Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes
    Whoa, this looks sweet. Gonna give this a shot later today!
  2.    #42  
    I think you need to set the partition size before it is built, but I'm not 100% sure.

It looks like its checking, but it is pretty quick to say the system is up to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by crutzulee View Post
    Do you happen to know if there is a section of the doctor I have that can be modified to create a larger than 2 gb partition?
    Also, when you push the pad to search for updates, does it seem to actually search before it tells you that you are up to date?
    When you follow the instructions to install ubuntu, at a certain point there's a mention for the "Makefile" file. That is the way you can create larger partitions.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    What's the best (fastest) way to nuke my current install?
    This will not do anything to partition size.

I uninstall Ubuntu-CHRoot via Preware, open Internalz Pro and navigate to the ext3fs partition, and delete the Ubuntu Folder. I then reinstall Ubuntu-CHroot via preware. Sometimes the reinstall doesn't work, i.e doesn't extract all the folders in the partition, so I rinse and repeat until it fully installs.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    hebrewforkmusic likes this.
    Thanks so much zane9000 and everyone else in this thread. I got this installed tonight even though I think I messed up the install of libreoffice. I am zonked and will have to work on mounting a shared folder tomorrow. Any tips on that will be greatly appreciated.
    thanks again.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Almost everything is working great now. One problem for me is that this version of Ubuntu has no support for any non-ASCII characters, it seems. Even when you browse websites using encoding for different languages you just see boxes. I personally need Chinese Simplified and Traditional, display and text entry. I searched, but what I found didn't work.

Any idea where I can download and how to install additional language support for this version?
    Ok, so I think I screwed up big time with my install. When I first got ununtu up and running, I followed the directions in the other thread to run the script to get updates for the os. It allowed me to do so without asking for a password. I then popped over yo this thread and followed the scripts here.
    I was able to follow the directions to setup timezone but somewhere thereafter I lost the cursor behind the keyboard and was unable to see what was being entered. I figured that if I kept hitting enter I could muddle through the rest of the install as each question in the command line would eventually be brought into view above the keyboard. I know, genius move!
    Anyway...the scripts started running at some point and as far as I could tell, I just missed my chance to install Libre Office... No biggie as I figured that I could just do it later.
    WRONG! I guess I must have missed a password setup somewhere in the script as it is asking me for one when I try to install Libre.
    I am totally new to linux. Am I totally screwed or what? Is there anyway to recover passwords?
    Ok, somehow my long post got deleted,
    long story short. I can't install anything as it is asking for a password which I think got setup when I lost my cursor behind the keyboard installing the scripts in this thread. PLEASE HELP! Am I screwed, or is there a way to recover passwords in linux?
    zane9000, thanks for your work on getting all the different parts together.

I had been fighting getting this done for myself over the last week.

Do you know if there is a way to get this to see a network printer? I can't seem to get CUPS up and running. I know my HP 2840 can be used with the normal full install of Ubuntu on my desktop PC. I can just add it using the normal printer controls.

In a future update could you include this.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by crutzulee View Post
    Ok, somehow my long post got deleted,
    long story short. I can't install anything as it is asking for a password which I think got setup when I lost my cursor behind the keyboard installing the scripts in this thread. PLEASE HELP! Am I screwed, or is there a way to recover passwords in linux?

Arg, I forgot the timezone setup needs to happen after onboard keyboard is configured. I will remove it for now. You should not need a password to do anything. When you start Ubuntu, do you get put into the LXDE environment, or do you still see the command line? If you type "whoami" into a terminal, what do you see?
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    zane9000, thanks for your work on getting all the different parts together.

I had been fighting getting this done for myself over the last week.

Do you know if there is a way to get this to see a network printer? I can't seem to get CUPS up and running. I know my HP 2840 can be used with the normal full install of Ubuntu on my desktop PC. I can just add it using the normal printer controls.

In a future update could you include this.
    I will put it on my list...
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I chose to not automount my media/internal just so I dont have to bother with the unmounting you warned about. What are the steps involved with manually mounting if I felt the need?
    This is AWESOME!!! Thank you so much for putting this script together.

I had been struggling getting my Ubuntu set-up and running following the myriad of suggestions, scripts, etc. in the other thread. I managed to have things running OK, but couldn't get Onboard to auto-start and couldn't get Easystroke to recognize my gestures. Other than that, things seemed to be fine.

Saw this thread and went ahead and ran the script over my current Ubuntu install. Worked perfectly! Now, I when I start up I'm in LDXE logged into my previously created user with no WebOS keyboard and gestures work perfectly to right click and open Onboard!!!!

Thanks again, this is is fantastic!

I'll probably go ahead and reformat my partition and run this from the beginning since it works so well.
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooty View Post
    I chose to not automount my media/internal just so I dont have to bother with the unmounting you warned about. What are the steps involved with manually mounting if I felt the need?
    You need to first make a mount point (assuming you want it mounted at /media/internal)
    Code:
    sudo mkdir /media/internal
    Then you need to mount the drive
    Code:
    sudo mount /dev/mapper/store-media /media/internal -t vfat
    Everything should now be showing in the /media/mount directory.

If you want to unmount the drive
    Code:
    sudo umount /media/internal
    Finally, if you do wish to make this auto mount each time you start
    Code:
    sudo echo "/dev/mapper/store-media /media/internal vfat rw,realtime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0" >> /etc/fstab
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjinglesusa View Post
    This is AWESOME!!! Thank you so much for putting this script together.

I had been struggling getting my Ubuntu set-up and running following the myriad of suggestions, scripts, etc. in the other thread. I managed to have things running OK, but couldn't get Onboard to auto-start and couldn't get Easystroke to recognize my gestures. Other than that, things seemed to be fine.

Saw this thread and went ahead and ran the script over my current Ubuntu install. Worked perfectly! Now, I when I start up I'm in LDXE logged into my previously created user with no WebOS keyboard and gestures work perfectly to right click and open Onboard!!!!

Thanks again, this is is fantastic!

I'll probably go ahead and reformat my partition and run this from the beginning since it works so well.
    glad to hear it worked out for you!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    You need to first make a mount point (assuming you want it mounted at /media/internal)
    Code:
    sudo mkdir /media/internal
    Then you need to mount the drive
    Code:
    sudo mount /dev/mapper/store-media /media/internal -t vfat
    Everything should now be showing in the /media/mount directory.

If you want to unmount the drive
    Code:
    sudo umount /media/internal
    Finally, if you do wish to make this auto mount each time you start
    Code:
    sudo echo "/dev/mapper/store-media /media/internal vfat rw,realtime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0" >> /etc/fstab
    Thanks for everything! I cant believe how great the rdesktop works/looks on here. Cant wait to use it at work just because i can!
    this is awesome, thanks very much ..I have some questions thought.
    How can I install stuff? It doesn't let me open the synaptic app with the apps listed.. I'm trying to get gstreamer on there. Also the keyboard works great but looks kinda broken..is this normal? Anyway to fix it?...thanks a lot for this, its awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboyo View Post
    How can I install stuff? It doesn't let me open the synaptic app with the apps listed.. I'm trying to get gstreamer on there. Also the keyboard works great but looks kinda broken..is this normal? Anyway to fix it?...thanks a lot for this, its awesome!
    To use Synaptic, open a terminal and type: sudo synaptic
    thank you x100000 for this. installed overtop of my own settings. works fine
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboyo View Post
    Yeah, the keyboard looks funky. I will make an update very soon that vastly improves it.
    npmt likes this.
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast