Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by goeuby View Post
    Hello,

I've read this post and the first one but I didn't find how to do what I would like.

How can we access to files which are saved in the WebOs partition from Ubuntu (videos, doc...)

PS I'm french and may have passed through how to resolve my problems on the forum
    I believe the script has an option to automount the usb partition for you. You just have to type y when it prompts. I think you have to unmount first if you ever decide to remove the Ubuntu chroot.
  2.    #182  
    New version is up. Now you have the option to choose LXDE or XFCE4 window managers.
    I still cant get sound working. I think I've read this whole thread, maybe i missed it? Also, flash only works on adobies test site, can't get it working anywhere else. Disabled the real one so only using gnash. What's the secret?
    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    I think it worked with onboard keyboard when I tested it on my friends computer. I don't have access to his system right now but I will double check when I can.
    Zane, have you had a chance to check into this? I know you're busy, and I appreciate whatever advice you can give me.

Is no one else having trouble using onboard or some such keyboard with vnc?
    New version is up. Now you have the option to choose LXDE or XFCE4 window managers.
    If I rerun the script and choose XFCE4 will it mess up my previous LXDE install in anyway?
  6.    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by masterosok View Post
    If I rerun the script and choose XFCE4 will it mess up my previous LXDE install in anyway?
    I think it will probably still autostart lxde so you will need to do some configurations yourself.
  7.    #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelahess View Post
    I still cant get sound working. I think I've read this whole thread, maybe i missed it? Also, flash only works on adobies test site, can't get it working anywhere else. Disabled the real one so only using gnash. What's the secret?
    Sound should be working as of the last two versions of the script. Are you working from your own install, or is my script not setting up sound for you?

Basically you need to follow the instructions in this post. That will get sound working. To adjust the volume you need to use gamix. This will give you tons of options, but only a few do something. Look for one called "output", that should control the system volume.
  8.    #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by samiller View Post
    Zane, have you had a chance to check into this? I know you're busy, and I appreciate whatever advice you can give me.

Not yet. Sorry man, for some reason my vnc server isnt working. You might want to PM geekpeter. I know he was having success using xtightvncviewer.
    I think it will probably still autostart lxde so you will need to do some configurations yourself.
    I removed the autostart config option from /.bashrc. If I chose Xfce4 will that still cause LXDE to autostart again?

Edit: I ran the script and I see it boots in to Xfce4 automatically which I don't mind. I like it much better than LXDE so far. I might just leave it that way not that I have a gesture mapped for Ctrl-C and don't have to bother with the Onboard keyboard to shutdown the windows managers.
    Last edited by masterosok; 09/13/2011 at 01:05 PM.
  10.    #190  
    I removed the autostart config option from /.bashrc. If I chose Xfce4 will that still cause LXDE to autostart again?
    You will need to remove the autostart line again after running the script. Give it a shot, I think you should be ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by samiller View Post

Not yet. Sorry man, for some reason my vnc server isnt working. You might want to PM geekpeter. I know he was having success using xtightvncviewer.
    aye soz, aint been active much here recently, too wrecked/too much work, um yeah mine worked fine (rogue patch forced me to doctor my whole TPad and restart all my ubuntu stuff, so still slowly putting it back to normal)

xtightvncviewer on ubuntu worked the fastest and remmina worked "better/more stable/options" but much slower when paired with TightVNCServer on the PC (version 1.3.10), i was also running Synergy on the PC (version 1.4.4) and whatever version client on the standard Ubuntu repositorys so i could also use PC keyboard/mouse on the touchpad/ubuntu environment, working just like multi monitor on pc.

V-Keyboards ive gone through a fair few, used Florence, mostly then Onboard, Failed to get/recompile a working version of Literki, then tried Onboard again, now using KVKBD, works for me (on my old setup at least, well see now ive had to start from sctarch).

Yeah i mostly use XFCE4 as well, more than LXDE, and xtightvncviewer is best to use over anything else when coupled with tightvncserver on the pc/whatever, esp if u get ubuntu viewer to use some diff options from "normal".

as my systems dead/wiped out i forget what the command was, i think its.

xtightvncviewer -encodings "copyrect tight" <IP ADDRESS: ie 192.168.0.1>

should be considerably faster than normal IF, viewing webpages or pages with a lot of "blankish" non gfx heavy stuff, even then i coudl run some games on my 2nd monitor display in 1024x768 and they were reasonably playable.

got a few pics of some stuff ive had running and my current keyboard choice.

PS: i ended up using xtightvncviewer for anything that required fast updates, ie: flash / animated content, and remmina for general every day use.

ill see if i get any of your issues now i have to start from scratch tho and note whatever i did to fix it, i know i had a lot of custom remapped keys.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    probably of no use on this post but im also wastign time trying to setup dosbox and P-UAE(or similar) for use on my touchpad as well as playing with ubuntu so im a tad slow reading everywhere atm.
    gatekeeper, So that keyboard you have in the screenshot is KVKBD? That is clean looking. Was it difficult to setup?
    geekpeter, So that keyboard you have in the screenshot is KVKBD? That is clean looking. Was it difficult to setup?
    out of the box, ready to go, just needed scaled/positioned, simple drag and move, keyboard set to 101 etc, ideally still want iterki or similar as thats a transparant overlay.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    out of the box, ready to go, just needed scaled/positioned, simple drag and move, keyboard set to 101 etc, ideally still want iterki or similar as thats a transparant overlay.
    Well it looks a hell of a lot better than OnBoard. Any risk of messing up a potential bluetooth keyboard setup?
    Well it looks a hell of a lot better than OnBoard. Any risk of messing up a potential bluetooth keyboard setup?
    yeah they all seem too atm the second you use 101 the bluetooth breaks and when you dont the virtual keyboards lose functionality, tho i did notice when rightmousing a textbox i was given the option to choose a keyboard type from normal to virtual/more, dunno if that can fix nething, i was still messing with trying to abuse both working when my touchpad unfortunatly needed doctoring.

next time ill copy over my image files as backups.

my keyboard experience was easier as i had synergy to use as well so i could still type from my PC even with a borked bluetooth keyboard layout tho i did notice synergy made all my letters CAPS (very much mostly all the time but not always).
    Whats the command to install it? I can't seem to find what its called in the repo?

Edit: NVM... I fat figured it the first time I tried to install it.
    Whats the command to install it? I can't seem to find what its called in the repo?

Edit: NVM... I fat figured it the first time I tried to install it.
    if it works for you, position it, resize it, you can bring it up via clicking the icon on the task/menubar and if u rm the icon/goto prefs, you can get the option to add a floating "Dockicon" anywhere u want onscreen as well.

you can add it to startup scripts etc and it doesnt stop the rest of the script executing and you can add in an option to iconify/hide on launch (tho ive forgotten what the option was, ill find out when my systems back in action).

also to note i actually binned the menu/launch bar from XFCE4 as it was well crap and used the one from LXDE tried others but they were a pita to setup for somthing so simple so were swiftly executed.
    another v-keyboard that doesnt need keymapping changed is XVKBD, tho mines gone a bit weird when ive resized it, it looks a lot like a basic "onboard", ive used this as a backup when others have gone utterly bad on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    V-Keyboards ive gone through a fair few, used Florence, mostly then Onboard, Failed to get/recompile a working version of Literki, then tried Onboard again, now using KVKBD, works for me (on my old setup at least, well see now ive had to start from sctarch).

Yeah i mostly use XFCE4 as well, more than LXDE, and xtightvncviewer is best to use over anything else when coupled with tightvncserver on the pc/whatever, esp if u get ubuntu viewer to use some diff options from "normal".
    Thanks for the tips, Geekpeter. I'll try kvkbd and xfce4. I still suspect my trouble with vnc has to do with the input focus being stolen by the keyboard, so maybe a different window manager would work (I'm using lxde).