Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree50Likes
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Amazing info it's nice to have charts to compare the different kernels!
  2.    #102  
    Yeah... soo i went to pickup my touchpad yesterday.. luna stopped responding, then the screen went black and it won't respond at all. Novacom can't even detect it anymore. Im going to give it a few days to see if the battery will die and if i can put it the recovery mode and redoctor it, but right now it looks dead as a door nail

Scratch that.... after holding home and power it for the x26326236 time it decided to wake
    Last edited by ghostinator; 09/07/2011 at 11:48 AM.
    F4 Phantom received an update yesterday that fixed the 2nd core from going offline. Everything is like butter now.
    Global Posts
    490 Global Posts
    So I did some reading.

The f15 kernel lets you use speeds up to 1.9 and uses ondemand as it should be. Meaning it uses the first core primarily then uses the second if need be. At 1.9 the second core may not get used much. When idle, the second core is off and the first is at 192. The f4 kernel uses both cores all the time, either at 192 or whatever the top speed is.

Im curious about battery life. The f15 one goes faster but uses one core primarily, and sits at 192 with the second core off. I set my f4 to be 1.5 max, with both cores running and 192 at idle, with both cores running.

By that thinking, im guessing the f15 with one core off most of the time will be batter battery life.

/toomuchcoffee
    Global Posts
    490 Global Posts
    For now im going to try 1.5 max and 192 min with the f4 kernel as a compromise on battery life and speed.
  6.    #106  
    Working on testing all the latest kernel versions and benching in lithium ENYO benchmark test found in the app catalog. Update coming soon
  7.    #107  
    updated
  8.    #108  
    Ok, im LITERALLY freezing my touchpad so i can run it at 1.9GHz and benchmark it. Runs stable with a reported battery temp of -5 C

updated on first post
    Last edited by ghostinator; 09/18/2011 at 10:14 PM.
    Global Posts
    490 Global Posts
    I generally run at 1.5 no matter which kernel I use. Any reason why Warthog does so well here? I see Warthog hasn't been updated in a while as compared to the other kernels.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    boucles0 likes this.
    You should also do the tests for Ondemand rather than Performance, because, you'll get lower performance index with Lithium BenchMark. (Lithium BenchMark performs calculation for 6 sec, then nothing for 2 sec, ..... that's why with Ondemand, you'll get lower values)

Average users will use Ondemand not Performance.

However, you have done a great job with these tests. Thanks !
    warthog is only updated when I have time and when it is necessary.

the release schedule works on the when I feel like it scale...

ymmv
    krish_ravi likes this.
    Global Posts
    490 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    warthog is only updated when I have time and when it is necessary.

the release schedule works on the when I feel like it scale...

ymmv
    Love scale comment. Hahahaha!!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Please feel free to get the donate version of Lithum BenchMark to support me in this app dev :

https://developer.palm.com/appredire...umbenchmarkhdp

Same app as free version.
    so I have used a bunch of these kernels. Uber , f15, and warthog and so far warthog seems the fastest and the most stable out of all them.
    Quote Originally Posted by peteostro View Post
    so I have used a bunch of these kernels. Uber , f15, and warthog and so far warthog seems the fastest and the most stable out of all them.
    try f4 phantom at 1.8
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostinator View Post
    Ok, im LITERALLY freezing my touchpad so i can run it at 1.9GHz and benchmark it. Runs stable with a reported battery temp of -5 C

Click to view quoted image
    Click to view quoted image

updated on first post
    you should try F4 @ 1.8 @ -5 C , bet the numbers will be a lot closer to f15 @ 1.9 @ -5

at first I looked at it and was like "wow, 10 points just from a .01 bump?" NOPE temps affect benchmarks quite a bit
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
    you should try F4 @ 1.8 @ -5 C , bet the numbers will be a lot closer to f15 @ 1.9 @ -5

at first I looked at it and was like "wow, 10 points just from a .01 bump?" NOPE temps affect benchmarks quite a bit
    I was thinking about doing the same, but unfornately i don't have too much time lately. My touchpad has been sitting on its touchstone all day while ive been working on some automotive car projects
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    F4 v81 has a lithium score of 82 points.....
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456