Crap, I forgot to replace the old one. It works now, sorry about that.
  16. #96  
    how do u update if u have the older version? i guess ill stick with mine for now cuz everything works unless u got a solution ;p
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by mkln View Post
    I don't know why, but I can't see the TP usb storage from ubuntu anymore.
    I can go to /media/internal but nothing is there.
    any suggestions?
    I have noticed this on mine as well. If you want to make sure the drive gets mounted edit your /root/.bashrc file and add
    Code:
    umount /media/internal
    mount /media/internal
    just before the line with startlxde (which should be the last line).

    I made this change to the new version.
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by bable View Post
    Any idea what the root password is yet?
    I have no idea. That password is set automatically when ubuntu-chroot is installed. If you want to change it you can:
    Code:
    sudo su
    passwd
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunksaliby View Post
    how do u update if u have the older version? i guess ill stick with mine for now cuz everything works unless u got a solution ;p
    I would recommend wiping Ubuntu and starting fresh. If you want you can run the script over your existing install. This will wipe out some of your configurations but I don't think it will really break anything (although I am not 100% sure).
  20. #100  
    ok i have the previous installation, and i will go ahead and try the script to see how it works with overwriting, but can I just run commands from a terminal in root? or is there away to turn auto run off for lxde.
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions