Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627 LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 529
Like Tree45Likes
  1. #441  
    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    I will need to investigate this, but I suspect there is a way to do it. Which keyboard are you using? Both Onboard and Florence have a shift-lock feature...


    Not sure what "o*****" is, but after you run the script it should now be automatically moved to another desktop as part of the start up process...


    Probably. Have you tried looking in Synaptic (Type "sudo synaptic" in a command prompt and search for dropbox)? Box.net has a feature where you can mount your share to look like a local drive, I will investigate to see if Dropbox does as well...
    I'm using the official hp bluetooth keyboard, some keys have a tendency to get stuck after press "shift" say "shift+/" to get ? might be a little unresponsive or the ? will get stuck and keep on printing ? on screen.

    Also have notice tab to be not working at all. seems to be map to a totally different key.

    i know there is a ubuntu dropbox app but I couldn't for the life of me get it working. You can't find it on synaptic or ubuntu software center

    regarding box.net how can you mount it as local drive?

    Also I wasn't able to ran ubuntu software manager until i do this in the terminal and i have to do it everytime webos restarts is it possible to add this to the startup script

    mkdir -p /var/run/dbus
    sudo rm -f /var/run/dbus/pid
    sudo chown messagebus:messagebus /var/run/dbus
    dbus-uuidgen --ensure
    sudo dbus-daemon --system --fork --activation=upstart
    amazing work btw I'm happy even if it stays like this, I just would really like the keyboard to work like it suppose to. It sucks that webos doesn't have ANY capable word processors.......
    Last edited by threezero; 12/13/2011 at 04:45 AM.
  2. #442  
    Zane,
    Just checking in to hear your progress on enlightenment and also the touch friendly browser, thanks.
    The intel that I am hearing is either ubuntu or back to 3.02 to fix the URL issues (or android, grr).
  3. #443  
    Zane, I saw a tweet about this thread and thought you might be interested:

    • View topic - [DEC 18 - ALPHA 1] HP TouchPad + XFCE + Touch + WiFi
  4.    #444  
    Quote Originally Posted by threezero View Post
    I'm using the official hp bluetooth keyboard, some keys have a tendency to get stuck after press "shift" say "shift+/" to get ? might be a little unresponsive or the ? will get stuck and keep on printing ? on screen.
    I have no experience with the HP keyboard so maybe someone else can chime in on this.


    Also have notice tab to be not working at all. seems to be map to a totally different key.
    This is due to keyboard shortcuts in xfce I am guessing. It has been discussed in this and other threads.

    i know there is a ubuntu dropbox app but I couldn't for the life of me get it working. You can't find it on synaptic or ubuntu software center
    Apparently dropbox does not have a version of their software for the type of processor in the tablets available for download. Probably will have to wait for something to show up in the app catalog.

    regarding box.net how can you mount it as local drive?
    I found instructions on the web using thier davfs. Try these instructions: Super Nerdy Cool Mount box.net on Ubuntu Linux via webDAV
    I have not read through them in detail, but a cursory glance looks promising. If you cant figure it out, I will look into it more.

    Also I wasn't able to ran ubuntu software manager until i do this in the terminal and i have to do it everytime webos restarts is it possible to add this to the startup script
    I will (eventually) provide solutions for this problem in the script. Generally, I suggest using synaptic to get software though. Just type "sudo synaptic" into the terminal and it will launch.

    amazing work btw I'm happy even if it stays like this, I just would really like the keyboard to work like it suppose to. It sucks that webos doesn't have ANY capable word processors.......
    Google Docs actually works pretty well since the last webOS update. Give that a try!
  5.    #445  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Zane,
    Just checking in to hear your progress on enlightenment and also the touch friendly browser, thanks.
    The intel that I am hearing is either ubuntu or back to 3.02 to fix the URL issues (or android, grr).
    I think for now it is safe to say I am abandoning the enlightenment option. If you want to try it for yourself type "sudo apt-get e17" and change the last line of "/root/.bashrc" from referencing "startxfce" (or "startlxde" depending on your window manager) to "enlightenment-start" and restart Ubuntu. The first run it will ask you to choose a profile, you will want to go with illume.

    There are really just too many bugs I think. Also, there is no good option for right clicking available. I think, for now, the best option is to use the netbook launcher.

    Sorry!
  6.    #446  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Zane, I saw a tweet about this thread and thought you might be interested:

    • View topic - [DEC 18 - ALPHA 1] HP TouchPad + XFCE + Touch + WiFi
    Thanks, I will read through it when I get time.
  7. #447  
    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    I think for now it is safe to say I am abandoning the enlightenment option. If you want to try it for yourself type "sudo apt-get e17" and change the last line of "/root/.bashrc" from referencing "startxfce" (or "startlxde" depending on your window manager) to "enlightenment-start" and restart Ubuntu. The first run it will ask you to choose a profile, you will want to go with illume.

    There are really just too many bugs I think. Also, there is no good option for right clicking available. I think, for now, the best option is to use the netbook launcher.

    Sorry!
    OK, thanks and happy holidays. I think this guy below was the creator of bodhi and now has a touchpad so perhaps something might happen. Here's the thread:

    HP Touchpad - Bodhi Linux Forums
  8. #448  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    OK, thanks and happy holidays. I think this guy below was the creator of bodhi and now has a touchpad so perhaps something might happen. Here's the thread:

    HP Touchpad - Bodhi Linux Forums
    I checked back this morning and he says feat accomplished, bodhi running on a TouchPad.
  9. #449  
    Some files posted here for alpha Bodhi Linux, no video yet on what it looks like:

    Bodhi Linux - Browse /ARM/HP TouchPad at SourceForge.net
    geekpeter likes this.
  10. #450  
    any chance you could add "pidgin" to your autoconfig, decent IM client and its in the repositories, works well as my google chat client (supports the usual loads more).

    along with the essential web browser youve added as default it seems this would also make another essential default IM to include (its even got some nice plugins like gesture support).
  11.    #451  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    any chance you could add "pidgin" to your autoconfig, decent IM client and its in the repositories, works well as my google chat client (supports the usual loads more).

    along with the essential web browser youve added as default it seems this would also make another essential default IM to include (its even got some nice plugins like gesture support).
    That is a good idea. I am working on the next version now, hopefully it should be out this week.
  12. #452  
    blurred the names on my screenshot, but the snap shows its not far off the standard google client and loads of others, nice and tidy, works really well, i like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  13. #453  
    shame its a HP product, and shame theres no other variants from other companies ive seen yet, and shame its windows7 only atm, but this would be ideal for Ubuntu on the touchpad if it ever aquires ubuntu support.

    HP Wi-Fi Mobile Mouse | TheTechJournal

    gief more WiFI mice, saves me having to use Synergy for PC<>Linux which is a tad flakey with the mouse pointer often getting stuck.
  14. ain
    ain is offline
    ain's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    #454  
    Zane,
    Thank you for the ubuntu autoconfiguration. For an absolute ubuntu-noob, all went surprisingly smooth. I have two question:
    - I've installed Florence keyboard, with implicit lxde height of two thirds of the screen. Can you indicate a link were the resizing procedure, at full height, is described? Also, how can I can get rid of the now futile webOS keyboard, to obtain something like the above screenshot?
    - I tested some applications in ubuntu. Ktorrents worked fine, but VLC was surprisingly slow, even went overclocking the TP at 1.7GHz. Can you indicate me were to find reports about how different application works in Natty on HP? I think that will be useful to create such list.
  15. #455  
    use the "Tweaks" app in preware, goto the "System" section and change keyboard to "Off".
  16. #456  
    Add my thanks for the automated script. I'm really happy with the setup. The biggest thing I'm missing right now is a client for syncing my files with the cloud from within Ubuntu (and I'm not talking about accessing Box.net via Webdav!). I'm used to using Dropbox. But I can't seem to find any that might work with the Touchpad's ARM processor. I can't even get Ubuntu one working.


    Anyone have any ideas?
  17. #457  
    Khenjrie reporting the bodhi thread that an alpha was just released with much better touch capabilities. Hoping we can get an install without using his suggested moboot. Apparently still also needs some way to get packages, I wonder if there is a work around for this.

    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    Exciting news! Jeff put out an alpha version of Bodhi for the TouchPad and while I haven't used it a lot yet I can tell you it is a major improvement over the developer preview. The touch accuracy is a lot better.

    This install was slightly different than the developer preview so I updated the guide on the first page. For those who installed the developer preview I added upgrade instructions to the install guide.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3281445
  18. #458  
    Hi, I have worked with LXDE on the touchpad for a week or two and am very happy with it. Recently I purchased the HP bluetooth keyboard and remember that it wouldn't work with the florence keyboard. So up I go to sudo synaptic and removed the florence keyboard. Darn.. the normal keyboard doesn't work anymore it gives me bogus keys are wrong places and not all of them so I can type in sudo apt-get install florence. Copy - paste from webos does not work.
    Is there anything else I can do besides a complete reinstall?

    Manfred

    Reading back I believe the correct procedure was to rerun the great and mighty install script again. Correct?
  19. #459  
    An option to automount the USB partition (/media/internal) will be given. [CAUTION: if you do this, be sure you unmount the partition before trying to uninstall Ubuntu and clearing /media/ext3fs]

    ^^^

    I didn't unmount the usb partition when I was installing ubuntu chroot, what side effects will I face? (I am going through the easy configuration right now).

    Edited:
    Can I just rerun the ./run.sh file and unselect "automount usb media"?

    Thank you.
    Last edited by Kas130771; 01/14/2012 at 04:47 PM.
  20. #460  
    Also for some reason my florence keyboard doesn't display the layout in QWERTY

    It's all messed up (I even turned the webos keyboard off with tweaks) any ideas?

    Edited
    Solved.

    (reinstalled the easy config a few times with lxde)
    Last edited by Kas130771; 01/15/2012 at 11:46 AM.

Posting Permissions