Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cdowers View Post
    The virtual keyboard won't go away. I've installed tweaks and set it to off and nothing happens. Tweaks also won't change the size of the keyboard. What am I missing?
    if you have a bluetooth keyboard and have toggled the virtual keyboard to appear, it wotn go away till you toggle to normal/auto or back to bluetooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    if you have a bluetooth keyboard and have toggled the virtual keyboard to appear, it wotn go away till you toggle to normal/auto or back to bluetooth.
    The keyboard area turns black when bluetooth is hooked up.
    The keyboard area turns black when bluetooth is hooked up.
    Install "tweaks" from preware and open it. You should find a setting in "system" with "keyboard size". Choose "none" and you'll be set up for using BT keyboard only with Executah. That's the only way to remove the black area.
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Does anyone know how to get tab completion working with the ubuntu chroot? Yesterday when I hit tab it would just type a "9" (without quotes) in the terminal, today tab is switching between terminal windows and I cannot figure out why. This happens with both the both the webos onscreen keyboard and with a bluetooth keyboard.
    Are you using XFCE? If so, go to window manager in the preferences menu and clear all keyboard shortcuts involving tab. Sorted.
    Yes I am using xfce however there are no shortcuts setup under the keyboard settings, the layout is set to generic 105-key (intl) PC
    It's not in the keyboard settings, it's in the Window Manager settings. Might be Window Manager Tweaks. The shortcuts come with xfce as standard.
    great thread - thanks. Question for us old folks: is there a way to increase font size in Terminal mode? Looked through lxde preferences but font size is not an option.
    Last edited by dmgilfilen; 10/25/2011 at 08:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    Tapping is so inexact. It takes much longer to do many things than it would with a mouse, for example, at least for my fingers. It would be great if Onboard had arrow keys (maybe it does and I have not ofund them yet).
    It does. There is some open space on the right of the keyboard. There are actually three buttons there that switch between layouts. Tap in the middle and cursor and numbers come up. However, it is not sticky, so tap in the middle again to make that layout stick.
    my tp updated by itself and my xserver has disappeared ..wth this happen to anyone less
    cannot connect soc2.ucsc.edu, seems the link is no longer working
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_choi_2007 View Post
    same here, is there an alternate link
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_choi_2007 View Post
    i third this....
    Could someone please upload a copy? I could do it one at a time, but I would much rather edit an already existing script.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    same here, is there an alternate link
    I wanna know too
    Does anyone have a copy?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    guys I had my tp running great with the linux chroot and the easy install listed here on 3.02..the touchpad updated to 3.04 and I just want to know if there is a way of me getting linux back with out having to reinstall it all..
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboyo View Post
    guys I had my tp running great with the linux chroot and the easy install listed here on 3.02..the touchpad updated to 3.04 and I just want to know if there is a way of me getting linux back with out having to reinstall it all..
    Linux was not touched by the webOS update. The linux files are all there.
    You may have to remount the drive to see them--go back to the section on mounting drives that you followed when you first ran the metadoctor.
    Yeah, I'm also looking for a copy of the config.. anyone at all have a copy?
    Sprint Love
    can't hit the link, anyone sharing a copy??