Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I installed libreoffice and the current version does not show Garamond fonts.

How do I uninstall it and install open office?
    or just install that font into ubuntu?

http://www.jabroo.com/font/download/...xwJABS3DJABS3D
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    or just install that font into ubuntu?

http://www.jabroo.com/font/download/...xwJABS3DJABS3D
    Thanks in which directory does it go? Can I just place it in that directory? I thought it was a bug in libre office. Abiword works fine but strips out other types of formatting like letterhead, footers (sigh)
    last time i tried, i just double clicked a font and an install option was available.

that or try loading synaptics package manager and search for fonts or free fonts, i think theres a fair few freeware font packages available.

EDIT: found this, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Fonts#Manually
    Would any of you happen to know how I can use alternate language keyboards with LXDE on the Touchpad? I found a guide for doing it with Lubuntu on google, but it didn't work for LXDE on the TP.

Basically, I'm looking for a way to alternate between the US QWERTY and the Israeli Hebrew Keyboard/fonts to touch type in multiple languages. I have a Bluetooth keyboard and am using the onboard keyboard from the script.

Much thanks for the script and everyone else's helpful input.
    Quote Originally Posted by MordechaiNisa View Post
    Would any of you happen to know how I can use alternate language keyboards with LXDE on the Touchpad? I found a guide for doing it with Lubuntu on google, but it didn't work for LXDE on the TP.

Basically, I'm looking for a way to alternate between the US QWERTY and the Israeli Hebrew Keyboard/fonts to touch type in multiple languages. I have a Bluetooth keyboard and am using the onboard keyboard from the script.

Much thanks for the script and everyone else's helpful input.
    I just have the standard Florence keyboard for ubuntu, but I have both Hebrew and Arabic
    virtual keyboards in addition to English on the TP's virtual keyboard. I have not found equivalents for ubuntu, but they might be out there.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I get
    connecting to soc2.ucsc.edu|128.114.130.84|:80... failed: connection timed out

what am I doing wrong, pls help
    Quote Originally Posted by tnayrbj View Post
    I get
    connecting to soc2.ucsc.edu|128.114.130.84|:80... failed: connection timed out

what am I doing wrong, pls help
    That host is no longer operating. Look around page 18 of this forum topic and you will find the file that you can manually download and instructions for working with the downloaded file.
    Hello.

I used the ubuntuconfig file to set up my desktop, but I have a set of sound files that aplay complains about like so:

aplay imrcv.wav
    Playing WAVE 'imrcv.wav' : Unsigned 8 bit, Rate 22850 Hz, Mono
    aplay: set params:1059: Sample format non available
    Available formats:
    - S16_LE

However, VLC plays it just fine so I know the hardware is capable. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I got a black area where the keyboard should be. I ran the new config script with xfce from ShiftyAxel what would be the next step to get the keyboard to come up.
    I admit I have not had time to reboot, I will try that when I get home.

Thanks for all the help.
    Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Thanks in which directory does it go? Can I just place it in that directory? I thought it was a bug in libre office. Abiword works fine but strips out other types of formatting like letterhead, footers (sigh)
    in which directory are the fonts now in the installation of ubuntu we have on the touchpad?
    Quote Originally Posted by tnayrbj View Post
    I got a black area where the keyboard should be. I ran the new config script with xfce from ShiftyAxel what would be the next step to get the keyboard to come up.
    I admit I have not had time to reboot, I will try that when I get home.

Thanks for all the help.
    Jon
    You might try this:
    Tap the lxde icon in the lower left corner; when the drop-up menu appears, tap "universal access", then tap "florence keyboard". (Assuming you have Florence installed)
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    I've got it, but I did some modifications to the script to remove the lxde option and inadvertently deleted the original. I can upload it if people are cool with an xfce-specific script?
    I used your script and it is asking me for a password when I try to run the application manager. Do you know what it is?
    I have tried to search.

thanks
    Jon
    Neither script has that working I'm afraid, however if you run 'sudo synaptic' in a terminal it will launch fine with the required privileges.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Here's the modified script, it installs xfce, devil's pie (windowing daemon, you can automate sizing and stuff), matchbox-keyboard and all the other apps that the original did. It automatically adds /media/internal to the fstab, so take care to unmount it if you need to nuke your ubuntu install.
    Shifty, I installed Zane's script but made the modifications you suggested and liked it, thanks.

I'd like to run your script on another touchpad.
    If I run your script instead of Zane's, could you please write out the steps to uninstall if needed?

What are the steps to replace matchbox-keyboard with onboard (uglier but more useful for me)?

What can I do to have the firefox icon show up on the bar? I was able to show the launcher arrow and have it display the most recently used app but I'd like firefox to always show.

Also I would like it to be easier to find media/internal files. Currently the apps and file manager open with desktop and user folders etc and I am using the up arrow in the apps to get to media/internal where all my files are stored.

Thanks!
    To uninstall, you'll need to wipe the chroot and put a fresh one on, as with the original script.

I've not got any knowledge of onboard, but I imagine it's something like this:
    sudo apt-get remove matchbox-keyboard
    sudo apt-get install onboard
    onboard

To add launchers to the bar, tap and hold it. There should be a shortcut to add items/launchers.

internal should be listed in the left column under Thunar, you'll have to poke through it's preferences if you want to set it as the default directory.
    To uninstall, you'll need to wipe the chroot and put a fresh one on, as with the original script.

I've not got any knowledge of onboard, but I imagine it's something like this:
    sudo apt-get remove matchbox-keyboard
    sudo apt-get install onboard
    onboard

To add launchers to the bar, tap and hold it. There should be a shortcut to add items/launchers.

internal should be listed in the left column under Thunar, you'll have to poke through it's preferences if you want to set it as the default directory.
    Thanks, is this still the process to wipe the chroot under your script?
    1. Reboot your device
    2. Start XTerm (DO NOT start Ubuntu)
    3. Type: umount /media/ext3fs
    4. If there were any errors something has gone wrong and you should probably post here for more help. If there were no errors move to step 6.
    5. Type: mount /media/ext3fs
    6. Type: rm -rf /media/ext3fs/ubuntu-natty-chroot/*
    7. Type: cp /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.ubuntu-natty-chroot/ubuntu-natty-chroot.tgz /media/ext3fs/ubuntu-natty-chroot/
    8. Type: cd /media/ext3fs/ubuntu-natty-chroot
    9. Type: tar xzfv ubuntu-natty-chroot.tgz
    Yup, that's the one. Nuking the OS and reinstalling is pretty much universal, it'll work no matter what scripts you run or programs you install :P
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    It's not in the keyboard settings, it's in the Window Manager settings. Might be Window Manager Tweaks. The shortcuts come with xfce as standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by decalex View Post
    Idea on where this would be in LXDE? I've checked all over, and can't seem to find.
    i'm also trying to resolve the issue where pressing "Tab" on HP Bluetooth Keyboard returns a "9" , but having trouble finding the shortcut settings to clear. i know I read it somewhere, killin me

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Sorry to bump my own comment-- but think it got swallowed up after posted.
    Any ideas or direction?
    when I run runme.sh I get "Permission denied"

any discussions
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    solved it myself

chmod +x runme.sh
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS