Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by odrex View Post
    as soon as i find a good stable voltage to run my touchpad at 1.944GHz, i will update these with results. Until then my kernel of choice is F15C @ 1.836 GHz and settings are as follows in govnah
    governor: Ondemand
    min freq: 192mhz
    max freq: 1.836GHz
    sampling rate: 0.01 Sec
    up threshold: 65%
    ignore nice load: false
    powersave bias: 0

I/O Scheduler: NOOP
    TCP Congestion: VENO
    I copied those settings and saved as new profile, webosmark score of 1141.
    and its stable so far? 2nd cpu up and running too?
    Quote Originally Posted by creator4ever View Post
    when ever I try these setting and hit the apply button I get the following message " unable to open /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor" and when I close govnah and reopen it the setting look like they worked, but the error worries me a little. So I was wondering if this is normal?
    I had the same issue. Disabled profiles, uninstalled govnah and F15C, rebooted, installed palm default kernel to be safe, rebooted, reinstalled F15C, govnah, rebooted and everything worked right. Changed settings and saved the new profile. Been running super smooth and fast the last 18 hrs no crashes or problems so far. :-)
    sounds like great work all of that, but the question is: how or where are you getting these kernels? preware shows only the uberkernel....
    Quote Originally Posted by khe05 View Post
    sounds like great work all of that, but the question is: how or where are you getting these kernels? preware shows only the uberkernel....
    I just followed this guy's blog (see below), which link you to web-os internals site with step-by-step instructions.

EDIT: Ack! I can't post links yet, I need 10 posts or more. So, do a google search for "how-to-overclock-your-hp-touchpad.html" and it'll be the InfoGenra site. Similarly, I found instructions on xda-developer forums if you google search "xda-developers 1230912". It should be the first result.
    Last edited by xmisery; 08/30/2011 at 03:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by creator4ever View Post
    when ever I try these setting and hit the apply button I get the following message " unable to open /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor" and when I close govnah and reopen it the setting look like they worked, but the error worries me a little. So I was wondering if this is normal?
    You have to uninstall Govnah and re-install it
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    I had the same issue. Disabled profiles, uninstalled govnah and F15C, rebooted, installed palm default kernel to be safe, rebooted, reinstalled F15C, govnah, rebooted and everything worked right. Changed settings and saved the new profile. Been running super smooth and fast the last 18 hrs no crashes or problems so far. :-)
    your help is very much appreciated. Its now working.
    The one thing I noticed is that before you install either F15 or F4, you must go back to the base kernel (e.g. uninstall uberkernal if you had it installed). Obvious to you guys who have been doing this a while, not us newbies.

Thanks for the great info in this thread!
    I got the feeds in preware but cant install them :-(
    neither the f15c nor the warthog

anyone else having trouble with this?
    Last edited by khe05; 08/30/2011 at 04:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by khe05 View Post
    I got the feeds in preware but cant install them :-(
    neither the f15c nor the warthog

anyone else having trouble with this?

uninstall uberkernal (1.5 kernel) if you had it installed
    Excellent thread, thank you for posting these charts and your settings in Govnah, very much appreciated!
  11.    #51  
    The 2nd cpu on the psycho kernel is active, govnah might not show it but trust me if it wasn't kicking on your would notice. Currently Im working on creating the charts for each kernel at each speed to compare them at the same frequency, I really am not seeing any significant difference but i'll still make them for those who requested them.

The only reason i made these charts were because i personally wanted to see some numbers.. and decided to share. I will say real-world difference between the F15C @1.8GHZ and the stock kernel is pretty obvious.

I don't have the time nor the resources to benchmark battery life because everyone uses their TP differently. I also do not want to cover real world usage as there are too many variables i cannot account for and do not have an accurate way to time things to my satisfaction. I should have the other charts up by sometime later this evening.
    werkx likes this.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by tdrag97 View Post

uninstall uberkernal (1.5 kernel) if you had it installed

Uninstall uberkernel then install the palm default ontop of it. Just to be 100% safe no cross contamination between kernel installs
    tdrag97 likes this.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    What's the difference between F15C and F4? Assuming they both run up to 1.8Ghz. F4 says "full time dual-core" on preware. Does that mean it'll always run both cores and F15C might only run one core if the other is not needed?

Also, What's the difference between the two TCP Congestion settings? "Cubic or Reno"?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostinator View Post
    I don't have the time nor the resources to benchmark battery life because everyone uses their TP differently. I also do not want to cover real world usage as there are too many variables i cannot account for and do not have an accurate way to time things to my satisfaction. I should have the other charts up by sometime later this evening.
    Thanks for all the time you have spent on this. I agree on the too many variables. People should try out different settings and form their own judgements for their own use cases.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by xmisery View Post
    I just followed this guy's blog (see below), which link you to web-os internals site with step-by-step instructions.

EDIT: Ack! I can't post links yet, I need 10 posts or more. So, do a google search for "how-to-overclock-your-hp-touchpad.html" and it'll be the InfoGenra site. Similarly, I found instructions on xda-developer forums if you google search "xda-developers 1230912". It should be the first result.
    I truly hope that repostings of content regarding kernels, patches and themes get credited to the the original creators and not other development groups. All of the hard work that webOS developers and webOS Internals provide is funded though donations. To repost other peoples hard work can sometimes be a disservice.

Please always feel free to download "Preware Homebrew Documentation" from the App Catalog or donate directly to the developers you like the most. This can ensure the hard work that is done never goes unnoticed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    I truly hope that repostings of content regarding kernels, patches and themes get credited to the the original creators and not other development groups.
    In general, over the past week, I'm seeing about a 50% rate of correct attribution, 40% of unintentional missing attribution, and 10% of flat out taking credit for something they didn't do (mostly from XDA).

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Rod,
    What's your thoughts on the PalmDroid project? Any chance that's going to gain any traction at all? I'd personally love to see Android apps on WebOS. Much more than actually running android on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    Rod,
    What's your thoughts on the PalmDroid project? Any chance that's going to gain any traction at all? I'd personally love to see Android apps on WebOS. Much more than actually running android on it.
    I've not yet seen anyone put forward a project concept which uses open source items and is free from patent litigation risks.

-- Rod
    Bummer

So we're likely to be stuck with the HP app catalog?

Edit: link for anyone that is curious to Palmdroid Project -
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1230723
    Last edited by 9KRacing; 08/30/2011 at 10:45 PM.
    Thanks for the tests and the profile! Question, though, how do you run nBench on the TouchPad? Thanks again!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast