Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 529
Like Tree45Likes
  1. #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by samiller View Post
    Thanks for the tips, Geekpeter. I'll try kvkbd and xfce4. I still suspect my trouble with vnc has to do with the input focus being stolen by the keyboard, so maybe a different window manager would work (I'm using lxde).
    when my systems as i had it before ill post how i got it in that state, provided you dont fix it before then anyways.

    ive tried zane9000's easy script again, last 1 crashed when the desktop env loaded, now it works flawlessly for me, and i hadnt realised till earlier that he added in xfce4, this saves me a LOT of time, ill just add in my personal stuff and im ready to rock.

    the scripts a godsend tbh, i could remember maybe 80% of what was required to get back/restart and usually had to re-read some webpages id bookmarked to remember the rest, now i have a vastly lower amount of things to worry about
  2. #202  
    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    Some Info on the Preconfigured Easygesture:
    I preprogramming 4 basic gestures for you..
    Hi zane9000,

    Thanks SO much for your script!! I now have Ubuntu up and running with LibreOffice )
    Just 2 things I'm hoping you can help me out with:

    1. I can't find those 4 pre-programmed gestures in Easygesture! Is there any way to import them from, say, a config file or script?

    2. I can't seem to locate the onboard KB anywhere - I'm sure I chose that instead of the Florence option! Can you (or anyone else) help me figure it out, maybe a command line to ensure it's there or to reinstall/activate it?

    Thanks heaps in advance!
  3.    #203  
    Those gestures should already be loaded into your system if you chose to install easystroke. Just draw them on the screen.
    You can bring up onboard by drawing the down arrow gesture on the screen or by running /usr/local/bin/obwrap.sh
  4. #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    New version is up. This fixes audio and gives a volume control button in the task bar.
    Note: this volume control effects the system volume. That is, it sets the maximum volume that webOS can output.
    I don't have the volume control button in the taskbar, so I'm guessing I must've used the old install script! Any chance you could write a small script up to pop the volume control button into my taskbar for ppl in my predicament? )

    Cheers!

    EDIT: I can get audio from flash in Chromium (boy does it struggle!!) but LXMusic player can't play MP3s at all - I hit the play button and made sure the volume isn't muted but the timer doesn't budge, it's stuck at --:-- so I don't think it's playing at all
    Last edited by silv3r4sh; 09/13/2011 at 07:42 PM. Reason: minor edit + addition about LXMusic
  5. #205  
    Most awesome! got sound and vlc working. Also got my mini bt keyboard working. So much nicer than using an on screen keyboard. Thank you Zane and everyone else!
  6. #206  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post

    website is eightelementswest.com, I tried to click on "book a class" on the front page with chromium and got nowhere.
    Installed firefox and was able to book a class on website eightelementswest.com. Was not able to click on youtube video.

    For chromium, was not able to book a class on website but am able to see youtube video (I had to uninstall 1 of the flash plug-ins, not sure if this is related to the fact that I can't book a class on the website).

    edit: since firefox works, how can I replace chromium on the desktop bar with firefox?

    thanks
    Last edited by bluenote; 09/14/2011 at 12:28 AM.
  7. #207  
    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    Those gestures should already be loaded into your system if you chose to install easystroke. Just draw them on the screen.
    You can bring up onboard by drawing the down arrow gesture on the screen or by running /usr/local/bin/obwrap.sh
    Thanks for that! I'm pretty sure the gestures aren't there though.. :/
  8.    #208  
    Can you tell if easystroke is running? You should see the logo in the system tray. Is it even installed?
  9. #209  
    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    Can you tell if easystroke is running? You should see the logo in the system tray. Is it even installed?
    Hi Zane, yes it's definitely installed and when I run it, the icon appears in the lower right corner - but opening it reveals no recorded gestures
    I did try recording new ones, but it doesn't seem to want to register my finger movement across the screen at all. I can start the onboard keyboard via command line though, thanks to your help
  10. #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by silv3r4sh View Post
    Hi Zane, yes it's definitely installed and when I run it, the icon appears in the lower right corner - but opening it reveals no recorded gestures
    I did try recording new ones, but it doesn't seem to want to register my finger movement across the screen at all. I can start the onboard keyboard via command line though, thanks to your help
    I had the same issue, ended up just nukeing the install and starting over :/
  11. #211  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aredon View Post
    I had the same issue, ended up just nukeing the install and starting over :/
    Aredon, you have my sympathies! I really would rather not have to spend another X hours of my life going through the whole thing again if possible..
  12.    #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by silv3r4sh View Post
    Hi Zane, yes it's definitely installed and when I run it, the icon appears in the lower right corner - but opening it reveals no recorded gestures
    I did try recording new ones, but it doesn't seem to want to register my finger movement across the screen at all. I can start the onboard keyboard via command line though, thanks to your help
    OK, this sounds fixable.

    First close Easystroke.

    Then you need to clear out the old script files:
    Code:
    cd /
    sudo rm -rf ubuntuconf*
    Then get a new set of files and untar them:
    Code:
    wget soc2.ucsc.edu/ubuntuconf.tar.gz
    tar xzfv ubuntuconf.tar.gz
    Then move the Easystroke config files over and make sure they are editable:
    Code:
    cd ubuntuconf
    mkdir ~/.easystroke
    cp actions-0.4.1.onboard  ~/.easystroke/actions-0.4.1
    cp preferences-0.4.1  ~/.easystroke/preferences-0.4.1
    sudo chmod a+wr ~/.easystroke/*
    Start Easystroke and hopefully it will all be there.
  13.    #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by silv3r4sh View Post
    I don't have the volume control button in the taskbar, so I'm guessing I must've used the old install script! Any chance you could write a small script up to pop the volume control button into my taskbar for ppl in my predicament? )

    Cheers!

    EDIT: I can get audio from flash in Chromium (boy does it struggle!!) but LXMusic player can't play MP3s at all - I hit the play button and made sure the volume isn't muted but the timer doesn't budge, it's stuck at --:-- so I don't think it's playing at all
    LXMusic didnt work for me either, I never bothered to figure out why. VLC works, just get that. Since you didnt have the volume control or the easystroke gestures it seems to me that something went wrong with your install. Did you enter a username when the script ran?
  14. #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    OK, this sounds fixable.

    First close Easystroke.

    Then you need to clear out the old script files...
    Thank you thank you thank you! This worked a treat and I now have those 4 gestures you preprogrammed : ))

    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    Since you didnt have the volume control or the easystroke gestures it seems to me that something went wrong with your install. Did you enter a username when the script ran?
    Yup! when it prompted me for a username, I typed in 'root'.. did I make a boo boo? <:|
  15.    #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by silv3r4sh View Post
    Thank you thank you thank you! This worked a treat and I now have those 4 gestures you preprogrammed : ))



    Yup! when it prompted me for a username, I typed in 'root'.. did I make a boo boo? <:|
    Yeah, dont use "root" it generates a number of errors when trying to set up the account. Just rerun the script and use your screen name or something everything should work.
  16. #216  
    UPDATE: Switched back to ALSA. Pulseaudio loads slower and is less stable.

    Just figured out that if I install alsa, pulseaudio, and gnome-media; I can get the gnome-volume control applet to work on my gnome panel. The trick is starting pulseaudio with the alsa module:
    Code:
    pulseaudio --load="module-alsa-sink"
    I added the following lines to my lxde autostart file in my user config directory:
    Code:
    @pulseaudio --load="module-alsa-sink"
    @gnome-volume-control-applet
    don't forget to also install the vlc-pulseaudio-plugin if you use vlc and switch to pulseaudio in the vlc audio preferences

    Edit: The startlxde file needs to be changed to make this work. Add " --config-file=/etc/dbus-1/system.conf" when launching dbus, to look like this:

    Code:
    # Launch DBus if needed
    if which dbus-launch >/dev/null && test -z "$DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS"; then
           eval "$(dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-session --config-file=/etc/dbus-1/system.conf)"
    fi
    Last edited by Willard; 09/23/2011 at 07:00 PM. Reason: startlxde file needs to be edited
  17. csrow's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    #217  
    A newbie here. Just installed everything and have couple of questions. If this has been asked before, sorry for the double post.

    1) Any chance of getting unicode characters to show in the Chromium browser? Is there a font set that contains Asian language characters?

    2) How about flash video to run in Chromium (Youtube)? Is gnash a plug in for Chromium and will gnash handle flash video?

    TIA
  18. #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    Yeah, dont use "root" it generates a number of errors when trying to set up the account. Just rerun the script and use your screen name or something everything should work.
    Thanks zane, in the end, I decided to delete the ubuntu.img file (after a full restart) and then re-ran your install script and this time when it prompted me for a username I put something OTHER than root!!

    So now I've got the volume control, the gestures.. the works! Thanks again zane!!
  19. sidious_999's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #219  
    is the onbaord keyboard supposed to be hidden when i install the virtual one? my ubuntu starts with the onboard keyboard and the on screen virtual keyboard both- i can't seem to hide my onboard keyboard-

    also is it supposed to rotate or do i need to download something for that?
  20. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by sidious999 View Post
    is the onbaord keyboard supposed to be hidden when i install the virtual one? my ubuntu starts with the onboard keyboard and the on screen virtual keyboard both- i can't seem to hide my onboard keyboard-

    also is it supposed to rotate or do i need to download something for that?
    Set the onscreen keyboard to not show via the app Tweaks in Preware.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch

Posting Permissions