Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes
    Hi,

looks nice. I will give it a try.

A question I keep myself. Despite the fact Ubuntu is much more popular than Debian, wouldn't it better of dealing with Debian. Debian is completely compiled for arm architecture, Ubuntu isn't as far i know.

Yes, I know Debian has older packages ... but backports do provide fresh versions of LibreOffice and Firefox (Iceweasel). Maybe we could also start of a new chroot-Envirionment for Debian Sid ....?

Just my 2 cents,

LK
    I'm stuck on entering "./runme.sh". When I enter it I get the line: "-sh: ./runme.sh: not found". I get the same not found response when typing in random stuff or other stuff that actually is in the ubuntuconf directory. Also, I used internalz to make sure everything was in the right directory, so I am pretty sure the file is actually there.

Another piece of information is I couldn't use wget to get the file off of the server. I had to download it onto my computer and put it in the right place in usb mode. Anyone have any ideas about what is going on?
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertyy View Post
    I'm stuck on entering "./runme.sh". When I enter it I get the line: "-sh: ./runme.sh: not found". I get the same not found response when typing in random stuff or other stuff that actually is in the ubuntuconf directory. Also, I used internalz to make sure everything was in the right directory, so I am pretty sure the file is actually there.

Another piece of information is I couldn't use wget to get the file off of the server. I had to download it onto my computer and put it in the right place in usb mode. Anyone have any ideas about what is going on?
    That is pretty strange. I haven't seen any problems like those yet. Just to double check, you did cd into the ubuntuconf directory first, right? Are you sure you are using "./" and not ".\"?

If you are doing all that correctly, do a "ls -al" and show us the output.

Also, you may just want until later today. I plan on posting an update that will give you a somewhat nicer end result (most notably the option for Florence virtual keyboard which is a bit nicer.)
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    That is pretty strange. I haven't seen any problems like those yet. Just to double check, you did cd into the ubuntuconf directory first, right? Are you sure you are using "./" and not ".\"?

Also, you may just want until later today. I plan on posting an update that will give you a somewhat nicer end result (most notably the option for Florence virtual keyboard which is a bit nicer.)
    Any plans for an option on other UIs other than LXDE? I've been playing around with a bunch and my next test is netbook-launcher-efl inside xfce4
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  5.    #65  
    Yeah. I will be doing something with xfce4 probably, maybe gnome. Not sure how far in the future that is, probably a few weeks. I want to have LXDE working just right before moving on the the next window manager. Getting Florence set up was a big step in the right direction.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Yeah. I will be doing something with xfce4 probably, maybe gnome. Not sure how far in the future that is, probably a few weeks. I want to have LXDE working just right before moving on the the next window manager. Getting Florence set up was a big step in the right direction.
    Excellent, I can't wait. As soon as I see it tonight I will purge my install and try it out for ya. Actuallly, I'll try using it over my current install first, and then purge and try from scratch.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    That's a yes on both counts.

Ok, here is my output (approximately because I don't know how to copy out of the terminal):

drwxr-xr-x 2 oprofile 513 4096 Sep 6 00:51 .
    drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Sep 6 08:17 ..
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 oprofile 513 13529 Aug 31 00:19 Default.onboard
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 oprofile 513 147 Aug 28 01:07 preferences-0.4.1
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 oprofile 513 4593 Sep 2 11:41 runme.sh
    I kind of abbreviated the listings because I didn't feel like typing it all up. It looks a list of all the files in that directory along with selected attributes. If that isn't enough I will type up some more after I get out of class. Or is there some way to copy out of x-whatever-it-is that I don't know?

Also, thanks for your help.
    When the script asked for username i put "sudo" and then when it asked for password i put "root" and it went through to install...im guessing the password is root then haha :P
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunksaliby View Post
    When the script asked for username i put "sudo" and then when it asked for password i put "root" and it went through to install...im guessing the password is root then haha :P
    There are no checks on what you use as a password or username other than making sure that you do in fact put something into the username field.
    it said invalid username sudo and skipping usb partition during the installation right before installing libre office =( is that normal? haha
    If I use internalz to disable all the permissions for runme.sh and try entering "./runme.sh", I get a permission denied error instead of the not found error.
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunksaliby View Post
    it said invalid username sudo and skipping usb partition during the installation right before installing libre office =( is that normal? haha
    Ha, no, that's not normal. While my script doesn't check if you gave a good username, the linux useradd program can still toss it out. I would re-rerun the script with a good name.
    like what name?

And everytime i try to install linux i get with or without ur script: d-bus library appears to be incorrectly set up: failed to read machine edid: failed to open /var/lib/dbus/machine-id
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertyy View Post
    If I use internalz to disable all the permissions for runme.sh and try entering "./runme.sh", I get a permission denied error instead of the not found error.
    Based on the output of your ls -l it looks like you are running this from X-Term which is the webOS command line. You need to run it from the Ubuntu command line. If this is the case start over from step one in the Ubuntu command line.
    im jus gonna try all over again and put my name or somethin :P
    Just got back from vacation and what do I see!! I see an awesome person who made a complete automation script for setting up everything!! I shall add this to my tutorial post (link it that is)
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Based on the output of your ls -l it looks like you are running this from X-Term which is the webOS command line. You need to run it from the Ubuntu command line. If this is the case start over from step one in the Ubuntu command line.
    That was exactly it. wget also connects properly to the server that way. Thanks.
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    Just got back from vacation and what do I see!! I see an awesome person who made a complete automation script for setting up everything!! I shall add this to my tutorial post (link it that is)
    Couldn't have done it without a good bit of help from your thread! Thank you!
    looks damned awesome so far, any rough idea how big the basic install ends up? minus libre/etc just the raw essentials, im still using 2gb image files for my installs as i keep several i mount/dismount when required.

if your basic one fits comfortably inside of 2gb with room to spare ill be making yet another image for this excellent setup.

cheers.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 09/06/2011 at 07:47 PM.
    Works great but three things!
    1. how do you find how much memory u have left from your 2 gb partition?
    2. when i run sudo su i get a host unresolve error but it still gets me to root... any idea why it would say that though?
    3. When i put in my password to log into synaptic, it seems not to work?

Thanks soo much again man other than that it works fiine
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast