Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 529
Like Tree45Likes
  1. #221  
    Trying to run these scripts on my Pixi with Debian. So far I've just had to remove the keyboard commands and change a path from ubuntu-natty-chroot to debian-squeeze chroot. Now i'm just waiting the hour for xfce4 to install! Hopefully it'll work. Thanks for this script

    -Pez


    edit: it worked!!!
    Last edited by pezman726; 09/16/2011 at 09:31 PM.
  2.    #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    edit: it worked!!!
    Awesome!
  3. #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    You want to change the entry for "ubuntu-natty-chroot" to whatever your hostname is in the file /etc/hosts. You can do this by typing this in a terminal:
    Code:
    sudo sed -i 's/ubuntu-natty-chroot/<YOUR HOST NAME HERE>/g' '/etc/hosts'
    Restart linux and you should be good to go.
    Can anyone share the contents of the original file 'etc/hosts' please pretty please?
    I deleted mine by mistake and now I keep getting an error when I start Ubuntu telling me that it can't find <name of my Touchpad>
    I think this is what is also causing the 'Shutdown' and 'Restart' buttons to be greyed out for me

    Thanks in advance!!
  4. #224  
    Hmm. I nuked my install to start over and for some reason Onboard and the EasyStroke gestures thing don't seem to work anymore.

    Also, chrome doesn't read PDFs anymore even though I swear it did so natively the last time around. Reinstalling the browser didn't help things either.
  5. #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    Hmm. I nuked my install to start over and for some reason Onboard and the EasyStroke gestures thing don't seem to work anymore.

    Also, chrome doesn't read PDFs anymore even though I swear it did so natively the last time around. Reinstalling the browser didn't help things either.
    I know this isn't any consolation, but Chromium on my Ubuntu installation never showed PDFs in-browser.. as for the missing gestures, that happened to me when I entered 'root' when prompted for a username at the start of the install script - I'm guessing that's not the problem you have?

    Also, can you please type 'cat /etc/hosts' in the terminal and paste what you see here?
    Someone please throw this dog here a bone, mate
    Thanks heaps
    Last edited by silv3r4sh; 09/18/2011 at 07:37 PM.
  6. #226  
    Hi Fenrirwolf,

    To open PDFs in Chromium, install this - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...edmbmedengocbn

    Cheers
  7. #227  
    I installed it, all is well except I don't have Florence or any osk installed, and the webOS keyboard is not hitting the right keys (I press a key it types a different one in ubuntu). What can I do
  8. #228  
    Quote Originally Posted by silv3r4sh View Post
    Hi Fenrirwolf,

    To open PDFs in Chromium, install this - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...edmbmedengocbn

    Cheers
    I'll give it a shot, but every time I try installing extensions it never seems to work.

    I'll get those logs later too
  9.    #229  
    Quote Originally Posted by silv3r4sh View Post
    Can anyone share the contents of the original file 'etc/hosts' please pretty please?
    I deleted mine by mistake and now I keep getting an error when I start Ubuntu telling me that it can't find <name of my Touchpad>
    I think this is what is also causing the 'Shutdown' and 'Restart' buttons to be greyed out for me

    Thanks in advance!!
    The file should look something like
    Code:
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    127.0.1.1 <Name of Touchpad>
    Hope this helps
  10. #230  
    Quote Originally Posted by Monastie View Post
    I installed it, all is well except I don't have Florence or any osk installed, and the webOS keyboard is not hitting the right keys (I press a key it types a different one in ubuntu). What can I do
    change the keyboard type from 101 to 104 (im half asleep but im sure thats the normal workign one).
  11. #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by csrow View Post
    A newbie here. Just installed everything and have couple of questions. If this has been asked before, sorry for the double post.

    1) Any chance of getting unicode characters to show in the Chromium browser? Is there a font set that contains Asian language characters?

    2) How about flash video to run in Chromium (Youtube)? Is gnash a plug in for Chromium and will gnash handle flash video?

    TIA
    flash works but its a ballache for it to work right, seems to work/not work randomly, think its depends on what was installed first out of your system/browser/then the boltins for flash.

    originally i installed my system, then gnash, then lightspark, then my browser and it worked, then again ive done the same and got nuffin, also tried system > lightspark > browser > gnash, tbh just try mixing around the install order on your setup for the browser/lightspark/gnash and the mozilla-plugin (i know lightspark should come with a version of gnash as it falls back on gnash when it cant handle stuff).

    tbh when i get it woerking i leave it well alone after that for fear of breaking it

    the above worked for chromium btw, didnt try firefox.
  12. #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    change the keyboard type from 101 to 104 (im half asleep but im sure thats the normal workign one).
    I got around it by copying characters from chrome and pasting them in the command window and synaptic. Did a sudo su, then entered my password then did passwd to change the password for synaptic and then downloaded Florence from synaptic, all by copying characters from chrome and using the gestures to press enter and right click and paste. UNPRACTICAL... Lol but it worked
    geekpeter likes this.
  13. #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    The file should look something like
    Code:
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    127.0.1.1 <Name of Touchpad>
    Hope this helps
    Thanks Zane, you've come through for me yet again
    Now hoping you (or anyone else) can help me figure out why I get the message box 'Shutdown command failed' when I hit the 'Shutdown' button in the Logout dialog box?
    Cheers!
    Last edited by silv3r4sh; 09/19/2011 at 02:55 PM.
  14.    #234  
    Quote Originally Posted by silv3r4sh View Post
    Thanks again Zane, you've come through for me yet again
    Now hoping you (or anyone else) can help me figure out why I get the message box 'Shutdown command failed' when I hit the 'Shutdown' button in the Logout dialog box?
    Cheers!
    I can't help you there. I haven't looked into the shutdown functions yet. Sorry.
  15. #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    I can't help you there. I haven't looked into the shutdown functions yet. Sorry.
    No worries, Zane. So you mean you're getting that same error message too?
    Cheers
  16.    #236  
    Quote Originally Posted by silv3r4sh View Post
    No worries, Zane. So you mean you're getting that same error message too?
    Cheers
    Actually I had not bothered with that before. I just tried it with xfce4 and everything disappeared leaving just the xserver running. I have a lot of other window manager packages installed for testing though. Have you tried using the shutdown, halt or reboot commands from the terminal?
  17. #237  
    better to just toss the card away as im sure most do.
  18. #238  
    For all issues related to programs not working and daemon/shutdown not working just check my thread here (i don't have enough post to post link so copy/paste):

    forums.precentral.net/webos-development/299830-ubuntu-dbus-application-compatibility-fix.html
  19. HansTWN's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    #239  
    Looks like the new Ubuntu Chroot breaks your script. It stops short of completion after:

    .gconfig/apps/florence/style/%gconf.xml
    couldn't startl: No such file or directory
  20. #240  
    Quote Originally Posted by masterosok View Post
    If I rerun the script and choose XFCE4 will it mess up my previous LXDE install in anyway?
    I ran your script and found it quite easy to use, Thanks for doing all the work, I liked the look of XFCE4 so I thought I'd nuke my old (working) install and do it again.

    Followed the instructions for correct un-install and ran the new script. again flawless, but better, now using XFCE4. love it!

    only thing, when I try to run synaptic I get an error "Failed to run /usr/sbin/synaptic as root user" unable to copy the user's Xauthorization file.

    any insights would be appreciated!

Posting Permissions