1.    #1  
    I cant connect to my works wifi network.
    We use an NPS(radius) 2008r2 server with WPA2 with PEAP, and MSCHAPv2.
    We allow Authentication by domain computers and domain users.
    Not certs?

For the life of me i cant get it to connect, and it seems im not the only one with this issue.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...-mschapv2.html

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...se-802-1x.html

i have tried the method of exporting a cert from a mac, but it didn't work.
    I should mention too that i have no issues with my iphone on my work wifi.

So who can i pay to fix this? ill pay $100(aus worth more than US $ :P) if it helps me and other users in the same boat.
  2.    #2  
    i assume no one?
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    post in devs forum
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    Try using the webOS Butler service. Someone on there may be able to help you.
    did you try the pptp vpn plugin app by hp?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Centifax View Post
    did you try the pptp vpn plugin app by hp?
    nope, had no idea it existed, I'd love to give it a go though.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I fixed mine, but it requires a terminal and some quick fingers. It also requires an arm build of wpa_clip. I guess I'd consider it more of a workaround than a fix.

Feel free to PM me.
    Last edited by davegarbs; 08/28/2011 at 01:03 PM.
    <Thread moved to Development forum>
    export in .cer and email it to your device then open the attachment?
  10.    #10  
    i have so far sent myself these certs
    Root CA
    User Cert
    Computer Cert

None of the above worked.
    Can you please write up what you did Dave? im willing to give it a go.
    does your company have an internal certificate server that allows you to download the appropriate cert?
    I typically point our internal android clients to Main - RealmB's Android Certificate Installer due to glitches in the googley OS, maybe that can bring you good fortune. I have no problems once I import our .cer into the certificate manager within webOS.
    WPA2 Enterprise/Peap/MsChapV2 as well.
    naturally, try using both "username" and "pass" as well as "domain\username" and "pass".
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by konsole View Post
    does your company have an internal certificate server that allows you to download the appropriate cert?
    I typically point our internal android clients to due to glitches in the googley OS, maybe that can bring you good fortune. I have no problems once I import our .cer into the certificate manager within webOS.
    WPA2 Enterprise/Peap/MsChapV2 as well.
    naturally, try using both "username" and "pass" as well as "domain\username" and "pass".
    Yeah we do have an internal certificate server.
    What type of certificate do i need? (i think this is where the confusion lays)

What type of cert are you installing to your android devices?
    Have tried both ways with username.
  13.    #13  
    I also tried the butler service, they told me the touchpad does not support peap and mschapv2.

:S
    Quote Originally Posted by CordlezToaster View Post
    Yeah we do have an internal certificate server.
    What type of certificate do i need? (i think this is where the confusion lays)

What type of cert are you installing to your android devices?
    Have tried both ways with username.
    IIRC, I always export into:
    X.509 Certificate (DER)
    It should export with a .cer file extension. When you open the attachment in the mail app on your webOS device it should open in "Certificate Manager" and ask to import it.
  15.    #15  
    yup that's the way I export them, what type of cert do k need though?
    root ca?
    user cert?

appreciate your help
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    At least for me, importing the cert did nothing, as WiFi appears to be broken with both PEAP-GTC and PEAP-MSCHAPv2. I have had a bug report open with HP for 3 weeks now and haven't heard a single word. I even captured a ton of logs from the device that I thought would help get things taken care of.

The only way I found to fix this is to use wpa_cli to reconfigure wpa_supplicant with the proper config for your network. This HAS to be done right as you log into the network in the WiFi app. Judging by the following link, this has been a problem for a long time:

Advanced Wifi - WebOS Internals

I'll be really surprised if HP gets back to me, but I'll update this thread if/when I hear from them.
    Try this out:
    Export the trusted root CA in Base-64, uploaded it here for good measure.
    Enter captcha / Follow the links until you download their scrubbed .CER file, then email it to your webOS device and open the attachment in the mail app. Certificate manager imports it... and profit?
    That works for me on my HPTP. Just entering the SSID and my domain credentials gets me on after that. I can't really offer any more suggestions. :-D
  18.    #18  
    Really appreciate your help.
    Will look into both.
    Last edited by CordlezToaster; 08/29/2011 at 06:20 PM.