Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rogersmic10 View Post
    can't hit the link, anyone sharing a copy??
    Apparently not..
    Sprint Love
    I've got it, but I did some modifications to the script to remove the lxde option and inadvertently deleted the original. I can upload it if people are cool with an xfce-specific script?
    Yes please. I'm just going to modify it even more anyway...
    Here's the modified script, it installs xfce, devil's pie (windowing daemon, you can automate sizing and stuff), matchbox-keyboard and all the other apps that the original did. It automatically adds /media/internal to the fstab, so take care to unmount it if you need to nuke your ubuntu install.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Thanks a lot!!!
    but I am a newbie...btw...how to use this file after I downloaded it? I am using .img (card) ubuntu...I have no idea what to do in the terminal...

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Here's the modified script, it installs xfce, devil's pie (windowing daemon, you can automate sizing and stuff), matchbox-keyboard and all the other apps that the original did. It automatically adds /media/internal to the fstab, so take care to unmount it if you need to nuke your ubuntu install.
    Extract it to /media/ext3fs/ubuntu-natty-chroot/ (Your Ubuntu root directory) then open your ubuntu Crook and type:
    cd /ubuntuchroot/
    ./runme.sh
    Then just follow the instructions and wait patiently
    nice job!!! I'm installing right now...
    some more explanation and one more correction for newbies like me:

1. download the zip file
    2. start xterm and then "apt-get install unzip"
    3. run ubuntu chroot (you need to open chroot first, then you'll see the folders under ext3fs)
    4. copy zip file to /media/ext3fs/ubuntu-natty-chroot/ (use internalz pro, for example)
    5. restart chroot
    6. "unzip ubuntuconf-modified.zip", run it in chroot
    7. "cd ubuntuconf" instead of "cd /ubuntuchroot/"
    8. "./runme.sh"
    9. wait

I don't know if there is any easier way to unzip the "ubuntuconf-modified.zip"...But the above is what I have done...

Extract it to /media/ext3fs/ubuntu-natty-chroot/ (Your Ubuntu root directory) then open your ubuntu Crook and type:
    cd /ubuntuchroot/
    ./runme.sh
    I'm having trouble accessing websites that require java using Chromium, firefox works fine,

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by mwfoshee; 11/03/2011 at 08:47 AM. Reason: I at least realize I misspelled chromium in the title, even if I can't fix it!
    I've got a message when loading xfce, saying: "could not look up internet address for xxxxxhptouchpad. This will prevent xfce from operating correctly. It may be possible to correct the problem by adding xxxxxhptouchpad to the file /etc/hosts on your system"

I know it provides the solution here...but when I opened the folder /etc/ in the file manager, I could not locate hosts...is it a file? or a folder or what should I do?

Also, I could not use web browser in xfce. It says "failed to execute default web browser. Input/output error." What does that mean???

Thanks a lot!!!

cd /ubuntuchroot/
    ./runme.sh
    Hey, thanks again for sharing! Quick question though, I am not getting a keyboard at all and I get a 'Failed to execute default Web Browser. Input/Output error when trying to browse the web...can you give me a direction to look for the issues?? thanks again, this is great stuff!
    You can install firefox...That works...
    Actually I prefer chrome but I could not install that and I don't know why...

you can either install by using apt-get, or by sudo synaptic...

Quote Originally Posted by rogersmic10 View Post
    Hey, thanks again for sharing! Quick question though, I am not getting a keyboard at all and I get a 'Failed to execute default Web Browser. Input/Output error when trying to browse the web...can you give me a direction to look for the issues?? thanks again, this is great stuff!
    Last edited by phonemodem; 11/03/2011 at 12:52 PM.
    soc2.ucsc.edu seems to be down or not responding. Is there an alternative source for ubuntuconf.tar.gz?

Thanks!
    See a few posts above. It works well.

However, I seem to have a problem with typing the letter "p"? It does something, usually deselecting any item I'm typing in. I don't really know how to fix it. "p" works fine when i'm in webOS. Florence doesn't work either, and is still mapped incorrectly despite me adding that key mapping.

Also, does anyone know how to get gestures to work? I'm trying to set easystroke set up, but I can't get it to detect swiping unless i change it to button 1, but then every time I drag my finger it tries to recognize a gesture instead of dragging an item. How can i get double click gestures or something instead?
    p and tab are both taken by keyboard shortcuts, for some reason the absence of a <Super> key makes ubuntu think it's always pressed. Just find and clear the shortcuts (there are two- each in a seperate part of settings) and you'll be fine.
    Aha! Thanks! Now if only I could get the Florence mapping to work properly lol
    Last edited by Lucky75; 11/05/2011 at 11:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmgilfilen View Post
    soc2.ucsc.edu seems to be down or not responding. Is there an alternative source for ubuntuconf.tar.gz?

Thanks!
    Yes, the site is still down. Anybody with any mirrors?
    Thanks.
    Palm Pilot Pro > Handspring Visorphone > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > Pre Plus > Droid Pro & Touchpad
    Hey, guys, just found the file
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_choi_2007 View Post
    Hey, guys, just found the file
    thanks!!!If U want to use lxde, this file is the one.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    It's not in the keyboard settings, it's in the Window Manager settings. Might be Window Manager Tweaks. The shortcuts come with xfce as standard.
    Idea on where this would be in LXDE? i'm also trying to resolve the issue where pressing "Tab" on HP Bluetooth Keyboard returns a "9" , but having trouble finding the shortcut settings to clear. i know I read it somewhere, killin me

Any help greatly appreciated.
    I installed libreoffice and the current version does not show Garamond fonts.

How do I uninstall it and install open office?